1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion for ACC is here!

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 8, 2020.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I just got Windows 2004, and something is wrong with both RHM's for me. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

2. SunBro

SunBro Alien

THANK YOU

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Our saviour has arrived everyone!

WallyM and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

@SunBro @LATE4APEX @MABR

Hey guys, try this version 1.05 and see if you think it's better. I didn't find anything that had obviously broken, but somehow internal timings used in the calculations have changed since the Windows update, so I tried to adjust the calculations accordingly.

For those with a technical bent, I found this, which seems to be the root cause of the performance changes:
    And if you really want a headache, read this: https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2020/10/04/windows-timer-resolution-the-great-rule-change/

Attached Files:

SunBro, DiegoSR, MABR and 4 others like this.
  4. MABR

MABR Gamer

Hello WallyM. Thanks for your efforts. During a short test, I unfortunately did not notice any improvement. How do you feel when you move RHM back and forth on the Windows desktop with your mouse? My program jerks when I move it. Even if I bind a key in "Look Options", I can see how the values for "Val" follow and are not really synchronous with the key. Or has it always been like this? If I then look left and right with the key binding in ACC, it is also sluggish. Before the Windows Update, looking left-right was a bit nervous. So much more direct. I think the article you mention will be the reason. I also feel it while driving, that the program sometimes doesn't react fast enough while "smoothing the world movement". Nevertheless RHM still smooths better than ACC itself, only Microsoft continues to annoy us. At least on my PC. That's also the only thing that bothers my "old" eyes at ACC, this camera shaking. Or that the cockpit moves so far up and down with "Lock to Horizon". Even if all this should be realistic. My eyes are much smoother in the real world than what the racing simulators do. ACC is not alone in this. Maybe that's also because you get older and your brain doesn't follow you with all those shaky things anymore. :D

5. SunBro

SunBro Alien

My finding is that there IS some improvement but it's just that. Just an improvement. It's nowhere near the pre-2004 rhm but it's noticeably better than 1.04, The camera re-centers itself much faster now (not as fast as pre-2004)

Also, no @MABR the sync issue wasn't always there, it appeared with 2004 and it's also one of the places where you can see the improvement @WallyM did with 1.05. Try pressing a button with 1.04 and try it again with 1.05. 1.05 reacts quite faster. But again, not as instant as pre-2004 was.

I hope we can one day fully achieve pre-2004 quickness again.

MABR likes this.
  6. MABR

MABR Gamer

I will also test again more exactly.

Yes, what SunBro describes, I have now also noticed. The camera centres itself faster. With 1.05 there is an improvement in this respect.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thanks for the feedback. It shows I'm on the right track. I will see if I can make further improvements.

BenZ_67, LATE4APEX, SunBro and 2 others like this.
  8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Try this 1.06. It should provide consistent timing (and hence consistent camera movement), whether you're on Windows 10 2004 or not. The sliders in the settings are always going to be a bit more jerky now, but I'm sure we can live with that.

Attached Files:

9. almarm

almarm Racer

Hi.

Do the latest version 1.06 works in VR? If not, will it work the next ones?

Thanks.

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

No, I don't think it will ever work in VR.

11. almarm

almarm Racer

What a pitty... Really RHM were a bit improvement for VR users in AC1.

Ernie likes this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

How can it be, though? RHM works by moving your eye camera. How does that make sense in VR without physically moving your head?

LATE4APEX and anthony galmiche like this.
  13. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Yup. We're back in business. This is pre-2004 levels of responsiveness. Thanks a bunch man!

its.me, LATE4APEX and WallyM like this.
  14. almarm

almarm Racer

I don't know, but I can ensure you that works.

Due in AC you are not able to set a level of "look on board to horizon" (you can set it to 0 or 100), it supusse a great improvement.

I ussually play PCars2 and ACC, both with look to horizon setting and it has not comparison, cause of the filters,
    which make the ascents and descents and especially the slopes produce more natural and comfortable sensations.

In fact, the oval circuits cannot be played in VR with the option to fix the camera to the horizon; only with RHM is possible thanks to its filters.

Ernie, rycil and AndyK70 like this.
  15. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Flawless, it works great, Thanks Wally._;)

WallyM likes this.
  16. its.me

its.me Racer

Yes, also works on my side with Win10 2004. Great work and support, WallyM!

WallyM likes this.
  17. rycil

rycil Simracer

In AC, it is possible to apply 2 head movements at the same time : VR and RHM. So that it is possible to smooth the bumps and the LTH while moving the head in VR. And to be honest RHM makes the difference even in VR.

And unfortunately in ACC, it seems that Track IR API is deactivated in VR :(

@pankykapus : I am calling if you can help or confirm this? Thanks.

Ernie and WallyM like this.
  18. Mikado

Mikado Gamer

Hello, just trying to make it work, done all that is writen in first post, but it is not working at all

19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

20. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Gamer

You are doing something wrong because the app works well.

It could be that you have another headshot app that is causing conflict.