1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Random time and day option

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Nov 25, 2016.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Lots of nice features and cars added to this title, is there a simple chance we could add a whole random option for weather and time of day. It would bring some sort of realism to races not knowing what you could get.

Don't you think Kunos. You already have the option there in another variable, unless theres more to it than that- i think it would be highly used

Epistolarius and eXo like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Weather Varability [Actually: random weather option functionality] Oct 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Random time option Nov 20, 2018
    Suggestions Grip as Random option Aug 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Random weather & time option Aug 4, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB coming and going at random with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 27, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Random appearing red pixels Jul 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashing at random May 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    Bug reports Random Xbox Series X crashes Jan 4, 2023
    Chit Chat Room [HELP] Random day time Dec 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Fatal Errors [GPU overclock] Jul 31, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Game Crashes Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error Crashes in Game at random. Jul 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error Crashing In Game; Random!? Jul 11, 2022

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Have you tried using Content Manager as your launcher? Rather than a random option it gives a "real conditions" option which I've found to be functionally equivalent to what you're asking for - which is something I've also asked for in the past.

Not to say this isn't still a sound idea, but now there is an option to explore in CM.

(And not to come off like a CM infomercial, but the nice features don't stop there. It's a great piece of software. Quite literally a game changer for me.)

MsportDAN likes this.
  4. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

..... euh? o_O

I've never been to the track and thought by myself, oh dang it's raining, didn't saw that one coming.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

haven't been around for while what this Content manager?

cheers
    d

aphidgod likes this.
  6. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure you would come with an answer by just Googling for - Assetto Corsa Content Manager ;)

7. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

8. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

There's a thread in the apps/GUI themes mod forum here - I'd link you but I'm on my phone and it's a pain... 4th thread from the top as of 12 sec ago, though. ;)

Edit: that ninja pmc has you covered.

9. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

What about random Time of Day in Multiplayer?

10. option for the server to have diferent day time per session would be good to have

coret3x, eXo and WallyM like this.
  11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

oh that looks cool. I take it works properly with the sim. I'm interested in the range of AI level how does that work in the game.?

12. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Works just how you'd expect. I can almost guarantee you won't be happy with the results though. :p (AC AI, nothing to do with CM implementation)

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so does it give the ai certain ai levels, between which you choose?

14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so tried it.

interesting very interesting

me likey

might be enough to buy up those remaining dlc

aphidgod likes this.
  15. xedrox

xedrox Simracer

16. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

wow impressed by this app.

xedrox likes this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I think with the inclusion of the great custom season, and choosing weather for each race, a random option here is needed imo.. Does the app above work with custom seasons yet?

18. xedrox

xedrox Simracer

FYI, The app was updated last week to now include random weather, car, track, time of day, temp!!!
    • Check context menus of those three-dots-buttons, there is a keyboard shortcut for every item plus an additional shortcut for the whole list at once.
    When on the Quick Drive page hit Alt+R to randomize everything!

MsportDAN and aphidgod like this.
  19. A picture is worth a thousand words:
    [​IMG]

Diablo_rf likes this.
  20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

any chance please please please kunos this gets added in game my last ac bugbear!! Lol

21. You can already do even better; use Content Manager with the good and bad weather mod and you can have as close to realtime weather conditions as possible, automatically!

Tundra and aphidgod like this.