1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Public Beta" 1.0.7 - Preview 2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Who's even suggested they step backwards?? it's a opinion on the new tyre model, and if I feel the need for now to turn off beta mode for now that's my choice.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

To all server admins (ie @MrGit@Twitch @Rolz @Darcy Callai Junior ) with high CPU loads:

1) Please always make 100% clear if you are talking about occupancy for empty servers or loaded ones (couldn't be more different)
    2) I'll attach two test versions, please let me know which one looks better/worse to you.

Attached Files:

Rolz likes this.
  3. Finally got around to trying out the beta; attacking curbs is huge fun now and ffb feels the same as it did the last time I drove. Good job Kunos!

4. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Empty server usage less than 1% on both, but soon as i join (both test exes) usage jumps to 28%.

5. Minolin

Excuse me if I repeat myself, but you are sure it wasn't like that before? I totally do not see what could have changed. In EA we actually made a different behaviour while the server is empty, so it wouldn't consume payed CPU during inactive phases, and only be as responsive as it needs to be to react to lobby pings.

However there's a few ways we can go, actually two very different ones, but that will take a few days.

chksix likes this.
  6. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Nope, behaviour has defiantly changed....would a 1.0.6 exe work to test, as in connecting to the backend and joining?

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just tested both builds you put up and the original 107 beta build that doesnt have the CPU load issue for me.

I get low cpu usage when servers are empty in all now but once I enter it goes up and has lots of errors in the logs. I have uploaded full logs here for both test builds and the original 107 beta build that works ok for us.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dill7ff9v1j0vha/Server_test_build_logs.rar/file

Code:
    2885: ==ERR: Step is late by 5.871400
    5310: ==ERR: Step is late by 10.450500
    42776: ==ERR: Step is late by 9.595300
    42810: ==ERR: Step is late by 29.402500
    42839: ==ERR: Step is late by 7.235500
    42897: ==ERR: Step is late by 11.981000
    42952: ==ERR: Step is late by 10.142400
    42985: ==ERR: Step is late by 10.962800
    43007: ==ERR: Step is late by 8.584600
    43019: ==ERR: Step is late by 7.088700
    43116: ==ERR: Step is late by 18.780300
    43134: ==ERR: Step is late by 12.946000
    43183: ==ERR: Step is late by 10.062500
    43270: ==ERR: Step is late by 27.360300

No such errors in the older server builds.

Rolz likes this.
  8. uros76

uros76 Rookie

Excelent work kunos! Keep it up.
    Love the redesigned tyre hud and TC feels better now on Ferrari.
    Even trackIR causes less screen flickering but still happens maybe few times per 10min.

rikirk likes this.
  9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Guys, could we get the option to turn off rating system in the upper right of HUD? In case one likes to drive without any sort of HUD.

bgil66, earlyapex and Gopher04 like this.
  10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config - hud.json
    "ratingWidgetVisible": 1,

set it to 0

rikirk, Whitestar, bgil66 and 3 others like this.
  11. Minolin

also, if you want to drive without any HUD - Shift+F2 two times gives you the "Blank" hud page

12. first of all I use google translation because my English and not great here is my problem, I use the oculus rift S and in the menu of the game (back view) when I press the key the view resets it is possible to to patch that at the next update? thanks for working since 1.0 looking forward to seeing 2019 contents

13. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Can this be mapped to a steering wheel button?

14. Si.

Si. Simracer

For those struggling with ffb, have you ensured your tyres have come up to temp. With the Lambo I’ve noticed I need to monitor the psi much more with 1.07, otherwise understeer is much more apparent.

Rolz likes this.
  15. uros76

uros76 Rookie

I have same feeling with Ferrari. First lap is more slippery than before, almost like ice until tyres get to working temps/press. Probably it's more realistic now?

16. uros76

uros76 Rookie

I don't remember seeing HUD on/off key F2 remaping in ACC. You could use aditional app like https://keysticks.net/download.aspx and adress controller button to F2 key.

Whitestar likes this.
  17. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

So this is more an issue with tyre grip than the FFB?

I still find the FFB not very communicative but that is not is going to be changed and different from how much grip tyres actually have right?

18. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Same on 49 Inch Ultrawide and I already reported this in beta1. Unfortunately not solved.

19. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Both accServer_1.0.7_public_beta_2_cpu_test1 and accServer_1.0.7_public_beta_2_cpu_test2 attached above exhibit the same problem (CPU usages instantly jumps and stays at the equivalent of 1 CPU core when a single player joins) as accServer_1.0.7_public_beta_2 and the published 'public beta 1.0.7' version.

The newest version which does not have the issue is accServer_1.0.7_preview2 so I've just reverted to using that on all the servers.

I removed the entry list, random weather, and all car liveries from one of the servers and the behaviour is the same with anything newer than accServer_1.0.7_preview2 CPU usage on any server jumps to 50% (the server is currently sized for 2 CPUs) when even a single client joins.

My experience appears to match up with @MrGit@Twitch

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For the first time in a long time the HUD went missing on a MP race and the VM. F2 solved the HUD however not the VM. After the race when the server cycled back to practice the VM reappeared. Some others are reporting the HUD issue here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...thing-goes-off-hud-in-race-multiplayer.55495/

I have since joined other servers and all looked to be ok.

My apologies I do not have a log file.