1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project cars release delayed! new march 2015

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by McStinger, Oct 17, 2014.

1. McStinger

McStinger Racer

PROJECT CARS RELEASE DELAYED - new release date seems to be MARCH 2015

As German "PC Games" published just 3 hours ago, it seems to be confirmed that the release of pCars will not happen as planed 21. nov 2014. New date will be march 2015.

On twitter and Reddit some supporters of the sim-project gave this information, but till now this info is only given to the supporters within the World of Mass Development-Forum.

source: http://www.pcgames.de/Project-CARS-...erz-2015-verschoben-Jetzt-bestaetigt-1139566/

Stepy likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge FFB on Project Cars 2 Dec 3, 2017
    Console Lounge Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console? Sep 25, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Measured Federal SS595 tire data - a community project tire for Legends Cars mod Jul 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room project cars...again May 27, 2017
    Console Lounge Are you worried about GT Sport and Project CARS 2? Mar 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Project CARS 2 Jan 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Driver Rating System to Be Included in Project CARS 2 - do we need it in AC2?? Jan 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Project Cars Humble Bundle... Jan 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Assetto Corsa vs Project Cars. Jan 8, 2017
    Console Lounge Asseto Corsa vs Project Cars Sep 6, 2016
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa VR vs Project CARS VR Oculus Rift comparison Aug 8, 2016
    Screens & Videos An ac vs project cars vid Dec 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Project cars vs ac Jun 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A thread for project cars May 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Hmm, project cars have still new builds Apr 23, 2015

3. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

Achievement Unlocked by Kunos @ 15 Oct 2014

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I think that's a smart idea from them, with all attention and good reviews AC is having, pCARS release with their ridiculous physics will be suicide...

6. I was planning on buying my G27 when pCARS was coming out this past spring. I only then bought the G27 once Assetto Corsa hit Steam, in the meanwhile I was still waiting for pCARS release in the fall. Now just when it finally nears its release again, it gets delayed.

I think I might give up on waiting for pCARS, nearly been a one year delay. (But I think it's been delayed before IIRC)

7. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Pure trolling and clearly shows what you DON''T know about.

Please don't say you're a member there because there's a difference in being a member and IN FACT, testing. If you did that or even READ you clearly should know better.

But i don't expect much from a long standing fanboy judging by your posts.

And how did you put up with pCARS so much when you can just ask for a refund?

Gassolini, booterboy, WannaBE and 2 others like this.
  8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Well, I have tested it recently, and I can't do other than agree wih @Rui Santos . Compared to AC its physics, theirs is not even close to good. Oh, and don't start about that real life racer which gave his opinion about it, because he also said that in 2012 when he tried it for the first time, that it was very realistic. Back in 2012 when I tried it was on par with need for speed shift.

Also, I don't think you can get a refund when you backed it back in 2012.

Rui Santos and 7he4Ce like this.
  9. atchoo

atchoo Racer

I wrote:
    In my opinion it's better to have TWO great new racing games than only one. Especially if different in their focus.
    So I hope PC will be great.

f1webberfan likes this.
  10. TCLF

TCLF Alien

AC will not at all sell more. That is because AC is aimed far more toward the sim racing community, compared to pCARS which is aimed far more toward the casual audience on all platforms. And I dare to say as a fact that the casual racing community is far bigger than the sim racing community.

f1webberfan and bondyboy like this.
  11. i'm looking forward to pCars - can't ever have enough racing on my racing rig :) its not like you can't buy both you know:)

booterboy, WannaBE, Anuj and 2 others like this.
  12. atchoo

atchoo Racer

@TCLF I agree, but I really don't care how much AC or PC will sell...
    I want great games, AC is here and kicking, I hope PC will do*.

* I'm not sure it will do, though. I didn't like NFS Shift nor NFS Shift 2 so much.

TCLF likes this.
  13. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I wish i could test pcars to see what is going on there. any idea how to get access?

14. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I don't know if steam friend sharing shares pCARS as well, but maybe if you have a friend who has it, you can ask him to try it out.

15. WRONG GAME, WRONG FORUM @ the OP troll ;)

Doug and Tiago Fortuna like this.
  16. leetland

leetland Gamer

It does not. Friend of mine enabled family sharing for it but it doesn't work for games that are still in 'prerelease'.

TCLF likes this.
  17. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

@TCLF I assume you read the big fat red letter in the build notes updated by the user?

And I think your recently mean I go there once in a while to so you seems to have missed what happened "recently" to wrt STM and FFB.

Feel free to PM me there if you have any questions

Patrik Marek likes this.
  18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

From starting the game to setting up my ffb and going on track there is no "big fat red letter" to be seen. To confirm I just tried it out again and indeed, nothing. I also took this opportunity to try the game with all the latest updates (which apparently I didn't have, so I reinstalled the whole game). Driving a the formula A and the mclaren GT3 and I'll stick with my latest statement. The physics aren't good.

19. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Judging by your post, it seems you really need to read mate. Again, i'm always available to help for those interested, ofc (crash course, pun intended :D )

20. TonaZ

TonaZ Racer

PCars = NFS Shift 3 :D

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  21. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

@Tiago, no way to win this fight in these waters

but let me say this, .. let the fan boys live, it's their loss on missing out the proper racing simulator on PC, they can laugh all they want, but it's the players of pCARS that will be laughing in the end

and really smart people will play both and enjoy each for their strengths, ..

@TonaZ: I won't get a ban for replying to you, so let's just not say anything

Gassolini, booterboy, WannaBE and 2 others like this.