1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Realistic Pit-Stop times

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Poguinhas, May 1, 2016.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Am planning to make an endurance race with GT2 cars, then I realized that in AC the ideal strategies will feature way more pitsops than in real life, since in AC you lose around 20s by making a stop, as opposed to real life, where in the Blancpain Endurance for instance, there's a minimum 90s time between pit entry and pit exit. So instead of going for hour long stints, you can even go less than half an hour, using low fuel and soft tyres, which for me kind of spoils the endurance part of nursing the tyres, saving fuel, keeping the car in one piece.

So I wonder if we could have pitstops times as if there was only two people working on the car, and not those 4 guys standing ready at the wheels like on Formula one, which not only make for unrealistic pit stops, but also make for a very stupid animation. If we could keep inside the car instead of that view from top during stops it would also be really nice.
    Thank you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Assetto Corsa Realistic Data making Sep 12, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Realistic look mirrors [No wishlisting - especially on repeat] Nov 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Realistic physics? Aug 29, 2021
    Screens & Videos Classic Cars Trackday at Feldbergring | Realistic Graphics | Porsche 911 RS 2.7 1973 Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Most realistic Image customisation? Feb 20, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt | Realistic Trackday Feb 10, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres - Anyone have the realistic F1 1990's qualifyers? Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Gameplay plans for more realistic damage mode Feb 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions plans for more realistic damage mode Feb 18, 2020
    ACC Physics Realistic Braking Force Feb 10, 2020
    General modding discussion Realistic Custom Car & Racetrack Build, Timings and Resourcing Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Realistic Seat/View position Nov 17, 2019

3. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Word. I'd love the option to turn the tyre change animation completely off. I'd rather just stay in cockpit view, like it does when you pit for refuel/repair. I can appreciate KS put some work into that tyre change animation, but I can really do without it, totally destroys the immersion.
    I also agree the option to adjust length of pitstop time would be nice. I wonder if it's moddable through an ini setting...?

Phil64 and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

You could increase the tyre wear..

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

That would do the opposite of what I'm suggesting. What I'm saying is: In real life endurance races have drivers making really long stints, because pit stops take a long time and pitting every half hour wouldn't make up for the time lost in the pits. While in AC, since pit stops are so quick people make way shorter stints than in real life.
    By increasing tyre wear one of two things would probably happen, either people would make even more stops, or they would start running on harder tyres, but making as many stops as before. The effect I'm expecting is that people go for longer stints on harder tyres and higher fuel loads.

6. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Or keep the annimation but also stay in cockpit view. Why they didn`t do this in the first place I`ll never know.

I`ve not been digging through INI files for a while, so i might just go have a look . . . :)

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Please do! You'll be my hero if you can spare me of that awful camera every time I make a pit stop.

8. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Yes, pit-stop times like in Formula One. Agree not realistic.

Also damage fix time at pit-stop is broken as well in 1.5... takes 1 sec to fix any damage... - but this is known issue and will be fixed.

I with there would be an option for REALISTIC PIT-STOP TIME for all cars. If it is F1 - 2-4 seconds, if GT3 car - I guess 10-20? and etc

grat and Ufo aka Juggalo like this.
  9. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I guess that the best answer to the issue would be to let the server set the options for the pit stop: whether refueling, changing tires and repairing can be made at the same time or one after the other, the time for changing tires, etc.

Forcing long pit stops in any and all games would annoy many casual players and IRL pit stop rules are quite different from one serie to another.

Poguinhas likes this.
  10. grat

grat Simracer

Hi, did we hear anything about the "fix any damage in few seconds" thing? As it is now, you can change an engine,a gearbox, and a pair of panels in less time than it takes to change tyres...

PS: I agree I would prefer to stay in cockpit view and just hear some random noises ;)

11. Duct tape would fix any damage within seconds, check some Nascar racing :)

Sent using Tapatalk

12. grat

grat Simracer

Duct tape or WD40. Depending on the need. ;)

sacredaardvark likes this.
  13. The pit stop times are defined in the physics files (car.ini specifically), so unless Kunos go through and change each one (and hopefully add a few options...No tire change -if not no work at all- while fueling please?), we're out of luck. Mod cars, on the other hand, can have proper timing, but still with the lack of aforementioned options.