1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Mid Pack Jack

Mid Pack Jack Rookie

That's incredible but I for one believe you. The verbal abuse you rec'd has confirmed it for me. One of them is a "bought" amateur critic which is pretty much the lowest of the low, and the other is just a disgusting person who just likes to belittle people and brag about how much money he makes out of us chumps buying is simcade games. Horrible baldy man.

romandevision likes this.
  2. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Interesting though nether has produced anything I would buy in recent years.

4. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

xystof and LeDude83 like this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Thats maybe a good thing. Instead of oversaturating the market with mediocre games it would be nice to instead have just a few good ones. What SMS lacks and codies usually provides are mostly polished games, so they for once finish a game. I hoped Codies would try to make a circuit racing sim after Dirt Rally, since the careers in F1 are top notch and thats where sims usually don't shine. Codies could also hold Ian Bell on a leash. :D
    I guess Automobilista 2 will be rather basic featurewise and god knows whats happening with GTR3.

Dunno about the rest, but Dirt Rally 1 and 2 are pretty good, especially since the lack of alternatives. Dirt Rally 2.0 is 70% off on steam, also the deluxe edition with season 1 and 2 dlc. But only till the 3.12. !
    I consider it, while im not sure if they fixed the bumpy cockpitcams. Those gave me a headache just by watching videos.

hristo1026 likes this.
  6. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Didn't Slightly Mad start out as modders? Nice paycheck for them regardless.

7. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Started out as cunning fundraisers.

bondyboy and cooknn like this.
  8. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

DR2 has good physics and great car sounds as always, along with photo-realistic visuals - but same problem since the Colin Mcrae rally days: suspension bodyroll and tire physics on multiple surfaces just feel off. It's like the car is pivoting at the centre and has no chassis movement.

9. robbo6

robbo6 Gamer

No most of SMS were the people mainly behind Simbin. They did the GTR mod for one of the F1 games then went on to GTR, GTLegends and GTR2.

andrea.chiovato and Slowbloke like this.
  10. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

I've been playing PC2 for long. It's ACC and PC2 for me. Love them both. PC2 is really not a bad SIM. Anyway, anyone heard the latest PC3 news? They're doing away with pit stops, fuel load and usage, tyre compound choice and even tyre degradation! More than slightly mad. Unbelievable.

11. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Pretty damned horrific from a pure sim perspective. I was gutted when I saw all this develop in the last few weeks - I am/was a big PC2 fan despite its shortcomings.

Will give it a go but it had better be a significant step up over PC2 in numerous areas (ie wonky kerb physics, inconsistency, AI behaviour generally, improved sound, improved visuals and performance in VR etc.. etc..) - if its just about the same/a bit better (minus a bucket load of basics from sim racing school 101) its absolutely pointless when we have ACC, RF2, iracing, AMS2 etc.....

12. How to sell a 'sim' in 2020 that has a tire model with less features than games from 1996? Make it pretty in VR.

Profit.

martcerv and SunBro like this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I can understand where they're coming from. It's loosely similar to Aris' decision to only expose those values to the player that the real driver would have access to in the car or automatically adjusting setup values in response to ride-height changes, in order to focus drivers on driving instead - just taken a step further (and arguably too far). It's also kind of what I've been asking for as an option in sims for a while, having this option of letting your 'race team/engineers' do the work for you (and explained to you) would help newcomers and sim racers who don't have the time to spend hours on setups (of course ACC for example offers decent default setups, and a good setup doesn't fix your driving.). That step beyond what PCars had offered before, sort of what they're doing now.

But not making it optional and removing driver choice in setups and strategy entirely takes away a lot of the depth a sim provides. I'd much prefer a proper sim that offers that depth as well as guidance from your team and all the gameplay niceties of less 'serious' racing games. Will be interesting to see how the final result will actually play like.

14. Drifting (and/or driving past the limit) all day without ever overheating tires is now a wanted feature in a sim; 2020 just continues to get more weird every day.

Vel likes this.
  15. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Hah, to heck with PCARS. They tried to replicate real driving in PCARS2 and failed. So they thought, okay - let's join the quick profiteering bandwagon and just make a half-assed game with pretty visuals and good sounds. And you have the Codies + SMS partnership. I kinda saw the franchise going down the drain from there. Codies don't exactly make sims, I don't know why people call their games realistic. They are not arcade but they're not sims either.

I'm sticking to AC and Forza. At least, Forza is balanced overall.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

If that's a reply to what I wrote above you may want to put your snark away and read again... I'm fully aware of what they wrote about fixed temperatures and that's not what I talked about whatsoever. Just the intent and justification for 'focusing on the driving'.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I think a lot of driver, like myself, would love the option of a virtual engineer, to be available, at least when racing offline. You would be lapping in practice and the engineer would analyses the data and set your car better in light of the way you are driving, that would be something great.
    What SMS is offering in a non sense, most SIM already have the option of opting out of fuel consumption and tire wear. Pit stop are always an option as well.
    Not offering fuel consumption and tire wear with the option of cancelling them when it is already part of the madness engine is not slight madness it is absolute madness.o_O

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yes, I don't disagree. Does nobody read? As I wrote: "just taken a step further (and arguably too far)", "But not making it optional and removing driver choice in setups and strategy entirely takes away a lot of the depth a sim provides.". I would love to see the same thing as you, a proper sim that still offers this guidance, like a real team would for the driver, without taking away anything. But knowing sim developers and players that's sacrilege and won't ever happen. Same with expecting a "game", or a singleplayer worth a damn in a sim...

Cote Dazur likes this.
  19. How on Earth did a thread about Project Cars 2 on the Assetto Corsa forum get to 509 pages?? o_O

20. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

By utilising a bit of prodding resulting in lots of butthurt responses on both sides of the fan bases :p

sissydriver likes this.