1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion for ACC is here!

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I had this issue with the original version that was written for AC when I migrated to windows 10. I wrote to the original developer however I believe at this stage he had stopped support...

2. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

Great job. That's exactly what I was looking for. I can finally get a view that doesn't bounce and vibrate with the car. Not having a high frequency monitor, those vibrations made the track and everything else slightly blurry. Now the view looks much smoother and I can be even more precise in driving. Thank you!

WallyM and Coanda like this.
  3. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

Does someone have good RH settings please?

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I must be doing something really simple/dumb wrong.
    Nothing appears in the debug windows, all zeros in the top values, with a FPS ctr running, no images either half.

Is there a specific sequence in starting the two programs, ACC and RHM, or how ?

TrackIr is installed on my computer !

Thanks again, LATE4APEX

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

What I would like to see is the motion being finer if that makes sense..the only way I can describe it is the motion of the movement is to smooth it's like your travelling over round top hills and there abit apart from each other so there is a delay betweeen the two directions, where for me it should be pointy hills but are closer together so the movement is quicker in both directions more rapid..just my opinion..;)

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

is it working in VR? I can't get it working properly as it was in AC

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What are you binding look left & right to? On my TRS500, look left & right works just fine while ACC is in the foreground.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I think that smoothness is inherent in the game. Even with RHM not running, when you drive a car over the grass, it bounces up and down pretty slowly due to its suspension, giving that "round top hills" feeling you describe.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

See the first post for my settings.

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What happens?

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It doesn't matter in what order you run the programs.

It must be related to the fact that you have TrackIR on your PC. In the original RHM for AC, Seb wrote:

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated to 1.01 in the first post. I fixed Look Behind. I have no idea if this works in VR or not. It would be good if someone with VR would let us know.

SANDER van DORN [GER] likes this.
  13. rycil

rycil Simracer

The view is completely static and locked to the car. There is no smoothing and delay on the transition uphill/downhill. Also there is no more shaking on bumps.

I have checked the debug window and I can see that the car is detected and I can read values fluctuating.

14. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Is it better than the default helmet cam ?

15. CamsX

CamsX Racer

First of all, thank you both Developers for working on RHM. This is a must have app for AC, as I have been using it for almost 4 years now, with monitor and VR, in drift and grip driving. I've been driving ACC a little bit more lately, and lock to horizon still feels lack luster, so I am really excited to get it working on ACC.

I am also trying to get RHMACC to work on VR, but I am having the same behavior as you. Debug window shows car and reads all things I think it should, but camera is still locked to the car. IT ALSO happens on regular monitor, so it is not related to VR.

Yes, it is a lot better than default cockpit, dash or helmet cam regarding how realistic the movement is perceived. The amount of customization is vastly superior than the game's default options, but it is all about personal preference and taking the time to tweak them.

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated
    1.02, Apr 10 2020 - added Accel G's Pitch, which controls how much the view pitch changes under braking and acceleration.

anthony galmiche, Jakkison and MABR like this.
  17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

As for VR... I don't know. Maybe in VR mode ACC disables all TrackIR input? Does the old RHM work in the old AC with VR?

rycil likes this.
  18. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Hi, thanks for you quick reply. Yes, old RHM works flawlessly with old AC.

Here is a screenshot of both debug windows in RHM, ACC vs AC, not sure if something is missing.

[​IMG]

19. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Clearly, someone is going to have to buy me a VR headset so I can fix this. Any volunteers?

20. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Thanks for the quick reply. I've had a quick look but am a bit daunted by what seems like a lot customisation required.