1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Calling a competitor a liar is not professional nor humble.

Below is an example of a more professional approach....

Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

2. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

To be fair, bribing Simracing's loudest critic with a racing car & contract and have him from then on be exclusively in the business of shilling Project Cars is not the most honest tactic you could employ. But I agree with Ian that Aris is one of Simracing's finest.

3. plaid

plaid Alien

There Are Posts that were Not cool on both sides, but in both cases its Not very interesting imo and fuels those mindnumbing fights.
    I think a few People, some being ac Fans, could use a lil bit of Moderation Here and on racedepartment to Be more humble.
    Also, Aris does well with Posting, just to mention a good example.

Slowbloke likes this.
  4. I am not attacking SMS... I am sure the studio is full of incredibly talented and dedicated people, I even know some of them.. the testament to that is the quality of Project Cars 1 & 2.

But when it comes to those 2 then ya.. my respect is below zero and I have my reasons for it.

One tried to blackmail me into hire him after years of lies started when I declined an interview with him.. the other one abused (verbally not (yet) sexually :p ) me privately with a (again verbal) violence it has to be seen to be believed.

Is the fact that I make no mystery I find these 2 individuals repulsing and that the whole idea of buying off your critics makes me want to puke also makes me not humble or professional? Fine, I'll live with that and the consequences it might generate, that's what I was taught growing up and I am not going to change now because some guy feels offended on an internet forum.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Oh.. Well thats awful.
    However that Illustrates how People can get a wrong impression by Not knowing the whole picture.
    While i still don't Know why some People feel like they Are part of those conflicts or whatever.
    At Least with Games it should Be easy to seperate the Person and his work.

6. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

You did not offend me in the slightest.

I obviously have not seen any verbal violence example aimed at you and the idea of that sucks and is out of order.

We all have our personal views on numerous topics and we all are responsible for the filters (or lack thereof) we apply when we share them.

To me at least a leader of a respected company should not air those views quite so openly.... anyhow your forum, your company so fill your boots I guess.

lumataro and stefanoCasillo like this.
  7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Choked on my cereal at "That was near perfection already".

Thanks Ian

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. Would like to ask about the Perfection of Many Cars feeling Bad, ai Performing inconsistent in Rain and from Track to Track, get Stuck or crush in endurance races and a few other things.
    But its probably best to just ignore him.

While its always sad if a Game doesnt reach its Full Potential, for Players and the Nicer Parts of the dev Team.

@Lord Kunos
    Could you Write something about how likely it is to have competitive ai in endurance races in acc but also in General, so if this is Even possible?

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Apparently near perfection is just a little bit more than 200% off.

10. I'd be happy to but please open a dedicated thread and explain the question a bit better (I am not sure what you mean) so we can leave this thread dedicated to Project Cars.

11. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, sounds like a real stand-up guy...

We're actually pretty close. They've been copying everything we've done since GTR2.
    I'm being lighthearted of course.
    It's not like we nailed in cockpit movement of drivers head under gForces, then it appeared in Forza. Or it's not like we implemented reactive driver hands on the wheel with micro-reflex movements, which then appeared in Forza (and DriveClub). It's not like we implemented in-cockpit windscreen reflections, which then appeared in Forza. It's not like we designed Autolog for EA, which we redesigned as Driver Network which then appeared...
    Maybe they should add on-screen telemetry.... hold on....
    As I say, no relationship whatsoever.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29558-The-pCARS-v-Forza-discussion

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You see...it doesn't really matter, at all what Stefano calls Ian or what Ian calls Stefano. It was fun to see Ian doing the Trump, Stefano doing the angry cat and it might still be fun in the future to see that. But maybe we can have this debate here on a slightly more productive note and discuss the sims they produce, instead.

PC3 will go into EA or just launch without EA at some point and then we'll have a baseline for a discussion.

I hope it's fine and doesn't prove my poor traits of character when I say: I don't expect much from a PC3 in terms of sim quality after seeing the predecessors ;)

13. But don't you know, PC3 will be 736,4% better than its nearly perfect predecessors!!11

14. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Im not couldn't figure out who exactly did GTR/GTR2 - SimBin or Sector 3? Ian Bell has anything to do with this?

15. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Ian Bell founded Simbin with Henrik Roos. They fell out towards the end of GT Legends development. Ian left with most of the development team and Henrik left with the names Simbin, GTR probably the FIA GT license, and about 4 of the team. Ian's team was re-named Blimey! With development of GTR2 already underway, this resulted in the rather strange situation where Simbin subcontracted development of GTR2 to Blimey! Simbin then recruited staff from the DICE team (which had just closed) and went on to develop RACE.

The few original Simbin members who stayed with Simbin after the split have all left. None now work for Sector3. Most of those who worked on GTR, GT Legends and GTR2 still work at SMS. I should perhaps state I am speaking from first hand experience as I worked for Blimey! for several months during GTR2 development.

16. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Thank you very much for the explanation - I couldn't understand who was doing what for a long time.

How great was the GTR2 game (Oh, my God, I remember Lister Storm with nostalgia) and how... I will not rate PC2. For me, it remained a wrapper of not tasty candy.

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not sure where you pulled that number from :p but even going by Ian Bell's amazingly round number of 200% better then PC2, which in their own words was much better then Pc1 then how crap in their figures was PC1 now. :D Pc2 was considerably better then 1 but sold considerably less as the marketing tactics left an unpleasent taste in most peoples minds. I think PC3 would need to be fricken amazing to get enough past Project cars customers to buy another SMS driving game.

I really hoped they would have made PC2 better then it ended up, some cool ideas some odd decisions and lots of recycled hype nearly word for word from PC1 pre release to PC2 pre release. But anyone actually hiring that PRC troll, getting him a race car, new PC and some sort of "official" role at SMS really says a lot about Bells character. It actually takes it to a much lower level then he could take it on his own which is quite an amazing achievement as he tries pretty hard on his own to kill all credibility.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

asdsdssdsd

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

detta är kul

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Have you been on the sauce again? ;-)