1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

rear slip feel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rawky, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Rawky

Rawky Rookie

Hey guys,

So im fairly new with Assetto but i cannot get any oversteer feel in my t300 no matter what i do, i have tried changing slip effect to huge numbers which makes the wheel vibrate slowly with any slip which is still not useful. What im looking for is clear feedback as soon as the rear loses traction in the wheel like a high-frequency vibration or something. Ive tried ffb guide im using LUT and FFB clip. It seems either the wheel just cannot provide such a nuanced feedback or i cant feel what im supposed to be feeling. Ive searched through this entire forums as well nobody talks about so maybe its only me. The reason i need this feedback is to counter any snap oversteer from cars instead of looking for visual cues when the car is already mid-spin.

Thanks for any response on this

Phil64 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Maserati MC20 GT2 loss of (rear) grip Feb 28, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Como crear servidor, con varias clasificaciones y carreras Oct 9, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche GT3 992 Rear View Monitor Jul 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Rear Axle configuration Feb 4, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Rear-steer issue - new install Aug 2, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nissan GTR 2018 Rear light bug Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Physics Car stuck rear tyres spinning Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars M4GT3 logo on rearside LOD Problem Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Interior rear camera screen always off [Mirrors disabled] Sep 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rear mirrors in sunshine problem Jul 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Rear view mirror pixelated Jul 8, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 488 GT3 Evo - Rinaldi Racing #95, upside down ACC logo on inside of rear wing end plate Jul 8, 2021
    ACC User Interface Info bubble on right rear rebound damper Jul 5, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions McLaren 720S rear view camera Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Sun creates glare/bloom from digital display camera rear view mirror Mar 20, 2021

3. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

What other sims do you play where slip if communicated this way? Can you not feel the wheel lighten when the tires slip?

RE3 has a canned slip effect that adds a gritty scrub feel to the slip. But it's canned. Turn it off, and slip is communicated by wheel weight (lighter), like other sims.

4. Rawky

Rawky Rookie

I play PC2 as well and the issue is the same. So i should be feeling for steering wheel lightening? same as understeer?

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

There is nothing in AC that can let you know through ffb what is happening at the rear. There are some user-made apps that can give you visual colored cues about slip ratios but that's pretty much it.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

just use default ffb and practice

Most of my oversteer feel is probably visual, thats why i don't use "realistic" fov with my 24inch single monitor, but you also should feel a bit of direction change in FFB too, but perhaps visual reference would be the most immediate

arthur666 likes this.
  7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am curious why you say that.
    In my g27 , rear slip is making my wheel trying to pull to opposite lock. Actually, I don't know how but AC gives me the best rear feel from all sims I own.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Tberg, Opel-King, Kristaps and 7 others like this.
  8. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

One way to achieve this feel is to install a seat mounted buttkicker and use the Sim commander setting "suspension texture".

This is quite expensive but it works & I really don't think there's a better way to do it short of a motion rig.

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I just drove with my T300, and I don't feel any lack of feel to understand what rear end of a car is doing.

10. Nao

Nao Alien

The best way to feel oversteer in ffb is actually learning to control it. Firstly, tank slappers are a symptom of too understeery car. It's because of the understeer you have little to no feedback on status of the rear tyres, and also driving such car gives false sense of security until it's too late and it snaps, so loosen it up!

Also don't think there is any quick way around this so practice! I'd highly recommend taking a drift car, for example old Toyota AE86 Drift is a good starter and driving it fast around the racetrack, after 100 laps you'll become much more comfortable (and faster) in difficult race cars :p

vlado Cro and capt nasties like this.
  11. Rawky

Rawky Rookie

any chance you can throw me your ffb settings?

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed.

I catch snap oversteer events with my G27, before I could even think about reacting to a visual input.

I am "automatically" reacting to FFB changes in the wheel to catch snap oversteer.

I don't know how, or if AC is doing this, I only know it works as it should.

13. Haiden773

True, the FFB is derived from the front tires, but when the rear slips, you can still feel how the car's rotation from oversteer affects the front tires, and the FFB in your sim wheel should lighten. It's a pretty basic concept. I catch and control oversteer with it all the time. I feel it before I see the rotation in the FOV. In fact, by the time you see the oversteer induced rotation, you're probably closer to losing it than you are being able to correct it.

14. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Car rotation is making the wheel go light, not rear tyres slipping. OP specifically asked for slip feedback.

Been driving on the limit and catching slides before FFB existed. Not sure how I have managed that now apparently.

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

When a car "rotates", it generally does so around the front.

Which means the rear is "slipping"

Which is why one feels the car rotating because the rear is "slipping", through the steering wheel.

hristo1026, liakjim and Haiden773 like this.
  16. Haiden773

Yes. It's the rotation making the wheel light, which is what I said. But what the OP said was...

"...i cannot get any oversteer feel in my t300 no matter what i do,"

That's what he was actually looking for, detecting oversteer, and he can get that by using the lightness that comes through the FFB when the rear slips.

As for your slide catching ability... Kudos! But I don't recall anyone saying FFB was a requirement for catching slides.

17. Nao

Nao Alien

@Haiden773 and @LATE4APEX
    Hmm, actually i call bollocks on being able to catch the rear slipping through ffb. The moment you feel lighter ffb case is already lost because both front and rear are above limit, and the delay in catching it is big (human reaction time + time needed to unwind steering enough to start reducing front lateral force).

Really, take a empty track close your eyes and try to catch it. It just won't work (unless it's maserati 250 or something).

Yes ffb helps but indirectly - by feeling the spot (bump, top of the hill etc.) where your brain knows the car will oversteer and answering that with preemptive wheel movement, but thats about it. Also in many cases of oversteer (like overheated tyres) rear slides before front is out of grip so there is no lightness in ffb until it's all over.

18. André57

André57 Racer

Not really shure that I can feel the lost of rear grip through the steering FFB but when the car is well seat in the curve I can feel a pressure in the steering wheel, like holding the car into the curve. If the car lost grip that pressure get lighter, the vision angle begin to shift and I usely countersteer fast enough to keep the car on track. When the car regain grip there is a very noticible kick in the steering then I turn the wheel very fast and strong in the curve direction most of the time a little more than necessary for a breaf time than when the car is realigned with the track I keep going toward the curve exit. Of course during this time my right foot adjust the throttle to help regaining control. I don't know if it make sense but it is the best description I could give considreing that english is not my primary language.

Anyway this is a very interrseting question and I should pay more attention to what's happen, and it will improved my driving to do so.
    Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

19. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

for me it is mostly camera yaw together with tire sound. A realistic FOV (as low as possible) makes it easier to detect yaw movements and makes it better judgeable.

20. esox71

esox71 Alien

In AC I can feel both what the front and rear is doing at the same time keeping the tires on the edge of adhesion, feels awesome.(T500)

21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

For the rear my G25 pulls in the direction of yaw encouraging me to counter steer, that’s the way it feels anyway. For the front the steering lightens on understeer.

I have gyro effect enabled.