1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Question about time attack mode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

is it true that you have to go slower in order to get more points and get up to 10 laps in time attack ? thats what i found online , will test it tomorrow (don't have time today) but if this is the case then whats the point of time attack ?
    iam trying to get the achievement "10 laps at time attack" but timer always runs out on lap 7 or 6 .
    iam driving with the formula abarth at vallelunga with low fuel , rear wing at2 , can run probably with no wing , its glued to the track and adjusted ride height, brake bias, diff and soft tires. getting 1:33 every lap. i can probably get to 1:32 but didnt test the setup so much.

a quote from the steam discussion that was opened in 2014:

"The slow start method is working. I just got a gold with formula abarth."

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizone Logo Use Question Oct 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 3 questions Oct 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    Sounds modding QUESTION FOR HORN ABOUT FMOD SOFTWARE Nov 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TS-XW Steer Lock question Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting two questions in one Sep 16, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    General modding discussion (question)how to stop a car from setting stance from data Aug 14, 2022
    ACC Physics Lambo Evo Front Suspension Question Jul 19, 2022

3. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Yeah it's a bit weird but if you drive slow enough on the first lap to just beat the initial timers and slowly increase your pace you can do like 20 laps in time attack. I think the idea is you are not supposed to know the track at all so you would usually go very slow on the first few laps.

ShimonART likes this.
  4. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

What about setup , should I drive with stock setup ?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

5. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Should be able to do it with stock setup.

6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

did only first 3 tiers .. but even without intentionaly going slow you can get points needed for gold medal within 3-5 laps where you just normaly drive, trying to go fast .... sure going super slow in first lap and than beating your sector times without issues is the way how to "cheat" system ..
    Even when I crashed and get a lot of negative points in few laps you get what you need to pass

Whole concept of those Time attacks is weird and could do some rethinking IMHO (well whole career would profit from little refreshment)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  7. LilSki

LilSki Alien

The idea is to get better and improve your lap time. But if it is a track you already know very well it is impossible to improve enough each lap to keep the timer going. So you have to drive a slower pace at the start.

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Trying to beat your fastest lap on the 2nd lap will be a challenge , that's what I was doing.) I really think that time attack is meant for new players and not for players with 270+hours. Which is too bad because now you have to cheat on all time attack modes if you want to get those achievements.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I get the idea .. but as you said .. you driving slower (intentionaly) at the begining makes it not work and not fun or usfull challenge anymore .. as a gamemode it is not working well ..

I just naturaly have slower pace in first lap (even when not holding back), specialy if it is my first lap in AC after other sim and I have to get used to FFB .. could be only few tenths, but that is enough .. it seems it gives me points even when I`ll have positive delta on sector marker .. so I don`t know .. I`ll just do 3-4 laps, ALT+F4 and see that I have gold ..
    Perhaps if it is based on corner performance .. I think most of us have corners where we feel like loosing time and can improve there ..

I mean should it be aiming for new players? most players had over 50 hours, some over 1000, when career was introduced .. now I use career as motivation to invest some time in AC and I quite enjoy it, I think it fits AC better than 'serious' full on championships. It also makes me try cars I never really tried or I haven`t driven in 1 - 3 years ..

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    ShimonART likes this.
  10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Ya that's what I am doing right now , I always played online but now I try all the challenges and it's really fun , I even learned how to drift :)

11. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

ok so i tried again and i got the gold achievement and 10 laps time attack achievement.
    i was cruising with about 15% to 50% throttle and just braking and driving at like 60 kmh before checkpoints until lap 9 , then i used about 75% throttle and final lap i went all in with a 1:33.1