1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. kro

kro Simracer

LOL my my ..
    We have been enjoying pc2 as a league all the while , we also race AC , RF2, AMS and even some race07 .. I have also started a ACC group thread for those of us that have and are following the EA ! We have nice grids featuring sprint and endurance racing & a lot of the same drivers in all the series , we are not jaded we are not fanboys or haters lol, we are sim racers , pixel chasers ! As one of the admins I'm responsible for the server set up's & organization .. I find PC2 to be just as immersive (if not more) as any of the other titles we race , In comparison to the other titles we find the up close door to door online racing with pc2 to be very good , not to glitchy no crazy hit bubble extended contact issues ectt.. , ya we have issues from time to time ,but not any more than the other titles do , mp gaming in general will have its glitches .. We are a constantly growing sim community that is all about the racing … if you love to drive/race and can enjoy the root of racing & are not a bigot or club baby seals you are welcome to come race with us ! lol (this is not a promo for our league, if you want info pm me ) I just want to state the fact that regardless of your taste pc2 is a great piece of software , as is AC , rf2 AMS and soon to be ACC !

The one thing this thread proves is haters will hate no matter what so just don't feed the beast …

2. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

@AC Support don't you also think 500 would be a fine pagecount to shut down this salt mine? ;)

Andrew_WOT, LeDude83 and Seven Smiles like this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Why?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Whitestar likes this.
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It's become boring. The thread lays dormant for a month until somebody posts in here which ultimately leads to namecalling, the thread goes to sleep again and the cycle repeats. There seem to have been no new announcements for PC2 for some time, and the final DLC has already been released, so I'm not sure ther'll be anything new to discuss. Plus, 500 really is a nice round number :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I really hope that I'm not bumping the thread into page Nr. 501 :p

It's true - this thread might have been helpful at times. But 95 % of the time it was a mudfight. This statistics alone would be enough for me as a mod to lock it. The helpful 5 % can surely be found in a forum other than the Kunos support forum.

6. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I don't see why people who play and like to discuss PCars2 shouldn't be allowed to have this thread open.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why should a hread be locked because some forum members come into the thread and do everything they can to destroy it? Punish those members instead or just make a rule that no other game except AC is allowed to discuss. Its nice to talk to other AC fans about different driving games because we kinda share the same taste (not everyone ofc).

Freddie Seng, Typer and liakjim like this.
  8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

^This. I abandoned the game long ago but don't care if people play it or want to talk about it on here. We have threads discussing lots of other games that get on without the mudfight just fine, so in theory it's possible for this thread to be civilized....in theory.

Typer likes this.
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It's not about disallowing discussion, the thread just isn't useful anymore beyond ****flinging from both sides of the pond. But hey, if you still expect to see constructive discussion in here, by all means leave it open :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

There's still people that play and enjoy the game and they probably would like to have a place to discuss it with fellow AC fans, but obviously that can't happen because others will just come in here and cause trouble.

11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Just wanted to mention to the many here that have stopped driving in PCars2, that it was also my case until recently.
    After upgrading my GPU, I was curious to see how PCars2 would look now with higher settings in my VR goggles.
    It looks great, no big surprise here, what pleasantly surprised me is that PCars2 drives better than it used to, not sure what they did, but it is improved. I still find AC more rewarding, but from now on, I will drive PCars2 more often.
    Just saying, it might be worth a try for you to.:)

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I just revisited some of the RallyX content in PC2 and have to admit that it was a lot of fun. The FFB seems better than I remember it but, perhaps the title received some extra placebo effect along the way. :p:D

13. plaid

plaid Alien

I temporarly gave up, but I would welcome updates or maybe mods improving it, besides new settings for the FFB. But the thread is also useful to put the groupies on ignore.

Its not just this thread, in AC related ones they are usually those getting salty if people critice their favorites.
    And don't get any attention from moderators.

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Technically there is such a rule already
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/welcome-to-the-chit-chat-room-please-read.3357/
    So hypothetically we are not allowed to discuss PCars on its own without relating to AC, and we all know how well it ends. You can also read mirrored version of this on PCars forum.

mms likes this.
  15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Easiest solution : stop following it and let people that care to keep talking. :)

Typer, Haiden773, Whitestar and 2 others like this.
  16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I don't see anything broken with all these posts.
    In one way or another they all are AC related, either by directly comparing features or just being another title of the same genre.

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Yet this thread needs shut down. :rolleyes:

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Even AC specific threads are shutdown for abusive exchanges, this one is nothing but mud fight. People jump in out of bore just to exchange some jabs here, nothing else.

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Actually there has been a fair bit of decent conversation in this thread both positive & negative towards the game but also blatant trolling by some oddball members who seem to do it as a hobby. I still have to remind myself most are 30+ not teens on 4chan.