1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Rather disappointed with latest update release notes

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Chris White, Jan 9, 2017.

1. HOOK Airs (?)

HOOK Airs (?) Rookie

Simple, not simple... What could have been simpler than testing the DOR for those wheels before releasing a major update? And then, this is what happened last time. Fixed within a week after that? Great! But that was unecessary rework for something SIMPLE that could have been easily done. If it is as it's been said here and there, maybe one guy handling console issues is not enough. Maybe there are truly simple things that haven't come out yet because private lobbies are taking up all available manpower, whereas one extra staff member to handle simpler and not less urgent things could be all that's missing.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this game, although it sure needs improvement. I can't understand why whenever someone puts in a fair request, there's always a bunch of others who come to say 'wait, you're wrong'...

2. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Couple things:

1) With your immense knowledge of software development, have you ever encountered a team where the guys who do 3d models and car physics are not the same guys that do the core game code?
    2) Are you aware that the console version is behind the PC version, and that the "new" content you've just downloaded has actually been finished for quite a while now?

Not interested in the discussion, really, but those seem to be relevant points that haven't been considered.

Beyond that, I work in hardware rather than software but I know what it's like when a customer goes on a public forum saying "this is crap, and I don't get why - it's easy!" First of all it's profoundly irritating. Second of all, they're almost always wrong. I shouldn't need to tell you this, as a seasoned pro yourself, but hey.

LeDude83 likes this.
  3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Please can I add to the debate the frame rate on Xbox on Barcelona and brands hatch and black cat county is still slowing down and when there's a full grid online it becomes a stutter on the first few corners online. I don't think the game runs anywhere near the 60fps it should run at on any track in the multiplayer.

4. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I know how you feel, I'm disappointed as well but before making any statement regarding DLC, cash grabbing etc., at least I want to know if we can expect all the fixes that were released so far (on PC) for the DLC cars, new or not.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

OP claims to be a pro and says this is easy and done within hours.
    Wanna see him do that for a random customer next time he explains his own job to him.

In German, this is called Nestbeschmutzung.

Minolin likes this.
  6. I could understand things like no button mapping and no private lobbies, if this was a one man band that was learning on the fly while going through Uni.

All this nonsense about being a small team is just flannel. They managed to program all the physics and FFB and create fantastic 3D models and tracks, yet we are expected to believe button mapping and customised lobbies are beyond them?

Every other sim game has them, and the actual coding must have been done as it is already in the PC version (which I also own).

Not even being able to look left or right is not an oversight or minor problem, it's a fundamental basic that should be there.

As much as I like the core game, I won't support it further until it's in a playable state for anything other than hot lapping.

7. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

Just updated AC now and the new 1.11 patch notes and the news about the new dlc's is now in the news section on PS4 :).

But the special events is not update, that's a bit disappointing since i have the new dlc's and was looking forward to use them in special events :oops:.

Grijo likes this.
  8. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

[​IMG]

ingrobny likes this.
  9. scobb1972

scobb1972 Rookie

No update in US, where is it Kunos?

10. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

In pratica abbiamo la patch 1.11 ma con i contenuti Fix vari ecc fermi alla 1.09.
    il valore di camber della M1 è ancora buggato quando era stato risolto nella 1.10 su pc.
    In pratica la versione console è il portafoglio per far cassa con i dlc e pacchetti vari e sviluppare sulla versione pc.
    io capisco siate in tre gatti alla Kunos e facciate fatica a star dietro a console e pc però riportare (patch 1.11) mi sembra un po' eccessivo, preferivo aveste rilasciato una 1.9.1 ecco.
    Cnq buon lavoro e speriamo arrivino presto i vari Fix come per la versione pc.

11. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

i do not disagree with the sentiment - there are several types of developers (ones that get the job done , and those that sit in meetings talking about getting it done) , and yes i have work with teams of over hundred and also as a single developer and hovered my own office ;) - thus i fall into the "get it done" or at the very least a prototype up n running as quickly as damn possible to see if its worth the "full" dev cycle from design upwards

but my sentiment is still the same, they only offered updates to get the DLC working ... i have no issues putting my hand in my pocket and buying all the content they can create, and i will again once they start addressing what is considered "missing" features for a awesome (yes the core game is awesome) feeling racing sim .. again not bashing , just voicing my dislike to the "strategy"

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017