1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Racedepartment weird ad spam?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I know that this is AC Forum but maybe someone can help me. Sometimes I go to "racedepartment.com" on my Ipad to check if there are new downloads for AC. Since a view days I can't do this anymore because everytime I get redirected to several other websites like "youradexchange" or get messages like "you won an Ipad".

Never had these problems on racedepartment. Is it possible that I have a virus on my ipad? I thought you can't get a virus on ipad unless you didn't jailbreak it.

Could anyone who owns an ipad please try it to go to racedepartment.com and tell me if he has the same problem or what I could do to get rid of this?

I only have this problem on the racedepartment website though (not on AC forums for example...). If it would be a virus shouldn't the problem occur on all websites?

F430_458_F12 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceDepartment ACC club races May 20, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Vote for ACC at Racedepartment Oct 14, 2019
    Screens & Videos Competitive and clean MX5 Cup race at RaceDepartment.. enjoy the fun battles May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment premium races Feb 23, 2017
    Sounds modding New Clio III RS Mod on Racedepartment Jan 27, 2017
    Tracks modding Unnamed Desert Road Project Moving to RaceDepartment for now.. see first post.. Apr 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Formula 1 skin mods removed from RaceDepartment after Copyright claim Mar 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment interview with Kunos Mar 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room More details on 1.2 from racedepartment Jul 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 24hours lemans live streaming racedepartment Jun 13, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room Racedepartment - thrustmaster australian formula master May 19, 2015
    Sounds modding Ferrari 458 gt2 permanent link on racedepartment! (1.1.6d) Feb 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room The racedepartment assetto corsa club presents ... Aug 6, 2014
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa: racedepartment - [au] gt3 @ magione (race edit) Jun 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment Club Events May 30, 2014

3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Same problem here.

4. esox71

esox71 Alien

LOL....POP!

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It loads normally on my iPad, I have an old one so it's stuck on ios5.

6. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

Their ads are not mobile friendly. Usually on PC they might open in a new window but in mobile cause redirects sometimes.

Epocx, F430_458_F12 and esox71 like this.
  7. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

Loads perfectly fine on my iPad.

8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thanks guys for testing. It's strange because some seem to have the same problem (virus?) and some not...
    Perhaps it has to do with IOS 9 update I installed lately?

9. A. Gamberini

A. Gamberini Racer

Same here from my mobile, really annoying

10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Maybe your router has a DNS virus? I have seen popups and dodgy website redirects on iPads due to this before.. getting more common unfortunately

11. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

never had an issue with rd, check your pc

12. Tophercheese

Tophercheese Simracer

It may be to do with the interaction between iOS 9's adblocker and our google adsense for non-premiums. I'm not running iOS 9 on my iPad so i'm not sure.

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

iOS 9 same issue here, have you posted or asked on RD as well?

14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

No, because it's hard to reach racedepartment with all these redirections... ;)
    If it would be a virus on the router, why does the problem only appear at racedepartment?

15. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Same problem here, if I use internet smartphone I have a lot of redirects but if I use my smartphone with home router not redirecting at all.

16. Radunje

Radunje Rookie

Yes same here on my ipad with IOS 9. On my PC i have no issues with RD. Strange..

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Mike1304 likes this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I've noticed recently using iOS that sites with aggressive advertising will open a new window and close the old one. All you're left with is the full page pop up add and the original site page has gone, you can't even go back, it's extremely annoying. I assume it's a way to defeat Apple's pop up blocking.

As others have said, no problem with Windows.

19. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

It's not a matter of OS, I have the same issue with Android and Google Chrome Mobile.

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Seems like it's an issue with all mobile OS then.

21. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Adaway. Flies away ^^