1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

That still sounds like a personal problem. Why do you care about the tone of discussion in a single thread? If it were causing forum-wide disturbance, then I could understand. But it seems like the simple solution here for anyone that doesn't like it, to just ignore the thread/unsubscribe from the thread, right? ;)

I agree. I booted it up a few months ago and was finally able to get it feeling good. I played it often, but then just got tired of the sound. Compared to other sims, the audio in PCars2 is terrible. And in VR, it really breaks the immersion for me. With RR, AC, ACC, the audio deepens the immersion. PCars2 sounds just as bad a PCars1. It's a shame. If it weren't for that, I'd play it a lot more often.

2. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Haha so it starts again and people will buy it again. It's a very, very bad sign that it begins with such a statement.

4. Haiden773

He's said that twice before. Each time, they've had a grandiose vision, but been unable to pull it off completely. The neat features have never been properly integrated and haven't worked correctly in single player. I think they got by with that because no one else offered anything close in terms of features. But the field has changed since PCars2, with other titles now implementing the same features, only doing it better, in terms of full integration.

Honestly though... If they just took PCars2, fix the car sounds, how the weather effects AI, and made the FFB consistent across all cars--basically just polish up what they currently have--I'd pay another $60 for. But my guess is, they will spend valuable development time adding new things and let the issues carry over like they did with PCars2. That said, I'm glad they're making a new one. Because there's always hope they'll learn from the past and improve.

5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

So would I.
    PCARS 2 had/has a lot of potential, I must admit. I'd just like to add one more thing: fix the setup mess. AMS, AC, ACC, R3E, rF2 - they all offer decent setups to start with - no need to change something to have fun with each car.
    I hope they won't hype their new game/sim as the most authentic, most beautiful one again.

Haiden773 likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

They could polish pC1 away from an inconsistent half-hearted mess to a good sim and I'd buy it for the features even if they don't touch the GFX. But they won't - 2 full dev cycles really is enough to learn that.

Winston likes this.
  8. Haiden773

Agreed. I started using PC2 Tuner and was amazed at how off balance the default setups are. You shouldn't have to make those kinds of adjustments to the default setup. I'd also like to them bring back the ability to save FFB settings per car, assuming the FFB system remains the same. But if they made the FFB consistent, like other sims, then that wouldn't be needed.

I feel like they will just add more stuff to it, probably in the e-sports area, since that's where the competition is beginning to outpace them. The fact that the audio has one through two cycles and hasn't been dealt with, leaves me feeling less than hopeful.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  9. Carla

Carla Rookie

Great news. At least this time, he states that "They plan" on blowing anything else out of the water, and not "we will" blow everything else out of the water....If anyone can build or has the potential to build a great racing simulator game, or have the experience and resources to do so, SMS can. At the very least, make the effort to do so. Consider my interest peaked. Thanks for the info @hristo1026

hristo1026 likes this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Seems like Ian is more humble this time.

Carla likes this.
  11. Haiden773

I think SMS would do better if they just focused blowing their own expectations out of the water, instead of making trouncing the competition their bar for success. Just make a good sim in your own right. The constant talk about killing the competition is what gets them into trouble and makes people dislike them.

Why can't they simply develop a title without the hyperbolic king-of-the-hill talk up to release?

Freddie Seng, vortex19 and Carla like this.
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

For me PC2 offers the best racing experience in VR on the market at the moment. I hope ACC and PC3 will be that good (or even better) in VR.

13. Haiden773

The terrible audio, ruins the VR experience for me. The graphics are great, but the audio kills the immersion. Conversely, AC and RR have less appealing graphics, but I feel far more immersed, because the sound complements everything I'm seeing and feeling. The engine and effects sounds very realistic, allowing my brain to make the leaps. With PCars, the muffled vacuum cleaner sound is a constant immersion killer, because it doesn't sound realistic, at all. Porsches are some of my favorite cars in sims, in PCars they're one of the saddest sounds I've ever heard. :(

Freddie Seng and Mike1304 like this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

They need to hire this guy :)

15. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

PC3? I didn't know PC2 was finished?

bondyboy likes this.
  16. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

17. Haiden773

If the FormulaX sounded like that guy's F1, I wouldn't have quit the FormulaX career. :)

The sound was just too bad. By the fourth race, I came to the start line and just couldn't bear the thought of another race with that noise screeching in my ears.

18. plaid

plaid Alien

I would also like to ask him if they plan reduce content and features to a point they can finish it.
    Rain and endurance races are useless if the AI isn't capable of racing in those conditions. If they aren't consistent across the tracks and the content is a mixed bag the career also becomes useless. While speaking about that, Kunos has to prove that they can get that right, too.While all that is probably quite difficult.
    And maybe reduce the detail of the cars, if its necessary to make the tracks feel more race-like. 2018 it should be possible to make it appear less like a trackday. ACC is also curently almost as dead as AC.
    Its not unusual that a dev makes some mixed bags and come out with a solid title, but Im not really optimistic.

19. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Just like they did with Project Bugs 1 & 2? I reckon it will be called Project Bugs 3: Fast & Furious, and yes, "you heard it here first"...

Feel free to read my review: https://steamcommunity.com/id/raklodder/recommended/378860

20. Haiden773

If they did nothing more than that and improve the sound, I'd gladly buy it

Slowbloke likes this.