1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Proper DRS rules

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jajp999, May 28, 2017.

1. jajp999

jajp999 Gamer

are the race rules for DRS (i.e. Only available if within 1 second of a car at the detection zone) in the works??

As drs is alwast available to all cars it makes it irrelevant currently

Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Set AI Skill Properly Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Unable to propery set brake pressure Jan 20, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How to get proper resolution? Jan 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface not every setup property has got a help description afais Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game not closing properly Jul 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel off center despite properly calibrated Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.6 Crash Loading Replays [audio system not initializing properly] Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Improper use of "&swap" causes server crash Feb 26, 2021
    General modding discussion HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY Feb 3, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Pit stop not happen even when everything set properly Jan 23, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer "teamName" property is always null in result files Nov 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [ SOLVED ] Logitech Gamepad F710 not working properly , recognized as wheel... Aug 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Proper setup of an arbitrary direct input controller as a wheel - when? Aug 4, 2020

3. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

no because its not f1 game

4. mibrandt

mibrandt Hardcore Simmer

Well it simulates both F1 cars and tracks (including DRS zones) so it mights as well simulate the rules as well. I hope it will be implemented some day :)

chakko and Jebus like this.
  5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Was racing in Formula Hybrid the other day in 2nd place and seeing the leader pop open his DRS on the straight and drive away from me even though I was in his slipstream and had my DRS open (I had burned up all my ERS). Now I know how Alonso feels :D

Anyway, to address the post directly, yes I'd like to see proper DRS rules implemented too, however not a deal breaker by any means. It's awesome that they actually managed to get 2 F1 cars as official content

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah proper DRS rules would be cool, for me also its not a deal braking however what I find odd and as far as I know the DRS zones are still wrongfully set and not fixed. I dont understand as its a simple fix & the data has been provided. I must admit I havnt checked it lately however I don't remember hearing or seeing any in the change logs.

Requests below made back in 1.7 or 1.8.. I cant remember now.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/drs-zone-alterations.35141/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/barcelona-drs-zone.35044/

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

What an excellent reasoning! We are lucky you're not part of the dev team.

Proper DRS rules would be really nice, but I don't think it's high on the to do list, if on the list at all.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

On a positive note they the magician's have managed to implement a nice P2P system so hopefully DRS will be given some love in the near future..

Jebus likes this.
  9. coret3x

coret3x Simracer