1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Question for the devs concerning ffb differences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Cool. That is a good workaround.

I still think it should be made available as a menu option. But I guess there's some merit in having it adjustable in real-time to dial it in while actually driving so you dont have to keep going back to a menu.

At the very least, it should be something more 'advertised' somewhere, so people know about it. Reminds me a bit of the mirror. Took me way too long to discover that F11 brings up a fixed rear mirror, which is an absolute necessity while racing. This shouldn't be hidden.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah I agree. There should be a list of commands in loading screen or something, like f11 for mirror, ctrl+t for tc steps and ctrl+a for abs steps, but thats another thread.

3. Setting FFB levels per car is already an app; how much more integrated into the game can it get than that?

f1webberfan likes this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life, easily the biggest detractor from pCars.

ears1991 likes this.
  5. neel

neel Racer

Yes, your were talking about it on previous page. You were also mentionning it would handle presets (i.e. be able to switch between different LUTs from within the session I guess ?).
    So I understand from your answer it's still on your roadmap and will come with a later patch ?

Although thanks kofotsjanne for the link, I wasn't aware of Akis' 3rd party tool to create LUT from wheelcheck.

That's all nice stuff we have there, thank you Stefano, Akis and everyone else involved.

On last thing, I've read about Gyro in the other thread. Is this 3rd party or built-in feature ? (coming back from a few months break, still catching up with what the last patchs brought in the game. Btw I've seen some results of the MP collisions changes, looks promising too !).

Oh I forgot, is there a explanation somewhere for the force feedback controller app ? Tried it a few hours agos with good results going from 85 default value to 120. Completely fixed a huge imbalance I had between short effects (bumps) and sustained forces (side load, which were completely inexistant and hidden behind short effects). How does it exactly work inside ? Sounds like it acted like a signal compressor but only for sustained effects, as it leveled it with short effects which remained more or less the same).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. I think it might end up cool, but no way essential... so, don't really know if I'll have time to get it done.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The +/- thing has actually been decided by the community due to the unbeatable advantage of being able to change it on the fly with immediate effect. It's the easiest and best approach imo. IIRW it was decided to NOT put it in the setup screen because the devs wanted this clean of peripheral adaption stuff, only proper garage stuff.

I agree that the keyboard shortcuts need to be accessible, preferrably from options menu. I was pretty frustrated when first racing the Yellowbird until someone told me to hit "0" ;-) Then there's the driving aids, mirror, damage indicator, driver names and the silly race position overlay that can be toggled via shortcuts.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. Force feedback anti-clipping tool - v4.1

It will now automatically adjust your FFB level per Car/Track combo and save it.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...lipping-tool-v4-1-experimental-vr-mode.14165/

kofotsjanne likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. neel

neel Racer

I liked the presets selector idea for the ffb LUT system. If the switch can be realtime (while driving, like for ffb app) it would help comparing LUTs (linearized only, vs lin+some gamma reintroduced, or any other manual modification of the curve after linearization). Not essential but direct comparison like this (instant switch) makes it much efficient to spot differences.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

People, there is app for FFB gain adjustment that you can put on the screen. It's been there since 1.4.

12. neel

neel Racer

Are you talking about the ffb controller app andrew ? This would be only ffb gain ? This app let you set a value of 500 and even more (I stopped at 500 when checking for max possible value^^)

13. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Cheers, I didn't realize the FFB app was a per-car thing that got saved. Just thought it was some master level thing.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.