1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. So your only criteria for a game to satisfy you is for it to load more often than not. (or look pretty in VR) Good for you to be that easily pleased, but I am not so easily amused.

2. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I'm sorry, where exactly did he say that was the case?

3. Other than smoothly loading more often than not, and looking pretty in VR, what does pcars2 bring to the table to appreciate? I guess if testing ffb settings is a persons idea of a fun minigame then pcars2 will give them every pennies worth of their money.

Anyways, you guys have fun collecting your brownie points, I am going to go play the game I enjoy. (and after a quick look at the Steam charts, I would advise you guys to do the same)

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Every time race driver posts impressions on PCars, these guys going berserk. Not even funny anymore.
    Same exact arguments as when that Mercedes GT driver posted his video, wrong setup, guy doesn't know ****, he's an idiot, etc..
    Only last time the guy was even threatened by SMS to take this to his sponsor unless he takes video down.

5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Maybe we can all just agree that iRacing is the most realistic sim, because that's what Niki and Jan tell us.

Rosko likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Didn't Ian Bell acutally complain to Mercedes when this happened? Maybe he's complaining to Aston right now :D

Both quite like AC as well, so why not?

LeDude83 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  7. Not far from the thruth, quite likely.

8. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

I cant believe this thread has 500 pages.....same thing over and over again.

9. bobken

bobken Rookie

And the same old verbal diarrhea from certain posters, if you enjoy AC, play it, same for all the other sims, agreed, time to close this annoying thread, its just a platform for particular wind up merchants.

McGregor, morpwr69 and Rosko like this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

Na, Here, on racedepartment, simply everywhere Those who have no interest in a constructive Discussion should get a Warning and a ban if it doesnt help.

Seanspeed's was right with what He Said and the reaction to it Totally missed the Point and was just Used To Continue With what He identfied as the Problem some have - the emotional Investment or whatever Else drives some People to Act like that.

And in racedepartment they lose it if other People do the Same while its about acc. Still they dont get what they do wrong, which is poor, Cant Be easier to get it if someone mirrors your own behavior.

Haiden773, morpwr69 and Rosko like this.
  11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

It's their main choice due to competitive environment.
    Nicki when reviewing Iracing mentioned that it represents car character best (under various conditions e.g. braking/accelerating) with main issue being tires feeling squishy/too hot (particularly at limit) which is a long known thing in Iracing, while mentioned that AC has an edge in this area. Jan also seemed to most impressed by overall handling in Iracing. I expect they know their real cars and they should be able compare them to virtual representations. Their reviews on those specific virtual vs real cars shouldn't be taken as a hard fact that one or another sim is ultimately most realistic (or not). However their opinions on those specific cars should be valid.
    Have anyone seen GT3 race driver evaluating any of the Pcars2 GT3 cars as closest to real virtual representations they driven? I haven't.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

And that is it, full stop.
    Driver who drive online main goal is to be as fast as possible to finish ahead. They are setting their car to allow the fastest lap time, not to have the said car feel like the real life counterpart. They will exploit any advantage the set up of that particular SIM will allow in order to win.
    The total package is what counts and IRacing has the best total package to allow competitive online racing, no contest.

Any one taking any SIM public server with any level of seriousness and getting mad when being pushed needs serious medical attention and should probably grow up.

Any comment made by any real life race car driver has to be taken with a ton of salt for 2 main reason
    1. what peripheral is he using and how was the car/track set up?
    2. In any case, any SIM experience is miles away from driving a real car, let's be honest, so saying one is closer only means it is somehow a little better at it in some particular aspect which reflect that particular person preferences.
    We all have driven cars, some more than other, but enough to determine by our-self which is closer and which SIM overall experience we prefer. I drive SIM exclusively in VR, because it feels much closer to real life driving to me, I prefer AC but I also like R3E, PCars2 and RF2, in that particular order.

13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I suspect, if we actually had irrefutable evidence that simulation-X was the clear winner in terms of accuracy in handling and realism, we'd still be greatly disappointed compared to real life (having the opportunity to compare using the same cars / track, etc.). I don't believe that day will ever arrive because, I believe its all about what title we connect with in the ways that are important to us. It may be for the immersion, competition, environment, social, science, physics, . . . play whatever title(s) does it for you and enjoy the sh!t out of it - and, if you have the opportunity to have such experiences in real life - even better. Even RL race-drivers can't agree on which title is most accurate, why should we even hope to?

Cote Dazur and Andrew_WOT like this.
  14. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Yet we have RL race drivers testing out various sims time with great first impressions, huge smile on the face and compliments such as "MEGA!" while maintaining pretty good driving considering they jumped to a new sim environment while lacking sensory input of RL driving. :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  15. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

After nearly 600 hours of pain with game breaking bugs and broken promises, I finally decided to call it. I only wish I had come to my senses back in 2017, but now that "Project Bugs" is behind me, let's look into the future.

16. magzire

magzire Alien

What kind of bugs put you off?

17. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Someone just pressed the reset button again .......

Haiden773 and Gevatter like this.
  18. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Y
    You already announced that on steam forums a few months ago.

I dont think the guys at GTPlanet or RaceDept know yet so best post over there to to get max exposure....

After all its headline news when someone stops playing a game ;)

19. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

1) Incomplete gear/shift and clutch system, making it very hard to immerse yourself and drive like normal.

2) Floaty subpar gamepad physics (works fine with my DS4) that will have you do the most amazing driving just to keep yourself driving in a straight line.

3) Broken multiplayer with severe host migration issues, lag and stutter (this is where and when I had to pull the plug).

4) Don't even get me started on the wreckfest AI or I will have to wash my mouth out with soap...

Notice I didn't pick any of my auditory or visually unappealing issues (which are half of the reason 'why' and mostly car specific) and you asked for the "bugs" that put me off.

I know the v1.7 patch and last DLC is right around the corner, but considering the huge amount of bugs that got left behind back in PC1, I hardly think another patch will do more than put on some paint.

It was fun while it lasted. I made new friends, helped host a few endurance events, tried tracks and cars that I would never have imagined myself driving.

Apologies for the rant. I just think it's sad how little emphasis was put on QA, it could have been golden.

Feel free to read my full review: https://steamcommunity.com/id/raklodder/recommended/378860 all criticism is welcome.

After_Midnight and magzire like this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

Probably not, if you can justify the cost. I can't. Even the more serious nature of it puts me off, it doesn't feel like you'd be able to just pick up and play whenever you feel like it, mostly due to it not having AI.

I haven't really tried any of the other sims, I have AC, I like AC, another sim would have to offer a substantially better sim for me to switch to that other sim. Pcars 1&2 didn't really seem to offer anything new, I don't like the buying cars and tracks separately model of Raceroom and iRacing so I didn't even bother with them. I saw a new sim is coming called GTR3, but I lost interest in it once I saw it was doing something very similar to ACC.