1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion for ACC is here!

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 8, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

"enableTrackIR": 1,

Just cockpit view.

upload_2020-4-11_19-20-49.png

Thanks again Wally.

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That all looks normal, but in the bottom DEbug Log of the RHM debug window, you should see "
    Init Freetrack Shared memory
    Start Timer"

If there's nothing at all, I would hazard a guess that your real TrackIR is somehow interfering with Freetrack that the game uses. Does RHM for AC work with AC1?

3. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Not sure I have this working correctly - I expected more movement as in helmet cam. I noticed that although I have lock to horizon set to 0 in game, in the camerasettings file it reads as 1. 00000. I'm using Wally's recommended settings.

4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The movement is much more subtle (and in my opinion more realistic) than the seasickness inducing helmet cam. If you want the movement to be more dramatic, increase the values, particularly Accel G's roll & pitch, and the look with steering stuff.

5. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Hi Mate,
    I ccan't save either. which of the windows permissions have to be ticked?

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Heya Nev.. I'm only guessing.. Is the file or parent folder set to read only in the properties..? Do you run the exe via administrator rights..?

7. MABR

MABR Gamer

For me, it worked ONLY in the Dashcam. I then copied the cameraSettings.json and deleted it in the games folder. So the ACC creates a new file. Shortly tested and afterwards it works in Cockpitcam and Dashcam. Then I compared both files and changed the upper and lower values back to the original values. And then it works again with the previous cameraSettings.json. But remember, if this file is only deleted and not saved, ALL camera settings are reset.

8. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

None of the files are set to read only. Have no idea about administrator rights [ only just computer literate and no grand kids available to help out lol]

9. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Hi Wally, Is the video in this thread of RHM being used in AC, representative of how it should be in ACC, because I don't have anywhere near that much roll off kerbs or fore and aft pitching under braking and acceleration.

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha all good matey.. Right click on the RealHeadMotionAssettoCorsaCompetizione.exe file and choose run as administrator.. If that fails then try openining the RealHeadMotionSettings.xml file either in notepad or preferably notepad++ and manually edit the values.. If that fails then crack a cold one and call it a day.. :D

11. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Hi @WallyM, is there a parameter that can delay rotation as a "dead zone"? I mean, if I turn the wheel 5/10 degrees I don't need the view to turn because it is too sensible. I would like the rotation would come in when I need to see the apex of the turn, for ex. more than 10 degrees of steering wheel, or that the rotation increases with increasing degrees of the steering wheel. I hope I explained myself. I'm sure it's there but I don't know what it is. Thank you

12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

Put a Min and Max value in Steer Look Ahead LR (see my screenshot in previous page)

nrc689 likes this.
  13. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I thought was the amount of degrees (look to apex) non the time of intervent

14. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

This is from a post by @magicfr (hope you don't mind me reposting it here) explaining what the different options did in the AC version of RHM:

Legend

Pitch/Roll filter
    : the amount of vibration/bump filtering, the more to the right, the more the head/eyes will remain stable
    Pitch/Roll Min Angle : the angle when the head start to catchup the car orientation, before that it stay lock to world horizon.

Pitch/Roll checkbox : when checked , RHM will use the track Pitch/Roll instead of using the car Pitch/Roll. This information comes from the car tyre contact information.

Steering Look Ahead LR Slider: parameter to have a look left/right when turning wheel left/right the bigger, the more angle it will look left/right.

Steering Look Ahead LR Min Max : range of wheel steering ( 0 to 1 ) to start/stop the Steering Yaw. Example, min 0.25, max 0.75, it will start turn head when steering >025 and it will reach maximum head yaw, when steering reach 0.75

Steering Look Ahead Roll : same but for roll ( lean left right ) when turning steering wheel

Steer Smoothing : Filtering value for Steering input , to smooth the look ahead motion.

Velocity Look LR Slider: parameter to have a look left/right depending on car angular velocity. The angular velocity is the speed of rotation of the car. Note that when sliding sideways , this value is low, because the car is actually not rotating. So for example: for drift purpose, you have to use this parameter and also Steer Look ahead LR to obtain wanted drift behavior ( look on left when sliding left )

Slip Angle Look LR Slider: parameter to have a look left/right depending on angle between car direction and car linear velocity.

Velocity Smoothing Slider: Filtering value for Angular velocity and Slip Angle to smooth.

Accel G Roll Slider: parameter to have a roll left/right depending car G lateral accel. It's NOT G effect on head, it's the motion that driver do to counter G Effect, so when turning right, the head will roll to right

G Accel Smoothing Slider: Filtering value for G lateral accel to smooth.

Please note that Steer Look ahead LR is cumulating with Velocity Look LR: So if you set both to 90° you can have a 180° rotation. Same with Steer Look Roll and Accel G's roll.

*** Edit Box for Min Max values *** Value must be validate with ENTER, background will turn red if value is not validated, if value is not validated it will not be saved to XML file.

Binding Action :

Big button : click to bind a button,key or axis.
    Small button : Unbind action.
    Smoothing slider : To smooth the input
    Dead zone slider: Add a deadzone to input
    Val : current real time value ( take account of smoothing and deadzone )

Angle Settings
    Look Left Right Angle : Amount of angle when looking left right
    Look Shoulder Angle : Amount of angle when looking above shoulder left right
    Look Up Down Angle : Amount of angle when looking up and down
    Pitch Offset : Static pitch offset.

Look over shoulder "simulation"

If you don't bind the look over shoulder button, you can still simulate it, for that you have to press Look Left then Look Right while still holding Look Left, it will do a Look over Left shoulder.
    If you press first Look Right, it will do a Look over right shoulder

Look Behind

Look behind function is a bit special, please read carefully.
    Look behind use the F6 camera, what is doing, is, when you press "Look Behind" it press F6 keyboard on Assetto Corsa
    And when you release "Look Behind" it press F1 to get you back to driving view.
    So you before using this feature, each time you launch A.C. you have to configure F6 camera on the Back view
    To configure, you just need to press F6 several time until getting the back view.

@WallyM - are these all still valid for the ACC version? Also a quick question. Are the values in the Steering Look Ahead LR Min Max the angle in degrees? So does 0.25 = 25°?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  15. its.me

its.me Racer

Great app! For me it works also only in dashcam view and not in cockpit view. Is there another solution than deleting the camerasettings.json?

16. its.me

its.me Racer

Solved: Set LTH and also LWW to "0" directly in camerasettings.json. Now works also in cockpit view.

17. rycil

rycil Simracer

@WallyM . So I have made further tests.
    In 2D on my monitor it is working as intended. I can feel the bump and the view is well filtered. I have even mapped a key for look left and it is working.
    But when I switch in VR. It doesn't work at all. The key for left view is not working and the view is completely static.

It was working well in AC, even in VR. So I guess that ACC doesn't manage track ir in VR.

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

There must be some change within ACC where it now ignores TrackIR inputs in VR mode.

rycil likes this.
  19. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

Problem solved thanks to the post from Vortex 19.
    You have to hit Enter after changing each value to save it.
    Many thanks to all for your assistance.

20. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Sorry for the question... Why people post setting only for the first window and not for the second (look option)? I don't understood if we need also "look option" setting or it's enough the main window. The two windows seems to have very similar options, except for the smooth cursor.