1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion, genuine app in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Otto Bianchi, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Only thing is, that these advantages doesn't applies to triplescreen users the same way as for you singlescreeners.
    The main thing for triples users is that we don't have to select between silly cockpit pitch/roll and steadycam, or bouncing hell aka nausealand. We get the best of both worlds.
    When you sit "in" the car, as when screen is wrapped around you, it feels totally weird when look-to apex or too much headroll is applied, like the car is going another direction than you.

St3fan and Phil64 like this.
  2. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

There might still be an advantage for triples users if you just experiment and maybe turn a lot of the settings way down?

3. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

I think that if the triple screen user has the wheel in the right place, sitting with precision with the virtual cockpit, he should just remove all movement of the cockpit, so no RHM and no g-forces...

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No, not really any advantage, I use RHM purely to cure the issue with the locked/unlocked cam to horizon.
    Settings:
    Pitchfilter: 80%
    Rollfilter: 20%
    I've added a very very small headroll too, just to get a little more G-immersion at hard turns:
    Steer look ahead roll: min. 0.02/max 1.00, max look ahead value 3.00.

No, that looks very un-immersive and too static. Looks like the cockpit is a cardboard glued to the screen and the camera is bolted on to the car and you are watching that bouncing image rather than being in it.
    AC's "best" option is 'unlock camera to horizon' which still have G-forces, but is hard for the eye/brain to endure.
    RHM is the perfect tool for all of us and should be standard ingame, period.

:)

Dennis Neo and Filippo94 like this.
  5. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Hi devs ! Still no answer to the first post? Personnally, this is rather annoying... :(

6. alex72

alex72 Alien

There is a look to apex thread.

Anyway, they cant just implement the mod as it uses 2 programs atm. It has to be written into the sim without using these 3d party apps. But yeah, in the look to apex thread many people have written that they want this function.

I use RHM too as im on 1 monitor. It enhances the driving several tons. Only thing bugging is the camera movement following the wheel is a bit laggy, and i think Sebastien cant properly fix that atm. Doesnt matter - it rocks. Couldnt drive without it now.

Phil64 likes this.
  7. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Sorry but RHM is not only a "look to apex" solution. It's more than that. By the way, I know RHM is still using FreePIE. But Magic confirmed previously he could do without if only he may "access" to Python API SDK.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Would disagree regarding pitch and roll not nearly (!) maxed out.
    I drive with pitchf. on 99% and rollfilter on 98%. While I dont have experience with racingcars or fast cars, sitting in car that drives quite fast and my experience with mountanbiking, the world around me doesnt roll or shake. It really has to hit the car/bike really hard, which mostly isnt the case in AC, that my view gets effected.

And even with 90% pitchf. its hard on the eyes and it feels bad for me personaly.
    While I mostly drive on the Nordschleife now (other circuits just seem rather boring in comparsion, dont know...) its far easier on the eyes and less hard for orientation, besides feeling more realistic and immersive.

In comparsion to camera locked to horizon, there is still a effect of fast rolling or hard pitches, so you recognise it, but it doesnt effect you that much.

But: To each their own and thats the cool thing about the mod, that your individiual preferences are settable.

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Word. I tried everything and I like my settings personally, but they also change back and forth now and then, same as ffb settings etc.

10. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Hello guys, I just got this game for 2 days now, and I'm so excited for how awesome it is!
    But I really don't like how unrealistic the camera moves in the cockpit, feels like ur head sticks to the horizontal and the car is moving up and down. I didn't saw this kind of camera in other sims, it look just stupid in my opinion!
    Is there any option to lock the camera to the car? I'd really wanna enjoy the game with another cockpit camera movement!
    Thanks for answer!

11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hmmm...you should search and find the Real Head Motion app, as discussed upon in this very thread.

12. Diablo_rf

Sorry, I saw ur discussions about this app, but I didn't understood if its working atm or not, and are there any other options to deal with this problem.
    So thanks, I will look about the RHM app!

13. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

14. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

have you tried unticking the "lock camera to horizon" option?

15. Diablo_rf

No, didn't saw it, ty for advice!
    Guys could u share ur configs for RHM?Or is there any posted?

16. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Here is mine with v 0.7.4.0 of RHM but main settings should not change with the updated release :)

[​IMG]

Diablo_rf likes this.
  17. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Still no devs words on this... :(

18. plaid

plaid Alien

They probably are aware, that something like the mod or at least sliders to set something between "camera locked to horizon" on and off are important for many (maybe for them selves, too), but have other things to do first.

I think its pretty essential and one of the two things (pit stops) I would expect from a 1.0, but with the mod there is no need for it at the moment anyway.

19. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

You don't understand, the Kunos team can't really do everything... They are too busy for the moment...

[​IMG]

:D

20. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Seeing I use triple monitors I didn't really see a big need for this but then I tried it, what a great app.

alex72 likes this.