1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Puddles in wet special event

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave81983, Jan 11, 2019.

1. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Hi all,

I tried the 2 lap superpole special event last night at a wet Paul Ricard track.

What I noticed was that there are clearly areas of standing water which is communicated well through the force feedback, sound and the way the car reacts. However, at least to me, there is absolutely no graphical representation of these puddles on the track so you just have to learn where they are. The best example is the fast left hand corner before the back straight. There's a great big puddle, you just can't see it!

The wet track looks great but it appears to be uniformly wet. I dont see any dry line or puddles at all. I assume/hope that this functionality is coming?

Do you guys agree or am I just seeing it wrong. I'm running effects of ultra by the way.

Dave.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars strange looking puddles May 28, 2021
    ACC Physics Puddles Feel, but can't see visual location Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.0.4] AI doesn't avoid puddles, slowing themselves down Jun 15, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Difficult seeing damp roads and puddles.. Jun 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars What setting improves the look of puddles? Dec 5, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Can't seem to identify puddles Apr 11, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Cannot see puddles+ tyre skid marks in puddles Apr 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Track cuts on Wet tracks Aug 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Dry tires in wet conditions Jun 3, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics Indianapolis - potentially wrong tyres in wet Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting AI on wet conditions Sep 20, 2022
    ACC Physics Wet Tyres not affected by dry track Sep 10, 2022

3. Turk

Turk Alien

What are your graphical settings? I'm in VR and noticed that when I drop the post processing and effects down to mid I lose a lot of details. The puddles turn into lightened areas on the track if they're visible at all. Pretty much all the rain effects disappear.

Possibly an optimization issue. So we'll just have to wait and see.

4. I agree. I use mostly medium settings (I don't know if this matters), and there is no way to see where the big puddles are in Paul Ricard. There is one right in the braking zone before the penultimate corner that surprised me many times before I memorised its exact location.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

As it's related to a specific graphical setting it may be just that the medium puddles haven't been implemented properly yet.

That puddle on PR, I was playing ACC with almost epic settings at first and it would just about manage 45fps. So I got to see where the puddle was before I dropped the settings for better performance.

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yes I also have this problem with my graphic settings (afk so can’t check them currently).

I assumed it was related to the level of some setting or other but as I can’t get the settings much higher and still have acceptable FPS this kind of prevents any chance of competitive pace / racing in the rain. IRL even in the heaviest rain conditions I can see puddles / standing water far into in the distance that I might aquaplane on and be ready to adjust throttle accordingly well in advance of actually hitting the puddle.

Whereas currently for me in ACC the only thing to tell me of a puddle is after I have driven through it and either spun or lost time through heavy TC engagement.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

If you look really hard (I'm playing in VR it may be easier on a screen) there is like a yellow shine where the puddle should be. It's like the light reflecting off the puddle is there but the puddle isn't.

LeiF likes this.
  8. tobot

tobot Rookie

Yes! It's too difficult to see the puddle.