1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Puddles in wet special event

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave81983, Jan 11, 2019.

1. dave81983

dave81983 Rookie

Hi all,

I tried the 2 lap superpole special event last night at a wet Paul Ricard track.

What I noticed was that there are clearly areas of standing water which is communicated well through the force feedback, sound and the way the car reacts. However, at least to me, there is absolutely no graphical representation of these puddles on the track so you just have to learn where they are. The best example is the fast left hand corner before the back straight. There's a great big puddle, you just can't see it!

The wet track looks great but it appears to be uniformly wet. I dont see any dry line or puddles at all. I assume/hope that this functionality is coming?

Do you guys agree or am I just seeing it wrong. I'm running effects of ultra by the way.

Dave.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Light rain invisible puddles Dec 5, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wet weather light Dec 14, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wet Weather Dec 14, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars High gloss Wet tyres Oct 28, 2018
    ACC General Discussions SE - Wet Superpole, Nurburgring, Huracan Oct 17, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Suggestions on spray from wet track - windscreen and car mirros Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Devs please fix the AI in the Misano wet sprint race event. Oct 13, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Wet Quick race AI turns off TC and ABS, goes 3 secs faster. Oct 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room ACC vs AC2 in the wet comparison. Oct 12, 2018
    ACC Physics wet tires overheating even when driving very slow (superpole event) Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash fatal error - Misano wet race Oct 11, 2018
    ACC General Discussions ACC | Nurburgring Hot Lap in storm conditions + wet weather setup 2:19.737 Sep 27, 2018
    ACC General Discussions New Challenge : 30 minutes Hotstint Wet Tyres on Dry Track! Sep 18, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #96 - Wettbewerb Sep 17, 2018
    ACC Physics Alternate wet racing line Sep 15, 2018

3. Turk

Turk Alien

What are your graphical settings? I'm in VR and noticed that when I drop the post processing and effects down to mid I lose a lot of details. The puddles turn into lightened areas on the track if they're visible at all. Pretty much all the rain effects disappear.

Possibly an optimization issue. So we'll just have to wait and see.

4. I agree. I use mostly medium settings (I don't know if this matters), and there is no way to see where the big puddles are in Paul Ricard. There is one right in the braking zone before the penultimate corner that surprised me many times before I memorised its exact location.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

As it's related to a specific graphical setting it may be just that the medium puddles haven't been implemented properly yet.

That puddle on PR, I was playing ACC with almost epic settings at first and it would just about manage 45fps. So I got to see where the puddle was before I dropped the settings for better performance.

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yes I also have this problem with my graphic settings (afk so can’t check them currently).

I assumed it was related to the level of some setting or other but as I can’t get the settings much higher and still have acceptable FPS this kind of prevents any chance of competitive pace / racing in the rain. IRL even in the heaviest rain conditions I can see puddles / standing water far into in the distance that I might aquaplane on and be ready to adjust throttle accordingly well in advance of actually hitting the puddle.

Whereas currently for me in ACC the only thing to tell me of a puddle is after I have driven through it and either spun or lost time through heavy TC engagement.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

If you look really hard (I'm playing in VR it may be easier on a screen) there is like a yellow shine where the puddle should be. It's like the light reflecting off the puddle is there but the puddle isn't.

LeiF likes this.
  8. tobot

tobot Rookie

Yes! It's too difficult to see the puddle.