1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 ACC crashing after every race now.

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Silverstreak3000, Sep 21, 2020.

1. In the last week or so ACC has been crashing after every race and if not then it will crash during replay. Is there a fix for this or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall ACC on my ps4? And if I reinstall do I lose all of my progress?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro not updating ACC version. Jul 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to use the ACC Dedicated Server app for the PS5/PS4? Dec 14, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACC PS4 PS5 soon PC - 10tenths Racing Community - New Season Jul 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Using PS4VR on PS5 for ACC Mar 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Will ACC PS4 trophies transfere to PS5 when transfering save data? Feb 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Dec 29, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS4 competition server Dec 19, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions help me please !!! no keyboard key with my steering wheel in ACCC version PS4 Oct 20, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 + Mclaren GT3 v2 not working in ACC Jul 4, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ACC (PS4) crashes when saving first career Apr 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 60 FPS Finally On PS4 Pro At 1080p Apr 19, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC ps4 multiplayer problemi Feb 10, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions ACC on PS4 not recognizing G29 Jan 16, 2021

3. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

I experienced the same after Spa 4hrs Career mode but i went offline and no issues. I suspect that the crash may be related to the live stats system which uploads. It has shown to not be consistent in the past versions resulting in stats updated sometime later or not at all.

4. ST4

ST4 Rookie

Similar issue here. Crashed on me multiple times - sometimes during the race, and a couple of times after while waiting for the other cars to finish (single player race vs 19 AI) Very frustrating in what is otherwise a nice game experience. I was just starting to get comfortable with the tire model when it started behaving this way, which is a real pity.

Any other PS4 users who have experienced this? What solutions?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    WRC_MADMAX likes this.
  5. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

I had that experience after completing Spa 4hrs Career mode Assetto Corsa Competizione on ps4. Just today whilst on the last lap number 15 at Nurburgring 300km Assetto Corsa the game crash again but today it confirmed what i suspected was the issue. To go back a bit, i had to go off-line to complete the entire 4hrs at Spa as I've been suspecting the crash was related to the Console software. When it crashed today on AC the game exited to an error reporting page and i realised that already attached was a significant segment of the final lap up to the point of interruption. Both games have a hidden program meant for PC which uploads data apparently automatically. I've turned the feature that saves clips etc on ps4 to the shortest time frame to limit the issues on ACC because I'm thinking that it requires an advanced computing power which is not available. If after 90 plus minutes the game was able to automatically attach that clip on lap 15 then we must let kunos know and I've done it twice before and it will be done again the problem tho is after check the library that clip was not there.

Maverick_22 likes this.
  6. ST4

ST4 Rookie

I changed the clip record settings to just 1 minute, but it still crashed on lap 1 of Spa, just as I finished braking at the end of the Kemmel straight. So damn frustrating!

WRC_MADMAX likes this.
  7. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

Apparently there is some master controlled recording happening in the background because I've noted prior when completing races the replay running in the background featured the start and then switches to highlights of overtakes etc. Now trying to save a race or highlights lead to an error game freeze at some point whilst racing.

Maverick_22 likes this.
  8. Maverick_22

Maverick_22 Rookie

I encountered your same problem after the 4 h of Spa! After finishing the race, when the game was on the final ranking screen it crashed. Have you managed to solve?

WRC_MADMAX likes this.
  9. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

I had to complete it offline.

Maverick_22 likes this.
  10. Maverick_22

Maverick_22 Rookie

Oh So to solve it I have to play career mode but I have to be offline?

11. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

Just the 4hrs at Spa. I did not have any crashes with the 3hrs or 2hrs races.

Maverick_22 likes this.
  12. Maverick_22

Maverick_22 Rookie

Okay then I'll try to play offline and hope it doesn't crash again! I'll update you, thanks! It also happened to me with the first race in Holland ... always at the end after crossing the finish line!

13. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

The recent disconnect experienced last few days online seems to be mainly affecting EU servers. US servers generally work fine. Even checking Gportal during server breakdowns reveal maintenance message.

14. David Marris

David Marris Rookie

I am having the same problem. I just bought the game and can't progress further than the first race meeting. I have tried to play offline as suggested but makes no difference. I am now trying a reinstall but I doubt that will work. Is this a common problem is there a fix for it? Because this is making it impossible to play this game. Many thanks

WRC_MADMAX likes this.
  15. David Marris

David Marris Rookie

Has Asseto Corsa acknowledged this fault? If it is not going to be fixed I want a refund. Really not happy

16. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

Past two weeks have been horrible after the bug fix update. I've had several disconnect from league races and the admin also cancelled the remainder of the year due to the issues. I've also experienced several game crash incidents. What I've noticed prior to all game crash is the livery on the cars not loaded properly whilst in pits or pre race queue. All attempt at taking screen shots during this time is also not possible but once the game crash and I'm taken to the incident report screen there is a video clip attached automatically to my reports. I've identified this background feature as the root cause of the game crash being experienced and I've messaged this in the bug report forms on this forum. So far it seems I've been only able to do AOR races without issues. Today is the final GT4 league race at Hungaroring and tomorrow is the Evaluation race at Spa for the GT3 season. The issue may not be Kunos as Sony's recent update included background recording or monitoring of party chats and since that update I've noted the crash incidents which have gotten worse since Kunos bug fix update. I've also realized the stats are bugged as well reducing for no reason and this i tested racing against low rated AI without any incidents. The crashes are also occurring in Assetto Corsa as well.

David Marris likes this.
  17. David Marris

David Marris Rookie

Oh this is terrible. I can just about cope with the 30fps but with this aswell is a great shame. I hope it is sorted soon. Thanks for your help

18. C_Rod

C_Rod Rookie

Startet to begin after the new network update was installed...at least that is what I think...before that everything was working fine

19. David Marris

David Marris Rookie

Any rumors of fixes?

20. SeanZCT

SeanZCT Rookie

Same here for me. Thought it was PS5 issue but obviously not. Sony told me to factory reset my console and reinstall game and that didn't help either. Game crashes after almost every race. Can't get past the opening career driving events.....

21. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

Correct that's the same update the Sony software now records party chat in the background for monitoring purposes and that apparently conflicts with games that operate on high frame rates. I'm experiencing lags in Ghost recon wildlands when flying in planes and choppers as you would have to slow down in order for details on the map to render.