1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

rain effects.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShimonART, May 31, 2018.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I really hope kunos are going to invest a little bit of time on those inside of cockpit, other sim racing games is very basic looking.
    i hope to see the windows fogging and when behind cars to have much lower visibility and when going fast not seeing just the same rain drop effect like in pcars 2. also making the drops actually move depending on car movement like in drive club would be cool.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions What do you think about windshield visibility in the rain ? Monday at 4:54 PM
    ACC General Discussions Driving in the pack, in the rain, in the night... Monday at 10:52 AM
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Pitlimiter + directional lights + rain light Saturday at 1:11 PM
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars In car Cockpit Rain Saturday at 6:04 AM
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Raindrops very low fps Friday at 5:20 PM
    Chit Chat Room Rain coming to AC Thursday at 9:26 PM
    ACC Troubleshoooting No more rain in wet conditions Thursday at 4:23 PM
    ACC Gameplay AI cars following slowly a damaged car, creating the train Thursday at 4:13 AM
    ACC General Discussions Tyres! oh... it's raining... Sep 6, 2018
    ACC General Discussions The Rain and The Wet Surfaces of ACC Feb 21, 2018
    Suggestions A lemans DLC and rain. Oct 16, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Grain & Blister Information via "Back to Pits" or "Restart Session" Sep 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Grain & Blister, Working as Intended? Sep 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Tested 3 computer glasses to reduce eyestrain Aug 31, 2017
    Suggestions real weather. (rain rain rain) Jun 24, 2017

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

Big thumbs up for Driveclub rain. Loved it and especially how rain moves around the windshield when turning etc. Please Kunos. :)

4. mms

mms Alien

I'm not sure about the fogging though, if the windshield is clean enough (and perhaps treated with anti-fog solution) there should not be any fogging, at least for a good while (like in this video below):

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Driveclub, the game where raindrops have better physics than the cars :p But yeah it looks awesome indeed

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    miky, rycil, McKiernan and 1 other person like this.
  6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

you can still see a little fogging on the side windows and on the sides and edges of the windshield, which gives better "feeling" of driving in the rain.
    i just hope that when your up to speed the rain effect is not going to stay the same.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Must say the Driveclub rain does look really good, hopefully it’s similar or better :)

8. waste of resources

9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Explain.
    Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Epistolarius likes this.
  10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Gamer

"Waste of resources" maybe, but maybe not too much ?
    But I agree with "ShimonART", Drive Club made a good job (visually).

Rfactor 2 also (recent update ?), have a good effect...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018