1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

racing with g29 after all patch

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Cat racer, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Cat racer

Cat racer Rookie

hello all,

i just had a ps4 for xmas and i tough i will play gt sport.... but tbh.... LOL .... i just discovered assetto corsa is the way to go for me and by far

clutch and H-shifter is a MUST for me as i always been driving like that in real life... no way i will skip on it

were i live at there is a big sale on G29 for half the price of a thrusmaster not having clutch pedal

i have read many issue about G29 on PS4 not working so good but for the price of the wheel/shifter and clutch pedal its the way and budget i want to go.... i have read alot that thrusmaster is better but the price is too much for me the way i want my setup to be with H-shifter and clutch

i would like to have a fresh 2018 feedback about how the G29 and shifter work on PS4 after all the patch and bug fix not to make a bad purchase.

i know there is alot to read on it already but im busy guy and as i said i want fresh 2018 info about the G29 with H-shifter for this genius assetto corsa game.... so many bad thing i have read

as i said it is double the price to get same stuff from thrusmaster and it is a little bit too much for me as i can only do some lapping a few hour a week but still want something good and precise

i want to make a smart purchase

thx to all people taking time to answer me

i love the game.... best console racer i ever played... im 35 years old

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel Not Supported Properly Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is the G29 an ok wheel to make a start in sim-racing (multi-platform)? Mar 12, 2018
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Coming back to racing Jan 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room I am trying to make a racing league! Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Crazy-Racing vom GT3 09.09. - 10.12.2023 Aug 17, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Global Motorsport Racing Aug 2, 2023

3. Cat racer

Cat racer Rookie

i already got used to play with controller using slow car like the GT86 and made golden on the hotlap event with it :)

4. I'm trying mine this evening, will report back!

seems to me that the game has had issues with it since launch and has never been fixed :/

5. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

It's (G29) fine. Has a good reputation for reliability and is more than adequate to the task for the money. The only issues I have had myself and seen reported here concern an occasional glitch with the degrees of rotation bugging out. Touch wood, I have not had this happen since the last update and it wasn't difficult to remedy anyway.
    Enjoy your wheel. You're in for a treat ;)

nosoks likes this.
  6. Well it was fine....now it isnt. What do I do now?

7. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

In what way is it not fine now but was before @Jonathan Roebuck. A few details might help.

8. Well the steering was fine then all of a sudden the virtual steering wheel didn't match the real one.however...very weirdly there is a setting for the steering wheel under video settings that I luckily stumbled upon which lets you change the rotation. so I stuck on 900 degrees as i knew what the G29 offers. This seems to have solved it?

Will keep playing. loving the game though, cannot believe i've missed out on this for 2 years however, especially since I am a massive Lotus fan!

Thanks

9. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Yup. It may still happen now and again though. My d.o.r is set to "none". A game restart/reset will always, well, reset the d.o.r. to what it should be, so not a biggie. Enjoy.

nosoks likes this.