1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Racedepartment premium races

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Feb 23, 2017.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was looking what premium on Racedepartment has to offer and saw this:
    "Race online in our daily casual racing clubs and professional leagues."
    How popular and clean are those daily casual racing clubs for AC? AC is pretty much what I use atm and how often do those race occurs?

vilivili, Schnipp and AmorFati like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceDepartment ACC club races May 20, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Vote for ACC at Racedepartment Oct 14, 2019
    Screens & Videos Competitive and clean MX5 Cup race at RaceDepartment.. enjoy the fun battles May 13, 2017
    Sounds modding New Clio III RS Mod on Racedepartment Jan 27, 2017
    Tracks modding Unnamed Desert Road Project Moving to RaceDepartment for now.. see first post.. Apr 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Formula 1 skin mods removed from RaceDepartment after Copyright claim Mar 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment interview with Kunos Mar 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment weird ad spam? Sep 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room More details on 1.2 from racedepartment Jul 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 24hours lemans live streaming racedepartment Jun 13, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room Racedepartment - thrustmaster australian formula master May 19, 2015
    Sounds modding Ferrari 458 gt2 permanent link on racedepartment! (1.1.6d) Feb 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room The racedepartment assetto corsa club presents ... Aug 6, 2014
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa: racedepartment - [au] gt3 @ magione (race edit) Jun 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment Club Events May 30, 2014

3. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43 Rookie

They're very popular and clean. Races, especially the GT3 ones, usually gather over 15 racers who are all willing to talk, share setups and generally have good racing. Driving standards are enforced and incidents can be penalised, so the racing is not full of rammers and idiots you'd see on Public Servers. Sign up to RD, get a month of Premium and try it out. There are races for all time zones in all manner of car and track combinations. I highly recommend using Race Department for well organised and enjoyable racing.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thanks! I am a member already, is there a way to get premium for a month and try or only for new members? How often do race where AC is used happen? Am I forced to be in teamspeak or something if Im going to race? Thanks again for your insight. :)

The reason this is interesting is because I want something that isnt really serious but yet somewhat serious, a race i can sign up for but wont get a hard penalty for not being able to show up because of reasons.

AmorFati likes this.
  5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I've been doing club races at RD for quite a while. AC is one of the most popular Sims used. Not sure if you can access their calendar but here is the link: http://www.racedepartment.com/calendar/upcoming-races
    It lists how many AC races happen in a week, usually for EU guys there is AC race every day.

EU races have a lot more people than US races, and races are very clean. If they accidentally hit you they will apologize on TS and usually will give you position back. You don't have to be on TS, and you are not required to talk on TS, but it's nice to be on it and know what people are on about. Club races are casual and for fun.

They used to have premium for different length, but I think they've reduced the price by about 50% and only do 1 year sub now. I might be wrong though.

6. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That actually sounds really cool. Only available in Euros though, so I'm out of luck again.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You get send to paypal by clicking the link. Are you not able to put the amount in euro and it translates automatically to the currency you using on paypal?

Thanks @St3fan!

8. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

The problem is it doesn't work that way. There's been a lot of issues with online companies that only allow you (if you're American) to check out in Euros with doing bogus conversions.

I've been hit once by it last year, and apparently it's a growing problem.

You can't see the dollar equivalent until you get your actual statement, which can be days or weeks later. I wound up paying $53.00 for an item that actually should have cost $9.25 last year.

American Express, Chase and Capitol One have all told me flat out: If you can't check out in dollars, DO NOT check out. You open yourself up for a lot of grief if you do.

9. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

You can only buy for the whole year now, but it's really cheap at around $10 and of course that money goes to help pay for server costs, site upkeep, and hosting all the mods. We try to have AC races almost every night of the week, I'm currently running races on Saturday (Porsche Cup), Monday (MX5 Cup), and Tuesday (varies, track day this coming week). Grid size can vary, weekends usually see the highest participation, but the racing is always good, clean, and friendly. For the club races we put an emphasis on just having fun and not worrying so much about competition, it's just a chance to get on track with your fellow simheads. There's no obligation to be on TeamSpeak but it is helpful so you can know what's going on and participate in the banter. And yes, you should be able to use PayPal to convert to your local currency.

We'd love to have you guys join up with us, we have a lot of fun and we're always looking for more cars on the grid! Here's a short highlight video I made of our first Porsche Cup race.

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Are those league type races, so you should participate, or is it pick-up racing?
    So if you want and have time you can join, but only for premium members!?

11. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

According to the site description, it's both.

• Race online in our daily casual racing clubs and professional leagues.

And yes, it's only available to premium members. (Again, according to the site.)

Schnipp likes this.
  12. Turk

Turk Alien

I was looking this week and they had a race on most days. I find their races on another level from what you'd find in say SRS. There's a decent practice season which is handy if you want to meet up and get tips of someone (most of the really good drivers wouldn't bother with practice but some met up and test setups, sharing tips).

The racing is really good, I tend to go for consistency when I do races there, the longer format means there isn't as much of a mad scramble for positions at the beginning. I think it's well worth the money, I didn't even get to use my membership this time around, but I'll have new hardware in about 2-3 weeks and I'll probably be online for every available minute.

13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I'd like it just for the instruction from a pro part.

The rest would be gravy.

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im happy that I started this thread. Sounds better than I hoped for! :)

Cote Dazur and Parminio like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

Membership used to include a class with one of the top drivers. I don't know if they still do that.

16. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Well, it's still in the description. In fact, it's the very first thing listed in what you get for Premium:

• Take a full 90 minute online driving course with support from a live tutor to improve your online racing skills in a racing game of your choice.

17. The daily AC events are fun and not as serious as a league. Sign up to an event and if you can't make it for whatever reason, just sign out.

I often do the Sunday GT3 races. They are mostly clean and respectful. Here's the first lap from last Sundays race:-

(I did a season at SRS, it was good but the races are too short now).

18. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

What time Sunday? I've been looking all over for anybody that runs a weekend race at an earlier hour than 8PM. I could be a good, solid, reliable back marker for you. ;)

19. Parminio likes this.
  20. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

If you're using PayPal to pay, you can use their exchange rates, adding Euros to your paypal balance and paying with that. Or just letting paypal handle the conversion at checkout. They do take a fee, but comparing paypal to my local forex, I'd be actually getting two bucks more for my 100 euros... $100,38 from forex, $102,53 from paypal. YMMV since you'd be doing it in the other direction.

And if the seller still manages to shaft you, you can file a dispute through paypal, who as a big company should have enough clout to get things sorted.

Then again... if PayPal shafts you, you're probably SOL. :D

21. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Are you in US zone? @BrandonW77 is the RD US staff. You can ask him for more info on premium membership related thingy.

Parminio likes this.