1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pro/Amateur Teams for league racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by subtsub, Dec 25, 2013.

1. subtsub

subtsub Rookie

When this sim hits multiplayer, who's planning on creating/being on a team for racing leagues and the likes?

Just a thought, hasn't been much talk about it (obviously the game's in early development) but still, looking forward to seeing a few new teams out there, especially with the ease of skin creating..

I, for one, will definitely be racing on a team with my buddy Donut_10, already made the skins etc!

What about you guys? :)

Tiago Lima and Leemstradamus like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Open series custom 3H race weekend includes 2-driver teams Jul 27, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International 'Big Grid 9hr Endurance Spa' 82 teams 19th Feb 2022 Dec 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Question on the teams and liveries Aug 22, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RWB International RST league GT3 'Teams' 8/5/2021 May 2, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Not able to select all teams in BGT - Championship Mode Mar 22, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Racing Sim Tools 4Hr Endurance Series 1 Duo Teams 13/12/2020 Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Server won't start because overrideDriverInfo 0 doesn't work for teams Jul 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions RLM Beta Teams Stress-Test / Suzuka / 50 Teams Feb 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Driver Swap MP Test Event for teams Nov 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Drivers swap / teams bugs Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari - Not all teams available - Sprint Race Weekend Dec 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Spa 24h One Off Teams Nov 19, 2018
    Console Lounge Any teams/leagues on XBOX ONE? Sep 29, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Championship by Teams May 6, 2017

3. Andrew Ward

Andrew Ward Gamer

I ran a team in the 2011 Formula Sim Racing World Championship. Very enjoyable experience as a team owner but it requires a lot of time, testing, driver management, finding sponsors as well as the politics that come with league racing... all this on top of working a full time job & being a father & husband. But that being said I would be very interested in a GT type championship in Assetto Corsa as a Team owner.

Andrew

Patrik Marek and Leemstradamus like this.
  4. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

I'd love to race with an amateur team. Building a team and working towards a common goal is very satisfying. I also think it could add a lot of buzz to the game.

Old post, I know, but the topic is interesting.

alex72 and zamex23 like this.
  5. Martyn

Martyn Racer

Yep I agree. Essential to keep the scene alive IMO. Personally I won't have time to commit to anything like that but I want people to race against so two options I can think of are drivatar style AI drivers that can enter your races for you and do comparable lap times with similar characteristics (realise this is no small ask) or just an option to enter races based on your world rank, or as part of a team, entering as an average of the whole team until you go pro where the team is stacked against only other pro teams.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  6. nasanu

nasanu Gamer

I have been coding away to support this. I already have leagues support with teams integration (and crucial Assetto Corsa support :) ):

A demo league:
    http://formula-digital.com/league.aspx?leagueID=11

Demo Championship:
    http://formula-digital.com/championship.aspx?id=11

And demo team:
    http://formula-digital.com/team.aspx?teamID=1

I should have everything tried and tested by the time multiplayer hits. To explain, I am building a web application to host leagues for racing games. Any user can create a league, each league has championships with seasons and each championship has races. All of these generate their own content which can be embedded in other sites so the league does not have to live on my site. Teams are the same, each user can create 1 team and others can request to join or be invited. The team has private messaging, private setup sharing etc and can enter championships.

Just got to keep my head down and keep coding...

7. That sounds very cool :)

8. Metal

Metal Racer

I'm thinking of puting online servers for some league racing and other types for AC. If server requirement won't be to extreme, i may even sponzor some (dedicated and serius) leagues on permanent basis.

9. dbell76

dbell76 Racer

I would defently like to start as an Amateur racer in a GT League

We are re-building up the "Team DNA Motorsport" which we had in Console Times
    We have some Drivers (3 at the Moment) and we will have a small Website
    looking Forward for the MP

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Our team (www.teamGT.it) is already active on iRacing, after past experiences on GTRevo, GTR2 and a little bit on NKPro.
    Many of us are waiting of the ac's multiplayer mode.
    Years ago, we already was paying for a server's rent for the other sims, so, if AC will be able to satisfy our expectations, another server's rent will be very very possible.. for sure.
    Sim-side, AC has already convinced many of us, the iRacing's experience has expanded our knowledge with other team not-Ita, so, participations and creations of nationals/internationals champs depends only from AC's multiplayer...

11. I'm definitely interested in getting in on the ground floor with amateur teams in AC, that'll be my biggest motivation for playing.

12. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

So. Now that MP is probably closing. Anyone interrested in starting a team? I am no pro, but I am getting decent and quite consistent laptimes. Still lots of rom for improvments though.

Anyone?

13. TCLF

TCLF Alien

14. I'd definitely like to start one, if you're interested I'm with a tight group of people that have a Teamspeak going. PM me for the info, or I can plug my group more :p

15. subtsub

subtsub Rookie

Yeah it's cool that there's interest for teams and pro/am racing - let's hope the multiplayer lives up to expectations. If anyone wants to team up I'd be happy to :)

16. I would very much love to race on any amateur Rally Cross League.

17. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

@TrenchcoatNinja: you're U.S right? That makes it difficult with timezones.

@TCLF: you recruiting? If so, please feel free to PM me with details. Mainly GT3 driver. Pretty much all about the McLaren. ;-)

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

TCLF likes this.
  18. Yes I am Voodoo, but still, I'll be competing in AC regardless of timezone (I've had to deal with somewhat awkward times in the short time I've been racing in LFS as well).

19. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Found that video extremely entertaining. Can anybody link me to more of these kind of vids. (Commentary + Full races)

20. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

Check out empty box on youtube.

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

21. I second that, got one of his videos open in another tab right now :D