1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public beta" 1.0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. done
    done
    done
    done
    All done, no improvements.
    I get severe drops in 2 situations:
    - at Nurburgring, everytime a mega screen is about to be loaded
    - at Zolder, maybe for trees or for buildings, I can't tell.

To fix at least the first freezes, please allow the user to manually disable the parts of the track that aren't needed for driving/racing.
    Especially:
    - people
    - mega screens with video textures
    I guess they are separated models, it would be an easy fix in this case.

Right now my feeling is that I should buy new hardware just to have advertising and decorations shown, and honestly they are both not needed for driving/racing. I bought a driving simulation after all, what I expect is that it works for driving.

f.e.negroni likes this.
  2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

So I tested it again and this time IT WORKED!!!

I had set the initial page file size incorrectly. I set them both (initial and max) to 16276 as suggested by @Red Or Dead and it worked. no more freezes at PR. Didn't need to lower my video settings nor decrease the AI number.
    Hopefully this is the end of freezes for me. At least now you know for sure what causes it.
    Cheers

3. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Was your original page file setting left to automatic by windows, or did you always manually set it to some value?

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

It was previously set automatically by Windows

f.e.negroni likes this.
  5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I have been on this beta since it came out and no problems this weekend until this afternoon about an hour ago.. Was in the CP server, had put in a nice quali lap 2nd on the grid when it started to rain during quali, perfect I thought I'll go back to pits and wait for the race.

Once I was in the pits, after a minute or so I noticed the sound had gone funny, just a constant engine note and sure enough the game had frozen. Not a system crash, I could open other things but not switch to them, ACC kept stealing focus back. By this time the game window had gone back to just showing the ACC logo in the middle, no longer actually in the game. But I could not end the process as ACC stayed in front of task manager, only CTRL+ALT+DEL screen was in front of ACC. So had to sign out of Windows to close it.

Very annoying, of course I could not re-join the server. No time for another go today, the next time the CP race starts it will be too late, work tomorrow.

Back in Windows, went to zip the logs folder and noticed it took a long time... inside there is a log from yesterday that is nearly 800 MB!

upload_2019-6-9_19-48-44.png

So can't upload the whole folder, had to just include the most recent logs, see attached.
    Nothing new in the crash folder.

Let me know if you want the massive log file for whatever reason, surely it shouldn't do that?

After reading the thread a bit I checked my paging file size; system managed currently 2176 MB... that really is too small lol. Although I doubt it is involved here, I have now changed it to 16 GB just in case :)

Attached Files:

• AC2.zip
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  6. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone else have issues using "epic" shadows and post processing anything higher than "medium" since the v1.0.2 v2 update?

I used to have shadows on "epic" to kind of fix the "floating car look" and had post processing on "high" and ACC ran stable without any issues at 60FPS.
    Since the v1.0.2 v2 update ACC tanks into the low 40's at times and stays there (a race can start without issues and stable 60FPS and then mid race it will start stuttering and stays at low 40's).

When that happens I can pause ACC, set shadows to "high" and post processing to "medium" and everything runs butter smooth at stable 60 FPS.

The v1.0.2 beta gave me a really nice FPS boost whcih I spent on eye candy and it ran beautiful. v1.0.2 v2 runs more erratic in performance as described above :-(

Pheebau, R1-Limited and DD_Friar like this.
  7. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Yes. It does work. But not in every case. It did the trick for me when i couldn't complete a race without audio/video freeze completely. After setting 16gb page file this issue stopped but i got random crashes. This morning i lowered my GPU from stock 1632Mhz to 1602 with same UV and after many tests all seems ok. No problems with other games at 1632. Just ACC. Maybe UE4 is heavier on GPU. I don't play other games with this engine

8. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

ACC is absolutely MEGA heavy on GPU while the CPU usually lounges on an easy chair with cocktail in one hand and cigar in the other while occasionally half opening one eye to leisurely compute the few commands ending up its way.
    A mildly overclocked 1080Ti at 1800 is constantly at 99% load according to MSI AB while not a single CPU core is taxed at more than 55% at 4.7GHz fixed clock speed.

ACC definitely still has a long way to go in terms of optimizations.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I see. Well I'll just keep playing like this and see what happens. It looks like Kunos is still a long way to optimizing the game regardless of the engine. My hardware isn't top of the line but it isn't bad either and I don't want to keep messing with system files and stuff I don't understand to make it work (I don't even know what those changes you made to your GPU mean).
    If I'm having these issues I don't even want to know about people with lower hardware specs. They can't expect only people with top of the line rigs to be able to play the game.
    Hopefully they'll get there soon

10. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

Total game freeze again.
    I reset myself to pits during online qualification after a crash. When the car appeared in the pits, there was no sound for about 5 seconds and then the ACC process completely froze again.

1080ti 11GB,32GB RAM, Ryzen 2600,SSD
    Graphics: High present at 1440p@60Hz
    Replay settings: Low, 5min, no highlights

Attached Files:

11. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

If you are on stock settings don't worry about what i said. I have my GPU working on lower voltages then stock. Instead of setting the voltage back up to default values, i lowered the GPU frequency.

Edit: I only mentioned that for people with overcklocks/undervolts and game crashes to check their settings

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. Xr4eyes

Xr4eyes Rookie

If i run an o/c on my 1080ti the game will 100% cash within lap or 2. Running stock clock it rarely crashes

13. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

I'm having issues now when I try and stream live either with nivida it just crashes or obs I get a black screen anyone else having issues

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Incorrect... mine does crash occasionally early, but then I can get easy good hour and a half in where it runs fine...

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

i remember this, i was P3 in qualy. you had really nice pace ;) maybe you'll have better luck next time!

LeiF likes this.
  16. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

Are you running vsynic or capping your FPS?

17. Neilski

Neilski Alien

How are you determining the CPU loading? Your CPU has 6 HT cores, and threads will normally hop from core to core. This can make it look like your CPU is less busy than it is, if only a few threads are really demanding CPU time.

18. sairuscz

sairuscz Gamer

Having a 99% CPU utilization actually means that the game is well optimized for your particular CPU as it is not bottleneck. You are supposed to see 99% GPU utilization if you are not capping your FPS.
    It is recommended to limit your FPS by vsync or FPS limitter based on what is best suitable for your monitor.
    My 1080ti runs at around 50-70% utilization at 1440p@60FPS.
    Limiting your FPS will result in lower GPU temps, lower noise, lower power consumption, lower heat in your room and extra room for GPU boost when more performance is needed in heavy scenarios.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  19. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Gamer

I have noticed using 1.0.2 that when in the pits and other cars go past while in MP I don't hear the sound of their engines until they are very close. So the sound just pops in and then out again. Anyone else getting this?

20. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I FPS limit for this reason... why smash my GPU when my CV1 can only max out 90FPS? I limit it to 91

luxxx797 likes this.