1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

rain effects.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShimonART, May 31, 2018.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I really hope kunos are going to invest a little bit of time on those inside of cockpit, other sim racing games is very basic looking.
    i hope to see the windows fogging and when behind cars to have much lower visibility and when going fast not seeing just the same rain drop effect like in pcars 2. also making the drops actually move depending on car movement like in drive club would be cool.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No raineffects on screen [Resolved by removing custom Engine.ini] Mar 23, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No water effects on track in night and rain May 30, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No rain effects on windshield Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Water spray kills fps, "effects"=Mid fixes that but removes raindrops from windscreen Oct 21, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Entering into Hohenrain turn Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DD is grainy coggy on Nurburg 24H Apr 2, 2024
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Engine and Powertrain talks Dec 20, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT3 Evo Rain Light Jul 30, 2023
    ACC Physics Heavy front graining with 296 GT3 May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Rain spray visuals Mar 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rain Feb 16, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues lost ffb bettween sessions when its raining Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality cannot see the rain outside the car in vr Aug 15, 2022

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Big thumbs up for Driveclub rain. Loved it and especially how rain moves around the windshield when turning etc. Please Kunos. :)

4. mms

mms Alien

I'm not sure about the fogging though, if the windshield is clean enough (and perhaps treated with anti-fog solution) there should not be any fogging, at least for a good while (like in this video below):

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Driveclub, the game where raindrops have better physics than the cars :p But yeah it looks awesome indeed

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    miky, rycil, McKiernan and 1 other person like this.
  6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

you can still see a little fogging on the side windows and on the sides and edges of the windshield, which gives better "feeling" of driving in the rain.
    i just hope that when your up to speed the rain effect is not going to stay the same.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Must say the Driveclub rain does look really good, hopefully it’s similar or better :)

8. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

waste of resources

9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Explain.
    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Epistolarius likes this.
  10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

"Waste of resources" maybe, but maybe not too much ?
    But I agree with "ShimonART", Drive Club made a good job (visually).

Rfactor 2 also (recent update ?), have a good effect...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018