1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rain coming to AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Sep 13, 2018.

1. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

We already have night and night lighting in AC thanks to x4fab's Custom Shader Mod, but looks like we are going to also have proper rain in the near future as it is currently being developed. It's pretty amazing what these guys are doing with AC, it almost looks like "AC2" is already here. Day and night cycle is WIP also as i understand.
    Thanks to all of them for their hard work!

https://streamable.com/z2twh

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Entering into Hohenrain turn Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DD is grainy coggy on Nurburg 24H Apr 2, 2024
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Engine and Powertrain talks Dec 20, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT3 Evo Rain Light Jul 30, 2023
    ACC Physics Heavy front graining with 296 GT3 May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Rain spray visuals Mar 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rain Feb 16, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues lost ffb bettween sessions when its raining Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality cannot see the rain outside the car in vr Aug 15, 2022
    ACC Gameplay All AI pit after lap 1, damp track, no rain May 26, 2022
    Screens & Videos Hellcat on a rainy touge May 8, 2022
    ACC User Interface Eyestrain due to camera movement May 7, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars road reflection artefact/flash when wipers move with rain at cockpit cam Mar 24, 2022

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

the sun always shines in ac :):p
    only joking!:D:D
    more serious:
    thats the best what could happen - keep ac alive and lets enjoy acc.:)
    its very interesting how we talk bout this short before christmas 2019.:cool:
    hopefully acc is so much fun as it seems to me in the moment an ac is stille alive and kicking!
    we will see.
    most important - no ac / acc war ! - seems a little bit overheating in these times.o_O

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  4. demonized

demonized Simracer

as much as i like x4fabs work, its not a proper rain without proper physics. so its just a scenery

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Hopefully it will work at low grip so I can turn it on for some MP Goodwood wet track action! :D I assume it will be a visual only thing that can be turned on from a .ini or with JSGME. Looks pretty cool already!

6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah it looks pretty cool for ol' AC, but after driving laps in the rain in ACC, it's not gonna cut it anylonger for some, meself included. But good for the diversity.

7. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

hmm i honestly have no interest in comparing it to ACC, or contribute to that "war", as they both have a different public aim. ACC can't serve the same purpose lots of people playing AC are looking for, so is nice to have these things otherwise we would never have.
    As to rain physics, i guess a well adjusted level of grip is more than enough for now... and the current "Wet Mod" that's out there accomplishes part of the job. Also custom weather mods will do their own part of the job, since some of them aim to control wind, temperatures and grip in their own way, like "4 seasons" weather aims to do. Watching CSM evolve i realized almost everything is possible now, we just have to wait for it to evolve and mature. :D

sissydriver likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Fingers crossed this will be much more VR friendly than the PP/weather spray mod and also not tied to CM. It would be great if we can just enable with JSGME and have spray and rain that works in SP and MP and in VR without having to mess around with anything else like PP filters or smoke settings.

Andrew_WOT and WilliamRiker like this.
  9. Sean

Sean Simracer

Very impressive

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Very impressive. Even if it's just lowered grip. Doesn't compete with ACC with aquaplaning and all that... But AC has upsides, like endless tracks collection, cars, better AA options for old computers. And sadly better FFB at the moment (which is very likely temporary though)

Phil64 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Am I in minority who also finds AC graphics with GBW Suite more appealing and photo realistic than ACC.

Luca Zari and liakjim like this.
  12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Same here. I don't like ACC graphics color palette cartoonish style

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Dropped saturation to 80, a bit better but still, Forza Motorsport. :(

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Imo ACC looks way better with everything maxed and 150% resolution scaling, not cartoonish to me. Are you comparing maxed graphics on both? Problem is, I can't run it that way in ACC

Color palette seems realistic to me. Sims have traditionally looked colorless but imo Forza 7 and GT Sport look more realistic than "sims" they just don't drive realistic. They are not bad thing to copy visually IMO. Night racing in rain especially looks absolutely real to me. But I can run it nowhere near maxed (unless I use just 1 screen), and then it doesn't suddenly look all that great anymore. The blurry AA doesn't help, takes lot of the graphics away

Basically only way to make ACC look very good, is upping resolution scaling lots, that only high end systems can run. In triple screen, is there anyone who could run it like that? Would imagine even 2080 ti isn't going to keep 60 fps with upped resolution scaling (triples). Then it's the option between only TAA (crap) FXAA (ultracrap). Where as AC with 4x MSAA looks super sharp

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Trezoitao38 and mms like this.
  15. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

:O x4fab is a true AC-wizard. He should be given a place in AC-all-time modding Hall of Fame alongside titans like meco, panky, rsanchez, szymik and the rest of legendary AC modders...

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

wow this is insane!

17. mms

mms Alien

It looks really nice, hats off to x4fab, but for me it cannot compete with the feeling I get driving on a soaked track (medium/heavy rain) in ACC. So far I like it more than driving on dry track, hopefully they'll get the transitions right, that will be heaven ;)

18. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Is it possible to make a better physics rain for original Assetto Corsa?

Or is just impossible?

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Trezoitao38 and WilliamRiker like this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I like the puddles on Goodwood wet, the way the car slides on them feels nice. I think rain and spray visuals will make that track come alive! :)

21. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am looking for a thread or a post with up to date instruction on how to make driving in the rain happen in AC. like rain 101 for AC, with all the steps and the ingredients, wet track, rain app, etc....
    Can someone point us in the right direction?
    I use to have it working, but it is not working anymore and I do not remember what I did to make it happen.