1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Proximity indicator with different colors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Quffy, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You know those red arrows showing the position of the cars that are near you? This thread is suggesting an improvement to that.

Problem: mono color (just red) arrow indicators causes you to not be aware of how close the opponent is, and how much space there is on the road. Often it misleads when in close battles, with single screens (without trackir, or dk2). There are times when you think he's close to you, but actually there's more than 1 car space between. Other times is closer. Quickly switching between look left/right/back is confusing-distracting.

Possible solution: Several color indicators depending how close opponents are to you. For example Green is safe distance between the cars, Yellow in the middle, and Red is just near you with a small gap.

[​IMG]
    Is just a rough idea. Then the arrows change color if the cars get closer or farther apart.
    kunos hire me for 3d modelling xD

Ideally an app like Helicorsa would make people more aware and drive safer when near opponent cars. But it also needs to be fps optimized, even if cutting down on graphics or cpu usage from the app.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

Racert46, Vel, Motorsheep and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Proximity Indicator incorrect placement with Triple Screen Dec 7, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Proximity indicators too far on the view edge Oct 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Proximity Indicator Sep 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Turn off red indicators (proximity) and MPH on! Jan 18, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How do I turn off the "proximity arrows"? Sep 13, 2018
    General modding discussion About sign proximity car Apr 6, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer Ping: "You're the issue" indicator Jun 4, 2023
    ACC User Interface Indicator that the lap is invalid Mar 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New indicators on osd Mar 6, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How to set warning indicators? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche Cup brake bias indicator Mar 28, 2022
    ACC Tools ACC brakepoint- indicator/trainer wanted, pls help Mar 20, 2022
    ACC User Interface Coloured leader track map indicator Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Upshift Sound Indicator [3rd party software] Dec 26, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars More visible indicators Oct 31, 2021

3. ZachRacer88

ZachRacer88 Racer

That is a great way of thinking, love the simple touch that can change everything. Maybe an experienced App creator can make this? Im not sure but love the concept!

4. dESK0

dESK0 Racer

Great idea. I use Helicorse and it's a nice app, but eats a lot of resources, needs optimization.

Motorsheep likes this.
  5. Erwin

Erwin Racer

I agree that the red arrows could be made more useful by making them distance dependent. I was about to post my suggestion somewhere but found this thread using search.

I thought of using opacity or color, but the following idea may be more easy:
    (1) the arrow starts as an outline for a car 'far' away, but fills up (2) when it get closer, until the arrow is fully filled (3) when you are about to collide. The advantage is that, apart from knowing the current distance, you could also easily determine the rate at which the other car is approaching you.
    arrows.png

Quffy likes this.
  6. SeeNoWeevil

SeeNoWeevil Gamer

I'd really like to see a much simplified option that just warns if a car covers any portion of your car's side. Maybe just a inch thick red bar down the covered side at the edge of the screen.