1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Realtime app for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by falkeGT, Dec 15, 2018.

1. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

Hi guys,

will there be a realtime app like in AC?
    Since MP started in ACC I noticed how heavyly I rely on that app when leaving pits and in race, even in VR.
    Something like helicorsa would be absoloutely great, too.

cheers falke

Arckeron, Echo_, Xero and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime App - Change color? Jun 17, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime App name lenght May 20, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Driver name overwrites laptime in Realtime App Aug 21, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime app showing wrong deltas Aug 14, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime App May 20, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime app to dark Apr 10, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime app gaps to cars ahead aren't working properly Oct 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Turn off driver names always? i use the new realtime app and no need for names Sep 3, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues How to change the opacity of the new realtime app? Aug 21, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Stefano's realtime app Aug 15, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes [request] realtime telemetry "essentials" app Jan 11, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC User Interface hud.json - how does "realtimeStandingPitFilter" work? Apr 29, 2021
    General modding discussion Realtime data plugin - what can we expect? Aug 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ac requirements and realtime requirements Jul 27, 2014

3. Xero

Xero Gamer

I think a realtime app is vital in sim racing, so fingers crossed we eventually get one. Without it, ACC races can get rather muddled and confusing.

mr Switchblade and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  4. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

+1 to real-time with how many pitstops

5. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

+2
    in the manner of RSR live timing.

6. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Sorry but, what is a real time app ?
    Is it an app to install on a smartphone or tablet, we can see some of them in some rig pictures.

7. tabis

tabis Simracer

It is an APP from AC

You can see who is in front/behind you with the time difference

[​IMG]

8. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

OK !
    Well, now I need it... :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Do real drivers have that info?

10. Xero

Xero Gamer

From their race engineer, yes.

banquer and After_Midnight like this.
  11. I would think yes. Maybe not visual but the pitcrew should tell this info to the driver.

12. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I only started playing ACC last night and first 8mpressions are very good. I didn’t see any obvious way to get th8ngs like Crew Chief, RsDash or my button box working however. Am I missing something or is it just too early for his sort of support?

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

14. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

What we need above anything else for multiplayer is something that tells you when there is a car who is overlapping with you on either side. This could be a spotter, something like Heli Corsa or even just a change in colour of the red proximity indicators that we currently have.

My preference is a Heli Corsa style hud item but any will do.

At the minute it's just total guess work to know whether you can take the line in a corner or not or whether you need to leave room and it makes competing (this game is all about competition after all) on line very difficult.

Arckeron likes this.
  15. First we'll need a working multiplayer ;)

16. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Fair point! I'm kind of assuming that it's a given that the multiplayer will work come the launch of 1.0 though. Maybe I'm naive! ....

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You can look left and right with assigned buttons, just like in real life for now.

18. I hope it too :) Because 99.99% multiplayer on my side :)

19. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

AC's realtime app doesn't work properly. It's worse with large gaps between cars, often varying by as much as 30 seconds during a single lap.

From what I remember it displays position on track rather than in the race, so following a lapped car will show it as immediately ahead of you. I also recall that if you got over half a lap ahead of a car, the realtime app would display it as being ahead of you.

Sadly - but unsurprisingly- I've seen similar weirdness in the time gaps displayed in ACC. For example the S2 time coming out of the Nurburgring's being 10 seconds different to the time when you cross the finish line.

Really don't understand how Kunos manage to consistently make a mess of this stuff.

20. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

Hi BrunUK,

[From what I remember it displays position on track rather than in the race, so following a lapped car will show it as immediately ahead of you....]

Thats the good part of it plus it displays the to be lapped cars in a differend colour. So you know if it's a backmarker or a fight for position.
    You can also see the postion in race as there are the numbers in front of the drivers name.

I cannot anything negative in this app, it's really helpful - I've got it always on and would love to have in ACC too.

cheers falke

21. I think there will be something similar later in ACC. With some Blancpain style :)