1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Question regarding body roll in cockpit view

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Digger, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Digger

Digger Rookie

Newbie question, when I use the default (first cockpit view) I see no body roll in the corners. If I press F1 twice more to get to what I would call the third cockpit view I get all kinds (Actually too much for me) body roll. Is there a way to adjust the amount of body roll seen in the cockpit views? My first quests is that it would be dependent on car setup but then why would I see different amounts just based on which view I am using?

I played with the "Movement" setting but that didn't help. What am I missing or doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Question Regarding PC Rating Aug 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Questions Regarding Final Game Dec 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding the end of Timed Races Jun 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding BoP May 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding broadcasting server message on AC Server manager Mar 27, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Question regarding Veryfing Integrity of Game Cache Oct 18, 2016
    General modding discussion Question regarding DOF May 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding engine "damage" Dec 30, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Question regarding connecting to a mp server Oct 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Question regarding exterior sounds. Aug 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room I have a simple couple of questions regarding multiplayer rules. Jul 7, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server question for the dev's regarding pick up mode Dec 22, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Question regarding wheel speed Dec 21, 2014
    Liveries Questions to kunos regarding official skins Nov 23, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Question regarding gui apps displaying on a different computer/laptop Nov 11, 2014

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What is your Lock to Horizon set on?

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Height: Shifts the driver view up or down
    Lateral: Shifts the driver view left or right
    Distance: Shifts the driver view in or out
    FOV: Field of View. Google for more in depth mathematical info.
    Pitch: Tilts the drivers neck/pitch up or down.
    Driver & Wheel: Cockpit view. Both = movable wheel & hands, Wheel = moveable wheel only, Locked = static wheel only, Hidden = no wheel or hands.
    Lock to Horizon: How locked the camera is to the horizon. A higher % lock the camera will see more vehicle chassis movement. A less % will make the camera move more in sync with the pitch & roll of the chassis.
    Movement: How much movement depending on G-Force movement ie. braking, accelerating.
    Dashcam Factor: How much movement depending on G-Force for the cockpit dashcam view.
    Look With Wheel (LWW): How much camera rotation occurs to apex depending on your steering angle. Higher % = greater rotation.
    LLW Gamma: How linear the rotation is with your steering angle. I presume 50% = 1:1.
    LLW Smooth: How smooth the camera rotation is. Higher % = more smoothness.
    Projection Correction: I am not 100% sure however I believe it has something to do with triple screen setups. Triples are not fully supported by UE4 therefore I believe this is a work around to help the side monitor distortion. I could be way off though.

warth0g and EsxPaul like this.
  5. Sentry87

Sentry87 Gamer

That's the driver's head moving in helmet cam, not body roll from the car.

Lord Kunos and Coanda like this.
  6. Digger

Digger Rookie

Thanks guys. I have my Lock to Horizon set to 0 which I think was default. From you description it sounds like I need to increase that to see more body roll. I stand corrected though, it is head movement and not body roll which makes sense. I will play with the Horizon lock to see if I can get it set to where I like it.

Really loving this sim and every little setting I can customize to my liking makes it even better. Thanks again for your help.

Chriss and Coanda like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yes the more you lock it the more you will see the chassis movement in cockpit view # 1. I like it at 80%. Each to their own though...