1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion, genuine app in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Otto Bianchi, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

excelent idea.
    I hope Seb gets his shares too :)

2. plaid

plaid Alien

Yupp. While made Kunos a great game, he actually made that small thing that was missing and what made it possible for me to really enjoy the game.

(Talking about the filters for pitches and rolling, not the steering-look).

Dennis Neo likes this.
  3. melon

melon Gamer

+1 from me.
    Even with triple screen setup RHM is amazing, must-have application.

4. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

I must confess I'm quite disapointed that people misunderstand my app for a track IR/whatever head tracking apps.

*It*
    *is *
    *not*

:D

The main feature is simulating inner ear works that instinctly move eyes to supress vibrations and bumps.

So it's even more usefull with triple screen ( I have triple screen ), or low fov configuration.

The look left/right stuff, are *workarounds* because the way TrackIR is implemented in A.C., it disables glances features.

At worst, the Look ahead could be legitimate in the final apps.

But be sure, that I will remove all the glance features in RHM when I'll have something genuine in Python SDK to move the camera.

I'm pretty sure people will complain that the glance feature in RHM is """"" better """"" because it allows analog axis on glance, but, really, it should be better than Assetto Corsa allow player to bind look button on analog axis, instead of having an external Apps fixing that.

So... just so you can get used to what will be the final feature of RHM :

- inner ear simulation : filtering pitch / roll : Calcul methods available : LockToCockpit ( no filtering ), LockToWorldHorizon ( same has AC options ), Inertia , Linear Regression. You will be able to choose different methods for Pitch and Roll independantly
    - Look Ahead : Calcul methods available : Disable , CarSteeringWheel, CarVelocity.

And that's it... I don't want to do more than that because that's the main purpose of this Apps.

Now, I'm not against doing another Apps..... ""improving"" glance functions if neeeded. But It will be better when internal AC glance features will be improved.

Sorry for long post, and , maybe I killed some enthusiasm there, but that's the way I want RHM to work.

Thanks reading.
    Seb

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Remove glance? You will remove looking back over shoulder or did i misunderstand? That feature makes looking back realistic in AC atm.

Using 0.7.8 and it works great though so i can continue using it if future versions change. :)

6. mms

mms Alien

Yupp, that secondary feature confuses ppl, I hope KS devs will understand that they should implement the main feature in AC!!!

7. Luzzifus

Luzzifus Rookie

Since the first early access version of AC the default glance/look back buttons don't work for me. RHM currently is the only way for me to do glances. Also I don't have any TrackIR/Rift related software or drivers installed, never have. Infact I never even had one of these devices. Since Kunos seems to consider this issue fixed, I'll suppose it will stay for me this way. I just can't use it. So I'd be really unhappy if you'd completely remove it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  8. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

Like I said, could be another Apps, like EnhancedGlance<addSuperlativ>LookStuf apps :)
    But RealHeadMotion is about simulating inner ear, and extension about having realistic viewing, so the look ahead feature could fit , but not look behind or other look functions related, I don't like it like this.

Shrubbo likes this.
  9. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Yeah, it could be the solution :). Really hope that Kunos will fix the cams someday... :(

10. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

duh :) can't let you say that, come on, those guys are working there *** off to make this game, day & night. Don't say they must "fix" the cam, it's not a bug, the cam are working like they intended, they make some choice, it's not pleasing everybody, but there are things more important, say you hope they will improve. When they read it it's more nice for them.
    ATM I know they are improving the netcode a lot, it's far more important than having analog glance view or even improving the python api ;)

nonnex likes this.
  11. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

As I wrote above, RHM is more than a "look ahead" app in the sense that it aims to simulate precisely the behavior of the inner ear. And for me what Kunos offers in the state is not realistic and makes us rightly uncomfortable once in the car. Already we lack sensations in simracing if more false information is introduced, it kills the fun. However I am personally in favor of the look ahead / apex is retained in the final application. Otherwise, I will continue to use RHM in the state. In all cases, it's up to you Sébastien :D

Dennis Neo likes this.
  12. antz360

antz360 Gamer

Do you use single screen?

13. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Yeah, you're right...
    Sorry Kunos :)

14. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Yes (27'' and FOV 46).

15. antz360

antz360 Gamer

Cool I'll try em out.

16. rycil

rycil Simracer

I am using triple screens 27" at 80 cm distance from the eyes. The FOV is configured as it should be with the AC apps. So I can say that I AM in the car :).

However, I get ill within about 30 min if I am not using RHM.

Since the last update, third apps are broken because of too much stutter and bad effect on the fps, I can't so much play my favorite game anymore.

So two solutions : KS includes this feature in AC or hopefully they optimize the new graphic engine and then We would be able to run external app as before.

I hope the situation will be restored very soon.

Thank you KS team for this great game and your support.

Filippo94 likes this.
  17. plaid

plaid Alien

This simply needs a bump, so: *BUMP*

Filippo94 likes this.
  18. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

lol yes it does. I couldn't stand to run AC without it now.

19. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

Had do deinstall the RHM Mod because of lags on Snoopy`s Nordschleife with that Mod.But i miss it so much.

20. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. While I didnt deinstalled it. Dont know whats worse, playing without RHM or having stutters. I take a break. :p

Qwaribo likes this.