1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rain? Please turn on the lights

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by nrc689, Jun 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

In heavy rain is normally difficult to see something. But if someone don't switch on the lights.. you understand.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer CP Races - Please STOP with all the RAIN!!! Apr 9, 2020
    Console Lounge PC guys, can I pick your brains please? Sep 12, 2016
    Suggestions Rain please! Aug 31, 2016
    General modding discussion Bernd's weather modding tutorial (please refrain from commenting just yet) Nov 10, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Entering into Hohenrain turn Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange terrain texture after the Schumacher-S on the new 24h Nürburgring layout Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DD is grainy coggy on Nurburg 24H Apr 2, 2024
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Engine and Powertrain talks Dec 20, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars AMG GT3 Evo Rain Light Jul 30, 2023
    ACC Physics Heavy front graining with 296 GT3 May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Rain spray visuals Mar 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rain Feb 16, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues lost ffb bettween sessions when its raining Nov 3, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality cannot see the rain outside the car in vr Aug 15, 2022

3. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

this should be IN GAME as a message :)

SYBER1AN and nrc689 like this.
  4. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Car headlights do next to nothing in the game at certain times especially when cloud cover is there and raining unfortunately, like try 7am barcelona and rain, they do nothing even though its dark!

Gopher04 likes this.
  5. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I think is better than nothing. You switch on... after we are in the hands of God.

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I believe the OP request is not for you to see where you going, it's for the others to know where you are during a race :)

[​IMG]

aotto1977, Lgt.t, ramon31 and 5 others like this.
  7. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

you see not better with Lights ON in some circumstances but other drivers will see YOU better :)

*edit* i got ninjaed :D

nrc689 likes this.
  8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Perfect. Or the devs don't gave us lights.

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

They had the same exact problem with cough..Pcars 1/2 at certain times of day when it was cloudy/dusk and raining the lights were absolutely useless, couldn't even see the track especially the edges, was really hoping it wouldn't happen with ACC and the unreal engine but it has and is most dissapointing.

10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Ok.... have you read the @Aris and @Madsen reply?

11. Aristotelis

And to be honest, have you ever switch on your lights at cloudy weather in real life and had better visibility?...

chksix and Kopiller like this.
  12. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

??? I said you are right and you go against me???

13. Aristotelis

LOL not you, the other guy above :D

[​IMG]

chksix, D.Jankovic and sadbones like this.
  14. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Ok lol.. i thought too much work for Aris he go crazy.. :eek:

Aristotelis likes this.
  15. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

But seriously, I open this thread to sensibilize all of you guys to switch on headlights not only in the night but also in the rain. Is not difficult to do, just push a toggle.

16. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

Headlights are required when the track has been declared "wet" per the Blancpain sporting regs, and probably every other series too.

There should be a radio message reminding you to turn your lights on when the track is wet or at night, and if you don't comply reasonably quickly, you should get a penalty.

nrc689, menos | M6 and D.Jankovic like this.
  17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

@Aristotelis Is it possible to add a message when you've turned on the lights/rainlight? A message just like when you increase ABS/TC/BB. I have my rainlight bound as an extended input and I'm not always sure if it's on or not.

jc1993, Arckeron, AchillesXI and 2 others like this.
  18. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

In the real series the race director informs the drivers when rain or fog lights are mandatory. I guess if someone doesn't comply he would get a penalty? Maybe we should have the same in ACC.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

SYBER1AN likes this.
  19. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I feel like the headlights are kinda weird, you doesn't even notice it on unless it's really really dark. The effects should be more noticeable when it's starting to get dark.

AchillesXI likes this.