1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project Scorpio

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Charms Alarm, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

At minimum, I expect stable framerates. Has there been any official announcements? Any rumors?

LucaBenj and F430_458_F12 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Possibility to use Acc for a project Jul 18, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FSR/DLSS and Projection Correction? Jan 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Enabling AMD FSR alters FOV [FSR disables projection correction] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Project Reborn Endurance Series Jun 25, 2021
    Screens & Videos Shutoko Revival Project (Cinematic) May 21, 2021
    Screens & Videos Shutoko Revival Project (Evening Time) May 12, 2021
    Screens & Videos Shutoko Revival Project Apr 3, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Project 4M - Australian Drift Society w/ Betting.. Feb 14, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the Status on ACC and future Projects? very quiet in here. Jan 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Headlight projection disappears as soon as my car is alongside another Jan 20, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality How to force reprojection on with HP Reverb? Dec 15, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Reprojection in multiplayer Nov 27, 2020
    ACC User Interface Driver Profile screen lost brackground graphics; just projects over the Main Menu screen Oct 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Smooth VR using WMR Reprojection Sep 11, 2020
    ACC User Interface Virtual Mirror missing with Projection Correction Aug 8, 2020

3. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

At minimum 60Fps at 4K

4. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

If we were talking PC´s, maybe, on the right system .
    If were talking consoles, my hopes aint high for that 60FPS @ 3880x2160 resolution .

Still looking forward to what it acutally will be able to pull off .

Tomcul likes this.
  5. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Sadly its still a "slow" Jaguar 8core CPU, RyZen CPU would be damn important.
    GPU-wise its a mix of Polaris with upcoming Vega.
    Wouldnt expect 60 FPS on UHD resolution.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

When Project Scorpio was announced i was immediately interested. But after some second thoughts and a few discussions with other members on this forum (thanks @mister dog ;) ) i decided to buy a pc instead. Why ?
    1. The price. The xbox scorpio is not going to be cheap, i expect it to be the same price as a similar spec pc.
    2. Race games. I'm only interested in (sim)racing games and the selection of these games is much better on pc. Assetto Corsa, Project CARS2 and Dirt4 are also available on console, but there are some very nice games exclusive on pc like Automobilista, Raceroom Racing Experience, iRacing, rFactor2, ...
    3. Wheels. You can use almost every wheel you want on most pc games.
    4. Price of the games. Most games or much cheaper to buy on pc than on console. And don't forget the famous Steam Sales were you can buy games and dlc at great discounts.
    5. Mods. Games like AC have a lot of good free mods (tracks, cars, skins, apps).
    6. Plug and Play ? Yes, absolutely. A lot of people are afraid of pc because it's too complicated. That's the big reason why i didn't want a pc. BUT now i have one i have to admit is just as plug and play as a console. And if you have problems you can find a lot of solutions on forums, google and youtube.

Conclusion : buy a pc instead of a xbox scorpio. :cool:

mister dog, Tomcul and LucaBenj like this.
  7. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

1. I can afford the Scorpio. I already have a gaming PC.
    2. There's plenty of racing games on consoles. Most racing games on PC are pretty 'meh" or too specific. Raceroom and rfactor are great. Raceroom is easily my favorite racing game on PC. I'm not competitive, so I never enjoyed iRacing, and I could never bring myself to giving them my money.
    3. Wheels are no longer an issue on consoles. I'm sure we'll have direct drive wheels within the next year or two.
    4. Both Xbox and Playstation have Steam-tier sales. There's one going on right now.
    5. Mods were great back in the mid 2000s. Unfortunately malicious software runs rampant across the internet these days; I wouldn't recommend mods unless you don't care about the integrity of your system.
    6. I've been pc gaming since I was a toddler and have been building them for decades. Fortunately, the days of installing Windows using a series of floppy disks are long over. It is much easier than it has been in the past, but it still isn't as simple as a console. I have multiple Xbox Ones. When I set up my most recent one, I powered it up, plugged it into the TV, let it update, logged in, and re-downloaded my games. That's it; only took an hour or so. I will admit, consoles have become less simple. I still have my PS1 and PS2. With the PS1, I can put in the game and turn the console on. Nothing else to it. The PS2 needs to be turned on first. My PS3 and PS4 occasionally need updates first. Despite this, consoles are still much simpler than PCs.

Conclusion: This is a thread about AC's Scorpio rumors/news. This thread is located in the Xbox One section of the console subforum. Lets not turn this thread into another console vs PC argument.

(You took the time to reply, typed quite a bit, and explained your point. Thanks for the civility! I simply disagree; no hard feelings okay? Seriously though, thanks for your input. This Xbox section is usually a graveyard for questions.)

8. Charms Alarm

Charms Alarm Rookie

They've already hit 4k60. There's a (surprisingly) significant amount of technical info out detailing why it isn't still a "slow" Jaguar CPU. I am curious to see if the AC devs go for 4k60, 1080p60, or just leave the game at 900p with the occasional framerate drops.

9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

1. The discussion ends here because if you can afford both, i completely agree with you to buy both.
    5. I only download mods from Racedepartment, never had any problem with them.

To be clear it's not my intention to stir things up in the console section and i respect everyone's opinion. I just wanted to point out there's a valid alternative for the Scorpio, BUT everyone has to decide for themselves what to buy or not to buy. I'm still very happy someone pointed out to me there's an alternative.

I really hope you guys get a better gaming experience with the new Xbox Scorpio.