1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic PS4 Boost makes Assetto run at 60FPS

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by myimac, Feb 9, 2017.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

ZX636, Exup, Radfahrer and 1 other person like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Buy DLC for PS4 today Oct 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Breve domanda riguardo visuale ps4 Oct 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Jerky gameplay PS4 version Aug 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro not updating ACC version. Jul 27, 2023
    Console Lounge Assetto Corsa Ps4 league dc link May 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Mar 31, 2023
    Console Lounge Any ps4 leagues? Feb 1, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to use the ACC Dedicated Server app for the PS5/PS4? Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to enter the broadcasting mode in PS4? Oct 29, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Running AC Ultimate edition on PS4 Oct 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 24h Race Ps4 Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Would there be updates on PS4? Sep 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Migration from PS4 to PS5 (or PC) Jul 30, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACC PS4 PS5 soon PC - 10tenths Racing Community - New Season Jul 30, 2022

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

"Boost" is only available on the pro version of ps4 so I'll just pop out and buy a 4k telly (cos there's not any point in owning a pro without one) and trade in my perfectly decent ps4 for the pro version just so I can get the advertised 60 fps that all we peasants should be getting anyways. Great news indeed!. ;)

4. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

mrburns.jpg

paul_wev likes this.
  5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

new consoles should be able to deliver way more than that. devs really need to put that extra power to work with a proper patch.
    anyway, i just hope they dont give up on ps4/xb1 but, since i never heard anything more about framerate improvements, after the 1st patch, i'm afraid they did.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Snowman38 and ppbucko like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This thread is about the ability to boost non-patched games to 60 FPS. AC runs at steady 60 with PS Pr0 boost, which is great.
    This is the way it should be - if I buy a better PC it will automatically run higher FPS and so should a better console. Devs having to waste time on dedicated patches for hardware that is basically a PC sounds stupid...it's like combining the worst of two worlds - the user spending money for better performance and the dev studio spending money for the same reason.

7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think your all missing the point, if a game is sold for a console it should run properly at atvertised fps. So Xbox and PS4 should run at 60fps that's the main selling points of consoles you don't have to upgrade your hardware to play games, the games are made for the hardware.
    Also upgrading your hardware to PS4 pro won't get you the parts of the game were missing.

8. myimac

myimac Alien

Hello,

My glass is half empty

paul_wev and LeDude83 like this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol...if you think the point of this very thread is to repeat your lament once more than I apologize for missing it :-D

Damn you're annoying...

10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I get the point of the thread, I will be upgrading my Xbox to Scorpio when released.
    I'm just pointing out that games made for consoles should run on that console as advertised.

svenvangent and Traks1 like this.
  11. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

agree with you, at the end of the day xbox and ps are like PCs, but the boost mode only improves the framerate and loading times.
    With a proper patch, developers can achieve more: higher resolution, improved graphics (more AA/AF, better draw distance, better shadows and reflections etc.).
    These settings can be changed on PC, not on consoles. That's way some devs stepped in and released Pro patches.

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah...this I sort of understand. I suggested a long time ago to implement a simple switch that toggles between a set of demanding GFX settings (hotlapping) and non-demanding settings (MP racing etc.). Basically, give the console users some control depending on their preferences. With consoles turning into PCs with console disadvantages that seems to be a reasonable approach.

Still pretty neat that on the pro it runs at steady 60. And I don't think you could add more GFX candy while staying above 60 even on the Pro/Scorpio. After all, AC doesn't look bad on the consoles (yes, yes - I played it), it was just choppy at first and that should be fixed for all platforms. Much more, you shouldn't expect.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

This is good improvement on PS4 Pro for AC and many older games without a Pro patch in general, good to know what the console future looks like. It might be worth mentioning this is in the 4.50 beta system software update and that has only been rolled out to some so far, full release is later in the year. You may have already known but I thought it was worth mentioning before anyone rushes off to look for the Boost icon and wonders why it is missing.

Raises an interesting question about 2 tier gaming on consoles though. A debate that is already well underway on BF1 and other games where the enhanced framerate matter in online competitive play.

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

This is great news for PRO owners. IMO, this is quite dangerous. PS4 base users still suffer poor frame rate, and maybe the developers now could think "why improve the frame rate, buy the pro if you want to".

Well that is NOT what Im going to do. Kunos should improve a lot the frame rate in the rest ot the post launch development.

15. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

16. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

This is the reason Why I don't Support the Pro!

17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm on xbox but its good news for any one who has upgraded to ps4 pro, brilliant news boost mode holds 60fps according to eurogamer. Then I've just had a look at the spec difference between ps4 and ps4 pro with boost. The machines are in a different league from one another, and now I am releasing that xbox is never going to run it at 60fps. So this opens up another question why was it sold as 1080p and 60 fps when clearly this console cant do it. Why not 900p and 60fps, this happens quite a lot on xbox. frame rate is the most important thing on racing games.

18. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

That was the idea before launch:
    "Performance on Xbox One is a little bit lower, because it's less powerful," Massarutto explains. "But we hope to have a constant 60fps. It's full HD on PS4, 900 on Xbox One. Like any other game! We fought a lot to have full HD also on Xbox One, but there's no way for us to do it. Forza did a very good job - but they have dedicated libraries"
    Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-one-of-the-finest-handling-models-to-console

DatNoiseV12 and LeDude83 like this.
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I didn't release it was already 900p on xbox, omg that's depressed me even more. Forza looks brilliant runs 1080 and at 60fps, runs super smooth, online private lobbies are brilliant, do what you like for a nights clean racing with mates. All using wheels, but the physics model is real basic, no road feeling, basic ffb. I prefer to compare assetto with p cars and p cars runs a lot smoother frame wise than assetto and has more screen detail graphics wise. Both are using physics engines, though assetto has the better one. I just think that the game code is more optimized on p cars, it wasn't at the start but had at least 6 patches where the frame rate was improved in first 6 months.

Plato99 likes this.
  20. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

No, AC runs at 1080p on both consoles, but making it run at 900p on XB1 was their initial plan.

LeDude83 likes this.
  21. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Does this mean on a 4K TV @ 60fps that the races will end even more abruptly?

ppbucko likes this.