1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project immersion at the races with assetto corsa

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by MrPix, Aug 30, 2014.

1. MrPix

MrPix Racer

Thought I would start a thread where I could share my AC videos with you.

It had to be done! Being in the very privileged position to own the baby brother of the newly released (in Assetto Corsa) SLS AMG, but only having 5.4 litres of displacement at the disposal of my right foot in real life, I had to challenge some of the other supercars to a sprint round it's native track.

I set the AI to 92% and hit the start button. The race was tough against the MP-12c and the 458 caught up towards the end, but I managed to get in front and just about keep the powerhouse planted there. There is a bit of a buff out mark on the front from the first lap and an armco on the last bend, but aside from that it was a clean race with plenty of slips and threats of going sideways!

This car has so much torque, it's an excellent representation of the real thing (although I have never driven that 6.3 litre monster, I have played with the same engine and know all about rear tyres and how they disappear with an heavy pressure on the loud pedal.)

The SLS sheer delight to drive Kunos... further kudos to you!

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  2. Mick

Mick Rookie

hi!
    I was looking for some info about sim racing immersion and I found you on youtube.
    Happy to find you here too!
    you made a f****** great project! congratulation.
    what is your system spec? resolution? assetto corsa's spec?
    Thank's you a lot!

PS: I tryed talk to you using feedback section on your site (http://www.projectimmersion.com/index.php) some weeks ago and it wasnt working.

3. MrPix

MrPix Racer

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your comments :)

If you click on the bit below that says Spoiler: Specs, it opens out my system specs and all the info you need I think is in there.

Thanks for pointing out about the broken Feedback section on my website, it only allowed a single entry... I had no idea!... just looked at the error log and it seems over 40 attempts have been made to leave comments, but all failed due to the error.... It's fixed now :)

4. Mick

Mick Rookie

haha i didn't saw it!
    thank's again!

So you ibky have one GTX 780Ti? nice!

5. MrPix

MrPix Racer

Yes only one :)... I have a GTX 980 SC on the way though...

I like to keep up to date with visuals... and the Maxwell based GPU of the 980 has some nice new features that may be better visually than the native down-sampling I use currently (3860x1620 down to 1920x1080).

The main feature is called Dynamic Super Resolution (example: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/19/nvidias-dynamic-super-resolution-is-downsampling-made-easy/) although later on this will be made available in the driver for earlier cards too.

6. Mick

Mick Rookie

I was thinking to buy a SLI of 970 to "copy your project" :D because I would like 120FPS instead of 60.

Well I will wait to see how it is when you will recive your 980 ;)

I hop start my project in 6/10 month

7. MrPix

MrPix Racer

I currently can get about 90 fps with a full field on most tracks at that res, if I drop to 1920x1080 I get in excess of 150fps... all wasted though as my PJ is limited to 60fps.... 980 arrives tomorrow do I'm hoping to use the new Dynamic Super Resolution function instead of native downsampling... with more frames of course:)

8. Mick

Mick Rookie

Very Nice!
    dont forget to make a video! I ;)