1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Qualify bug. Press the DAMN skip session.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by clos2727, Feb 2, 2017.

1. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

I not sure if many are aware about the skip session. Yesterday i went into a room with 20 min of qualification. Only to quit after waiting nearly 40 min (the race would not start). Because not a soul would skip session to begin the race. Ugh. Its bad enough to find a room thats full only to wait qualifying time and then some because of a bug that wont start the race.

Please fix this.
    But in the meantime, people if you see that the race isnt starting. Press start and select skip session. Everyone needs to do this otherwise room will get empty quickly due to players leaving because all we want to do is race. If you dont want to race. Then go to a trackday room.

Basquiat likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI Qualifying Fuel Load Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer qualifying ending too early in cp Jun 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Qualifying setup tips Apr 20, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible to set the Dedi where the Practice/Qualify timer starts even if no body joins Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT4 cars stuck in pitlane during qualifying [multiclass qualy is split] Feb 11, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres - Anyone have the realistic F1 1990's qualifyers? Dec 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Starting qualifying in a Quick Start multi player race? Dec 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Skipping qualify in championship causes AI times to disapear and players goes to last place Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiple Race and Qualifying Sessions no longer work after 1.5.6 Sep 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Qualifying Aug 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay If lap times are identical in qualifying which driver is given precedence? Jul 5, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI bug on Barcelona in qualifying Jul 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Server disconnect often during a race or qualifying Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can we get server filtering by race and qualifying length? Apr 24, 2020
    ACC Physics Qualify Setup Compared to Race Setup Apr 17, 2020

3. Horus

Horus Alien

It can be that the admin of the server put a massive wait time after the session finished. So maybe not a bug. :)

4. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

We dont have that option, you cant change any settings when jumping in a public room. Its a bug. No matter what room you jump in. The only way it starts automatically, is when everyone in the room completes one lap. Otherwise its a wait fest

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

on xbox all qualifying sessions are 15 mins, when that clock hits 0 and last cars on track finish there lap race starts. The only time qualifying lasts longer is if someone requests reset session and everyone in room votes. I've never had it that race doesn't start.
    The only bugs we get are the no gear selection in pits, you have to quit then rejoin. The bug where if some times the perfect entry into room as race is about to start, they just drive off the grid and into the distance while the rest of us are waiting for the last red light. Another bug if they join at end of qualifying and haven't set a lap time they start on pole.
    Back to your original question I think it must be a ps4 bug, report it to 505 and see what they say.
    To be honest the whole multiplayer experance just needs scrapping off and starting again, theres that much wrong with it, its just unbelievable they thought it was ok.

clos2727 likes this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

Ah! I get you. Well not long to wait and you will have an options us PC users don't have. Good luck. :)

p.s. I missed the PS4 header, in my first reply. ;)

clos2727 likes this.
  7. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

We on ps4 get that bug too. where if the race starts the countdown and anyone jumps in during that time they are not locked in their grid. And can drive through the rest of the grid and down the track way before the counter starts the race. Yesterdays case no body was hitting or suggesting restart session. Qualify session never restarted. It just frustrating. Their was at least 15 driver on nords sprint endurance. Got guy clowning around Instead of completing one lap.

Horus likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's an annoying bug, you could get the idiots doing it on purpose for a laugh. Join server and sit in pits. Put a ticket into 505. The vote system is annoying as well, it ought to work if the majority of lobby votes yes, not everyone has to.

9. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

Several times I joined a qualifying session last night, Nurburgring Nordschleife and I had to leave because the race does not start and people don't vote to skip! I also noticed when browsing lobbies some servers had really long qualifying times, going into thousands of minutes. on a different note, when I did get into the race it was brilliant and the people who were racing were clean racers, unlike other titles where public lobbies are like destruction derby!

clos2727 likes this.
  10. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

When you see a room with the qualify time as you describe, it means the the qualification time has expired. And race has not begun. Its 50/50 if you jump in that it will start race or stay stuck in endless qualify bug.
    I honestly have to say of all the sims i have raced in. asseto has to have the most race etiquette and cleanest drivers of all. Sure i come across some cheaters who cut. Tracks and just have no respect for other driver. But in the most part clean racer are the norm, rather than the other way around. And the good racers usually do the right thing and kick these driver out
    My theory behind why this is, may be because asseto is a true sim. And technique, and patients is key. So casual racers who enjoy NFS, DRIVECLUB, and in some cases, GT Series. Find it to difficult for them to compete. And feel like to enjoy a race they need to come first all the time.
    The difference between us and them is,
    They see it as a game, where we see it as a sim.
    My wife says "are you playing tonight" i so "no i am racing tonight"
    I am really proud being a part of the PS4 AC sim racing community. And continuing to do the right thing. To get rid of the stigma console sim racing gets. Sure its not perfect, but still a huge leap in how sim racing has been on consoles.

DAVEY-D likes this.
  11. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

Agreed! I am really pleased that we can race a proper sim on consoles, as I cannot afford to spend thousands of pounds on a PC only to have to upgrade it in 18 months, With DiRT rally, Pcars & AC all on consoles the tide is changing. I just hope these Titles do well, as it seems that GT Sport is striking a balance between sim & arcade. I don't want arcade, spent 30 years playing arcade racers, long live simulation on consoles!

clos2727 likes this.
  12. clos2727

clos2727 Gamer

I use to be a big fan of GT series. If striking a balance tween arcade and sim is what their going for, Then sadly Polyphony has lost me as a fan. I dont care how pretty the game looks. To me the most important aspect is the physics. And if thats the case then why all these years between titles. that only looks nice,But drives and feels like ****. With the budget and time they have GT series should be the pinacle of what sim racing should be.
    But as long as they cater to whiny babies that cry and moan about physics being to real and what not. Then they will always be mediocre at best. Sim racing has grown exponentially in the past few years. And real sim racers seriously out way those that are not. At this point The name is the success. But if they up keep with their stubborn ways of doing things and repetitive development. They wont be for long.

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

add it to the new bug list.