1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Raceonoz Singapore open scheduled Wednesday night races

Discussion in 'ACC Online Leagues / Championships room' started by martcerv, Aug 28, 2019.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

At Raceonoz we have been running open scheduled race nights a couple nights a week from our Aussie based servers. We try to maintain a fairly strict ping limit of 250ms (If this is being enforced it will be in the server name) and this meant quite a few had to be kicked even if they make the server SA restrictions to our Sydney based server. To Australia pings from europe are generally 350ms+ which is a bit too much for good clean racing.

Currently we are testing some Singapore based servers as this is a much more central location where good connections from most regions should be under 250ms. Only South America will be 300ms+ which is too high for good clean racing. Europe and US should be under 200ms most of Asia and Australia under 100ms.

Currently we are doing Wednesday night Sprints on the Singapore servers, our Monday enduro's are still run from the Aussie server.

Anyone that wants to try this on Wednesday nights that is under 250ms to the Singapore servers and over SA75 is welcome to join. Weather is dynamic and format will be a 1hr open practice from 7.30pm AEST with 10 minutes qualy at 8.30pm AEST then a 30 minute race followed by another 10 min qualy and 30 min race.

If there is enough interest in these servers we can expand to more scheduled race days and longer format races. We have stricter SA servers running 24/7 from Sydney and Singapore but scheduled runs tend to get the more people then servers that are mostly just sitting empty.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Coanda, chksix, Mudguts and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceOnOZ ACC Australian League Jun 29, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Raceonoz (aus&nz) Aug 10, 2015

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It would also be interesting to see what sort of pings people from around the world are getting to our Raceonoz servers. There are some hosted by Azure/Amazon in Singapore and Amazon in Sydney Australia.

The general internet in Australia is pretty poor so locals tend to get fairly different pings to Azure and AWS in Singapore. I wonder how this is for people in other regions so if anyone wants to search for raceonoz and let us know your pings in lobby.

Here are my pings from Melbourne Australia to the raceonoz servers.
    upload_2019-8-28_17-35-25.png

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Raceon Team, I have been sim racing for night on 10 years and play many sims competitively online and cleanly, including ACC however i only get a few hours once a week.
    Ive had my SA at 73-74 now for 3 months... Race offline 2 races may go up 1 point, race online and maintain or occasionally with random servers lose a point (People not able to drive).

I'm interested with the SA rebalancing last patch, have you given consideration to requirements now to get to 75 ? I can have 2 perfect clean 30 minute races with some close racing and may get 1 point incremental. You may be limiting your audience of excellent drivers as SA is now much more challenging/time consuming to acheive (Unless you know of some shortcut to accelerate other than hundreds of hours of racing).

Just some feedback that you may need to re-think the SA rating you currently maintain.

FYI - Based in sydney and get around 20ms to your local servers (NBN FTTP)

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For any locals keen on good clean racing that may not currently meet the SA requirements we can enter them into our entry list to give them access via our forum at raceonoz.com. As long as they demonstrate intent and ability to race cleanly they will be kept on this whitelist, if they don't they may be removed but so far there has been nobody needing to be removed.

Trying to keep open and clean servers we need ratings fairly strict, if we get more entries from new people we don't know we really don't want to need a full time admin to spectate and monitor the field when the ratings system in ACC actually can do a pretty good job at this. I know not everyone will be able to get into this but if more use servers with higher restriction limits then it gives them better racing and more incentive for all to improve their rating and aim for cleaner servers to race in. Its also possible that SA 75 is not strict enough for general open servers but this is something that can be adjusted up and down as needed over time.

I have just put up the Singapore Wednesday race night server and will take the other servers down to avoid confusion and people joining the wrong ones.

chksix and Rolz like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Wasnt our biggest turnout tonight but was good to see a few new guys turn up and nobody was over the 250 ping so didnt need to do anything in the server.

We will keep a selection of servers up 24/7 in Australia and Singapore some in the combo we are going to run in the next race and others on track rotation. I have dropped one of the Singapore servers to SA65 see if that makes much difference and raised one to SA85 to keep it fair an balanced. :D

Here are the race results from tonight from a warm and sometimes wet Silverstone.

FP1
    [​IMG]
    Q1
    [​IMG]
    R1
    [​IMG]
    Q2
    [​IMG]
    R2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Coanda likes this.
  7. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Ive got 5 or 6 we have been racing for 10+ years together.. Getting them to sign up on forums. (hosted a server tonight for them as some have only just got game so low SA). - All get around 2:00 to 2:01 at silverstone, so similar pace

martcerv and Captain Barracuda like this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you guys! I'll try and get in on this next week.. :cool:

Captain Barracuda and martcerv like this.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Some good racing as always in varying conditions last night. Certainly recommend giving Raceonoz a try, a clean driving, respectful group with a good spread of pace so you should always find yourself in a tight battle.

