1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Race track builder - steam greenlight voting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by t00thPIK, May 30, 2015.

1. t00thPIK

t00thPIK Rookie

Hi people, this chap is making a very detailed race track builder. The aim is to have many tools at your disposal to customise the terrain and track surface, clamber, shape in any way you please. There's also talk of using Google Maps data for creating real terrain layouts for you to use in your creations. Sounds pretty awesome to me!
    Please head to the Steam Greenlight page for Race Track Builder and give it a thumbs up! Let's get it out into the racing community!
    Cheers :)

LINK TO GREENLIGHT PAGE:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=447605480

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    General modding discussion CREATED old race track in south in Duppigheim ( france ) Feb 18, 2023
    General modding discussion Blender to AC convertion (Megara Race Track!) Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze for several seconds in race. Subsequent crash (in the track) Apr 28, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Track limit warnings in wet races Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Bathurst 12 hr charity race for SPINAL TRACK - hosted by RWB International Nov 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP race says no track medals when there are Jun 11, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Silverstone track bug - Not counting a lap during a race May 3, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds HELP - Either race parameters are wrong, or track might be broken, containing no starting positions. Mar 31, 2021
    ACC Audio Spa pit lane - no sound leaking from the race track Dec 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tracks need to atleast blacken in alittle during longer races. Oct 20, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Night Races - Why european tracks have no lighting? Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Lack of ICGT tracks for US CP races Apr 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Why CP races have different tracks in EU versus NA ? Apr 1, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Raced Lemans on Season mode. I was new on the track but opponents pit so bad I won anyway Mar 9, 2020

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Even without Steam, Piddy will do pretty well with whatever he creates.

BTB was quite awesome in its day :)

t00thPIK likes this.
  4. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

One billion times yes. This looks awesome. Do want.

t00thPIK likes this.
  5. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Big thumbs up from me

t00thPIK likes this.
  6. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Trackbuilding for noobs, great!

7. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

Better than idiotic comments. Someone is making Life easier for Track Builder after 10 years and so, and a ***** comes and has nothing better to do than insulting the work.

8. t00thPIK

t00thPIK Rookie

I'm not sure he was being an arse. I mean, I am a noob at 3D related stuff, so the comment literally applies to me and I didn't find it offending at all :)
    Is that how you intended the comment Jos_theboss? Or we're you actually being an a-hole? :p

9. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

Now that i read your comment it could be true. Hard to tell if it was self sarcasm or meant like its written. :)

t00thPIK likes this.
  10. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

I meant that it looks noob friendly, which is a positive thing ofcourse.

snyperal and t00thPIK like this.
  11. t00thPIK

t00thPIK Rookie

That's how I thought you meant it, Josso the Bosso :)

12. zamex23

zamex23 Simracer

I hoped for price around 30€...it's too much right now for me.

13. t00thPIK

t00thPIK Rookie

Yeah I'm really happy that this got greenlit, but $60 US is over $80 for us Aussies; bit steep for this amateur. I'm sure very skilled track builders will be happy to pay for this powerful program, though. It really does look great.

14. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

It won't get any better either with the government putting GST on online purchases.

15. t00thPIK

t00thPIK Rookie

Damn I didn't realise they were doing that. Greedy buggers.

16. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Maybe would have been nice if he did a slight discount for people with BTB licenses, as a kind of loyalty bonus.

Might have to park this for a while, as £45 is a bit much for me to spend on something I`m not sure I would use much right now.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

Being on steam I'd assume it will go on sale at some point. Unless sales only apply to games and not software like this.

It's something like €60 here on eurosteam, to be fair, it's a good price for what it is. I'm currently in the market for a new CAD package at work and to get something that's easy to use costs big money, it looks like I'm going to have to spend somewhere in the region of €3000 and that's the budget option.

I watched the long video below on youtube and it really is a purpose built bit of software that seems to have thought of everything when it comes to making tracks specifically.

For the ease of use and features that it has €60 is nothing. It's one of the best value for money "CAD" programs I've seen since google sketch.

If you want to make tracks it looks like it will speed up the process no end.

TwoHardCore likes this.
  18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

how many meters is the standard track wide? I have no idea how to measure stuff in this program

19. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

geez another RTB thread. we have 3 on the go now.

@TCLF the program is incomplete. no grid formatting. or size adjustment parameters to any cross sections.