1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Race weekend tyre sets management, pitstop strategy and fuel load testing

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jun 3, 2019.

1. wozza-m

wozza-m Rookie

Have you tried setting a pit stop strategy in the setup menu before the race?

I have never had a problem with tyre changes doing it this way. However, you do need to change the driver swap, but you should have enough time when coasting down the pit lane. This is in SP... it maybe different for MP sessions.

buellersdayoff likes this.
  2. Thanks all, I'll go practice pit stops

3. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Can't you set your pit stop strategy before the race starts?

4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yes, but the issues is default is no tire change and full repair on everything when u start race.

I always set my preference prior to lights going green on mdf screen... but really should be other way round...
    tire change, yes... repairs no.

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For new comers reading this... If you have any repairs checked whilst serving a stop and go penalty it will not clear.

buellersdayoff, Rolz and kro like this.
  6. This was my issue
    This is the real issue with the sim, among other things

7. wozza-m

wozza-m Rookie

Try setting the tyres in the Fuel and Strategy tab in the Setup menu before entering the race, not through the mdf before the lights go green. This way the tyre change should be ticked. Just make sure you set the pit stop count to one... sometimes it appears to default to 30.

Not a lot you can do about the repairs, other than change them via the mdf.

This usually works for me.

8. I do prepare a pit strategy pre race however the checkbox is still off by default. In SP/offline I tried a practice pit stop, I set a pit strategy and saved it to my car set-up, entered pits and tyre box was checked, only had to manually change driver swap. So single player it works. Haven't try this in MP/online yet, maybe it works if the pit strategy is saved to the car set-up, can't test it out for a few days.

9. wozza-m

wozza-m Rookie

Yeah, I usually make all of the setup changes needed and then save the settings before I enter an SP race. I don’t usually race MP/Online, so I cannot help here... hopefully it is the same.

10. christophe91

christophe91 Rookie

Bonjour je suis actuellement sur Spa et qui dit Spa dit pluie. Comme indiqué dans le premier message, les pneus sont illimités pour les courses de 24 heures. Mais comme je change et que je mets de nouveaux pneus pluie, la boîte est grisée, je n'ai pas le choix.

https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/18/0wpm.png

11. When a SP race has more than one qualy, the AI uses the same tyres for all the qualys or a new set for every event? I know they have fuel for all sessions, but I don't know about the tyres... (limited sets)

12. AndreLS

AndreLS Rookie

@Aristotelis

Sorry to summonate you, but Is there a way to refresh tyre set after race weekend is over?
    We restrict to 2 tyre sets in our sessions. Always that race (sunday) is over and we returns to practice session (friday or saturday) used tyre sets still worn.

Only after disconnect and reconnect to server the tyre sets are refresh

Tks

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  13. AndreLS

AndreLS Rookie

deleted

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  14. nyam

nyam Rookie

There is something i don't understand, for example: i'm running a full sprint race weekend wich consist in:
    - first practice 15 minutes (nº1 tyre set) left 4 new tyres set
    - second practice 15 minutes (nº1 tyre set again) left 4 new tyres set
    - First Qualy ( nº2 tyre set) left 3 new tyres set
    - Second Qualy (nº3 tyre set) left 2 new tyre set
    And now the question:
    - First race (nº4 tyre set) In middle race i have to change the tyres. I want to put nº 5 but in the MFD there is a circle next to tyre set number. For the tyres 1,2,3 and 4 it's an empty circle, but for the nº 5 it's a full white circle. What is the meaning of this? I thought the empty circle was new tires and the full circle used. It is not like this?
    - I have'nt start the second race but I supose that i will have to use nº4 and 5 tyre set again.
    Basically the question is the meaning and use of he circle in the MFD. Thanks!!

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Black circle means used tires, white means unused.

16. nyam

nyam Rookie

wow! totally the opposite of what I thought. i am a smart boy:rolleyes:. Thanks Oblit0r!!

Oblit0r likes this.
  17. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

Is there a way to "save" the MFD pressure settings after changing them in-race? Once I change tyre pressures, switch to another pit strategy and go back they reset back to settings as set pre-race.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

no, wishlist #427

19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Unfortunately not and it would help a lot. Changing compounds or not knowing your start pressures as one quickly changed them prior to race start in variable conditions can cause some strategy issues as trying to work it all out whilst driving at tracks like Zolder which is not very easy. It's virtually impossible not to mess it up or cause a distraction.

A couple of MFD threads however most of the suggestions never fruited..

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...fd-and-strategy-menu-not-user-friendly.60964/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/mfd-suggestions.62451/

I have a few suggestions, here are the main ones:-

MFD

Strategy < -/+ > : ("0" or "S" or "Start") (This would show the race start tyre pressures set in the tyre UI of the car setup in case you have not setup a strategy for that weather condition or the weather keeps moving around)

Strategy < -/+ > : ("-1" or "L" or "Last") (This would show all tyre pressures set in the last pit stop)

Logic: When changing the tyre compound from DRY to WET for a set strategy, do not reset the tyre pressures to a very low to the default wet weather settings. Because of this you loose the corner variance pressures that you have setup on your custom dry setup. Lets say I had 26.5 | 27.2 / 26.3 | 27.0 set for my dry strategy and then I change the compound to WET and now I get something like 23.5 | 23.6 / 23.2 | 23.4. I have now lost the difference of pressure variance between right and left and front and rear corners and these new pressures do not suit the current ambient temperature. This is a real pain when race conditions are on the border line of DRY and WET tyres.

UI

[ PSI to Strategy ] (A quick copy and past function/button that would copy all four tyre pressures from the tyre UI and paste them to the pitstop strategy UI.

Atak_Kat likes this.
  20. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Agree with @Coanda 's comments. I admit I haven't delved into pitstops much (still researching/learning from various threads here), but I notice right away the things he mentions.