Coanda, martcerv and Rolz like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

This post is not intended to be published but as the other thread was moved I just want to say why I started another. Main purpose was to try get some discussion going and get feedback from people regarding more geo centralized servers. To get an idea of what sort of pings people get there and if there is more interest in regular scheduled High SA races. This is one way we could use public servers and ratings to give more then just basic sprint races, even use this for longer endure races or possibly daily scheduled races in a region raceable for more people.

We don't have access to CP servers in our region and general public server racing in this region is mostly dead. There are a few bigger local leagues but they have no public servers so nobody even knows they exist. Ideally I have enough faith in ratings and if there were ping limits to keep everyone within a reasonable latency to race then hosting servers by us in Singapore could help provide something people may be interested in. Our Aussie servers really don't work at all for most other regions having very high pings which is why we looked into trying Singapore servers to not need to kick people with high pings.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We tested the Singapore servers tonight with out 90 minute Monday night scheduled race night, we did get 20 starters and all that joined were under 250ms pings. Wednesday nights 2x 30 minute sprints will be at Paul Ricard this week. A 90 minute race will be at Paul Ricard next Monday on this server again then we will decide if we go back to the Australian server or stick with the Singapore to allow more regions in. If future ACC updates allow us to preset scheduled races then we may have at least 1 scheduled race each day of the week if there is enough interest in this with varied length races from sprints to longer Enduro races.

Here is the auto highlights from the 90 minute race tonight.

Tonights race was generally good driving but a few guys seemed to not understand the drive around rather then through strategy so if this continues SA level may be raised to improve general driving standards.

Serge M and Rolz like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Marty could you please elaborate on this statement..? Right now I'm not sure I would join a 90 min race, not until I get my new wheel setup, therefore when I do I don't want to be pain in the a$$..

13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

was a muppet on there that made it a bad experience for a few ppl

[​IMG]

Captain Barracuda and Coanda like this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Don't worry you would be ok, the guy that I was mostly talking about is the one guy that didn't seem to be too interested in driving around people but through them. Contacts happen in racing and its no big deal, I found it quite funny he made a very noob move with no redress or apology and then called it a noob server as he rage quit when someone else made contact with him not long after he rammed me off the track. ;)

Wednesday night we will run 2x30 minute sprints and this may be kept for a while on those nights. Mondays are the longer races, possibly will do some 1hr sprint races with pit windows if we have that option on public servers. Really need to see what future updates bring but it also seems the plans are to limit the cool sim features to hidden private servers so in the end if we get enough locals then the servers may also get hidden. I would much rather keep servers open if we can use features like pit windows, tyre limits, stint limits, no escape to pit, ping limits etc along with longer scheduled races in servers open to all that meet the restrictions. Will need @Minolin to help out there a little even if it means something like SA75 or over is needed for these actual Blancpain and sim features, not much point having that stuff in actual "noob servers"

I will raise SA to 80 for the next open races to see if that makes any difference but in general SA75 usually has been ok to race in, in public servers I raced between SA60 and SA85 its fairly clear the level improves as the rating goes up.

I hope to encourage anyone within our 250 ping limit and server restrictions to join, as long as they try to race clean is all that matters. The more that enter the more likely everyone will have someone to battle in the race, but if people cant race cleanly then they are better off not joining. The ratings system does a pretty good job with this, admins just need to find what levels work best.

Coanda likes this.
  15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Just don't ram the guy in front of you.

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What time is tonights race AEST?

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I try my hardest not to. I currently hold a 90+ SA rating.

I noticed the server name had 8:30pm AEST. I just missed it lat night.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Qualy is generally 8:30 AEST Mondays and Wednesdays. Best to get info from our Raceonoz forum as the moderation of posts in this section makes direct communication very slow.

Coanda likes this.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Looking forward to having a race with you Coanda!

Coanda likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah that would be nice Barra.. :) I dont think i'll be much competition for you though.. After almost 2 years of waiting I will finally go back to a wheel setup in the coming weeks. Hopefully this should help me run the longer races with you boys.. :cool:

21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It has been a few weeks since we used the Singapore open servers for one of our scheduled races as we have been testing rules and driver swaps the last few weeks which need private servers.\

Overall it seems the timezone in Australia doesn't lend itself much for global racing weekdays as its the middle of the night in the US during our evening and early mornings in Europe. Asia really has a very low ACC user base it seems too and so our races tonight contained all Aussies and @Coanda who is an ex Aussie in the Phillipines and he was the only one in the server that was I think under 100ms. There was only 1 other that joined during this race night at the end of Q2 but with a ping over 300 and so was kicked as server is clearly labeled under 250ms pings only. Generally the only pings over 300 to this server would be someone in south America or possibly badly routed connections from other regions.

The netcode seems to have been improved considerably in recent build with pings around 100ms which is the typical number for most Aussies to singapore.

Here are the highlight videos from the 2 races tonight.