1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Race start - always overtaking too many cars before the 1st corner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Davemester, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Hey!

Do you find that if you race against the AI, from last position you can take over half of the grid before the first corner (or generally form any position a good 4-6 car). The AI usually lines up in two rows, and emergency brake like crazy, if they see another car in front of them braking, and you just have to pass evereyone. (A good example would be Nurnburgring, where from 12 you can jumpt to 3rd or even better speeding near the inner wall).

Why is that? It shouldnt be realted to AI level as these are straights, so they should have the same speed (same class races). The lower AI should be less agreessive, or slower in corners but it just unrealistic how every start ends up.

What do you think?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant start a solo race. Mar 2, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Quick Race starting grid Sep 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes After Starting Any Race For Months Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI start wet races on dry tires then pit after 1st lap Apr 28, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't start Race with Mods due to Runtime Error Jan 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer CP Race Failing to Start Aug 29, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck looking at car on race start Aug 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface Quick race menu: starting pos. not applied in between series (while opp. number does) Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay BUG on latest version on PC , such as the position at start of the race May 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to leave garage to start race or even practice May 2, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Race won't start, returns to menu Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze while trying to start/run a race (in single player mode) [Sidewinder FFB frequency] Apr 3, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC race's wont start it freezes Mar 16, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Race won't start Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Regular Disconnects between Quali and race start Jan 25, 2022

3. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Play online.

4. frodesa

frodesa Gamer

This is how AI behaves in all racing game / sims I have played as far as I can remember. I guess it is hard to program AI so that it doesnt behave that way.

Tomcul likes this.
  5. Louizf

Louizf Racer

I wait until the 2nd corner to start attacking.
    Give them a bit of fair play.:p

6. ....and watch everyone else do the same to you! ;)

CamsX, martcerv, Vibe Style and 6 others like this.
  7. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

You can always add some aggression to the ai-hints.ini file yourself ;)

The damned AI out-brake me into the first corner on the track I'm currently working on! :mad:

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and mantasisg 2 like this.
  8. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Wow thanks :) , I check these options, I did not know about them.

Thanks man, you are a real treasure. I would love to keep you in an airless box.

9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I agree, even in RF2, AMS, R3E with rolling start enabled the AI pile up pretty bad at T1 and I could just pass a whole bunch of them. I could even pass prototypes easily with GT cars in this way.
    The only racing game that I have played recently that doesn't have this AI issue at all and is fun at the same time is Mario Kart 8. Great game.

Nekrobob likes this.
  10. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

I've not noticed this issue in Grand Prix Legends, GP2 or even RF2. AC does seem to be quite a bad example of this. I hope it gets fixed as everything else in improving the AI is going in the right direction.

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, that's what I do, I enjoy "racing", once the pac is broken up, they "race " pretty well.

I would imagine that if AI was capable of racing up to and including the 1st corner, the overhead would be be pretty big.
    Would rather have my computers resources used in other ways, after the 1st corner

LATE4APEX

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Were does one find the ai-hints.ini file ?

Or is that only used in mods ?

Thanks, LATE4APEX

13. Fat-Alfie

Data folder in the track's folder. Only some KS tracks have them, but it's easy enough to write your own, to encourage the AI drivers to brake later :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I always start near the back of the pack, and as a few others said above, I just maintain position until we're all through T1. Then it's on!

Ace Pumpkin and Fat-Alfie like this.
  15. Davemester

Davemester Racer

This may be true. But really, that wasn't the question. You are right though, I will stick to gimps, trolls like you stink.

To everyone else, thank you!

R3V3NG3 BR, Jadonyx, insomnia and 3 others like this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

17. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Please Dave save your cutting comments for the playground.

18. Fat-Alfie

Four abreast??!! Lmao!! :D

If only F1 was that close :rolleyes:

Mogster likes this.
  19. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Same here, give them about a half lap to get sorted and then start attacking. When you do that the racing can actually be quite fun. Kinda sucks to have to do that, but it's an easy workaround with good rewards.

20. Jebus

Jebus Alien

STFU already! You started this bull**** with your offtopic crap.

Davemester likes this.
  21. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah that's what I do too. Would be nice to get the AI improved though.