1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Quick change options between VR, Triple and desktop

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Taylan Benker, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Hi all,

Currently i am upgrading my rig with triple screen (3x 2K 32" requires DP or HDMI). At the same time I have Vive pro (requires strictly DP) and a 4K 41" Desktop (requires DP or HDMI) .Unfortunately i can not offered to have a sim dedicated PC and My EVGA RTX 3080 only have 3 DP and one HDMI outputs.

As my room is rather small and the PC' back panel is in a hard to reach spot Changing cables will be quite a choir. I am not sure what is available in our market but I saw some DP splitters, Male /Female extension cables as option on Youtube.

Note: I will prefer to save one DP out for desktop/VR. will 2DP + 1 HDMI negatively effect the outcome?

What do you prefer for such quick set up changes?

Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster quick change Nov 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Why were the Ai skins changed for IGTC quick races/CRW's? May 10, 2020
    ACC User Interface Setup Bug, PSI wrong after tire change in quick race Apr 28, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec new "Exchangeable Quick Release" system Nov 24, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Quick race mode requires user to change amount of AI cars to start race Jul 3, 2016
    General modding discussion Dk2 graphics change between practice and quick race Apr 7, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G25/g27 how to quick change wheel rotation Dec 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Quick Race starting grid Sep 22, 2023
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Quick temperature question. Oct 9, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Quick Q about VR settings if switching back to pancake monitor... Aug 25, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Got update but quick question. Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 2020 Season Quick Race Max 23 AI [selecting Sprint entry will populate Sprint cup field] Jan 9, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Tracks in quickjoin public multiplayer Jan 8, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Starting qualifying in a Quick Start multi player race? Dec 3, 2020

3. 87 views but not yet anyone chimed in. I guess not many have similar problem. No Problem. Here is my update for future reference to anyone who may need it.

Based on internet there are several (1>2, 1>3, 1>4, 1>8) switch boxes for Display port. These boxes seems like not only work as a A/B Switch or Splitter but also allow to build Wall of Displays. PC recognizes all monitors at ones and with NVidia Surround you can easily configure. Unfortunately non of these are available in our market due to international sale restrictions after COVID 19. There was only one option 1>2 and that was extremely expensive (EUR 700 or so). I may get one Chines clone once the pandemic ends.

Although there are many HDMI>DP DP>HDMI and miniDP>DP cables available, a female to male cable was not in the market. Only option i found was a a small box with two female slots. So i had to go with this one. In order to avoid reconfiguring display settings in windows every time, ı plugged different configurations to 3 different power hubs with on/off switches. Win 10 automatically selects the the configuration that is powered on. (YES even if all are on win can can configure them as Triple, 4K and VR but try to output display to all. 3x 2K or Vive Pro are already taxing for GPU just by themselves) So final inputs look like this.

POWER1
    4K Desktop ----> HDMI

POWER2
    (Along with all wheel and accessories)

2K -----------> DP1
    2K2-------> DP2
    2K3 -------> F/F box-<---short DP Cable-----> DP3 *

POWER3
    VR -------> F/F box-<---short DP Cable-----> DP3 *
    * Whenever I want to to use VR I will pull out the 2K3 cable from the box and insert VR's cable. The box is imbedded to side of desk for easy access.

This option is suboptimal as plugs will ware quickly and not quick as switch boxes. I will buy one once cheaper options are available.

Thanks