1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reducing curbs ffb?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mathieu Labbé, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is any way to reduce the ffb vibrations coming from the curbs?

I live on a second floor and although I made significant improvements to my rig recently (thanks to nice people from this forum), these vibrations are really too strong and making it impossible for me to drive during evenings (the only time I have to drive).

The feedback from the road itself is nothing compared to what the curbs are producing, so lowering the force feedback makes it very hard to feel the road feedback. I'm using a CSWv2 and I always calculate the ffb gain with the ffb clip app.

Any help is welcome!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds GPU Core Clock reducing itself since 1.11 Dec 23, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Reducing shadow resolution affects perfomance in both ways!! Aug 16, 2015
    General modding discussion Reducing polys Jun 10, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Help me find a thread.. (Input lag reducing, etc..) Jan 24, 2014
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Redurce FFB on Curbs Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [Old issue]Silverstone curbs overhaul Aug 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Missing on curbs Mar 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB When running on curbs, loosing traction and abs turning on Dec 27, 2020
    ACC Physics High frequency vibration on flat curbs Dec 26, 2020
    ACC Physics V12 Vantage stuck in limiter over crest or curbs May 4, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Some curbs on Spa are missing ff May 3, 2020
    ACC Physics ACC curbstone ffb on transducer Apr 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Setup suspensions curbs Oct 4, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Cars goes under the track on curbs Jul 20, 2019
    ACC Physics Some curbs in Monza are impossible to use May 4, 2019

3. Do you have kerb effects on?

Other than setting that to 0, and lowering gain, I don't think there is a way to reduce it. Perhaps you'll have to avoid the kerbs.

Perhaps someone else knows something.

4. ekzotic

ekzotic Rookie

5. Here's something that is used often for drums. Even if you have electric drums, the bass drum pedal can cause too much vibrations/noice for buildings that aren't very good with noise isolation.
    What you need is tennis balls and some plywood. There is variety of ways you can produce such platform, but here are couple really easy and cheap ways to make a good looking solution that works wonders with a sim rig to isolate those vibrations from the floor.

If your wheel is making the rattle (like G25/27 gear driven noise makers), well that's not healthy for the wheel either, so someone else can help with that.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  6. Mathieu Labbé

7. Horus

Horus Alien

So you are after something like a Night mode, I know a few people that could do with something that keeps the FFB but removes the noisy curbs. Maybe if you are persistent Lord Kunos might make a button/night mode to remove the louder parts of the FFB. Good luck.

8. lol it won't even cross my mind.. FF gain can be adjusted at various levels between game and drivers, filters and whatnot... it's simply ridiculous to expect more.

Horus and hallster like this.
  9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Is Filter still safe to use or has different effects than in the past? I'm asking because there were changes with dampening but idk if with filter as well. Does Filter only make ffb smoother or alters anything else? For me is also pretty rough when going over 3d kerbs with the G27.

10. Mathieu Labbé

Is there a Fanatec equivalent for this Filter thing? I'm not aware of anything like that for CSWs. I can always fiddle with on wheel menu settings, but then the road ffb will be affected as well.

11. kevje

kevje Racer

G27's are built in such a way that it makes a lot of noise over certain kerbs, there is no solution to that other than damping. But you obviously dont want to use so much damping your FFB becomes borderline useless...

For the more expensive wheels, I dont actually know how to reduce it. All I can say is, kerbs in AC are already a bit softer compared to rF2. Maybe if someone has both games and the same wheel he could test it for you.

12. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

Turn ffb kurb effects lower i have it on like 20% in options . can't stand it

13. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Increase filter. The filter is a low pass filter which means that the higher your setting the more it cuts the high frequency stuff out. Kerbs and road noise are high frequency so those are cut first. But if you put the filter too high it starts to cut off important parts of the ffb. Like caster, weight movement of the car and self aligning torque. You know you have gone too far if your wheel wants to keep rotating after you have centered your wheel on corner exit.

14. Mathieu Labbé

All effects are off already. Its just that the difference between road feedback and curbs feedback is so huge. I was just wondering if there was a way to tame this feedback via ini files or within CSWv2 settings/drivers.

15. Mathieu Labbé

I will try that, thanks a bunch for the explanation, I didnt know about that setting.

16. Mathieu Labbé

Filter definitely helps, I cranked it up to 80% and it cuts the curbs nasty vibrations but does not alter the feedback from the road too much. At least with the Elise S at Silverstone. Thanks for the suggestion!

esox71 and ears1991 like this.
  17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

80%!

Could you maybe share rest of your ffb settings?

18. Mathieu Labbé

Gain: 100% (tuned down with the in game setting)
    Filter: 80% (0 normally, only using this to reduce the curbs vibration at night)
    Min force: 2%

All effects: off
    Enhance understeer: unchecked

Fanatec control panel settings: 900 deg and 100 damper

On wheel settings: Sen: auto, FF: 100, Sho: 100, For: 100, Dri: 3, Abs: off, Dmp: off.

Its working great to reduce peak vibrations, and from my short testing, it doesn't alter road/weight transfer feedback too much. Its better with filter at 0 of course, but this will help for late nights :)

esox71 likes this.
  19. esox71

esox71 Alien

Do you feel understeer with this unchecked dude?

20. Mathieu Labbé

Yes I do. Steering feels light when locking the fronts and when they starts gripping again, the steering becomes heavier again as the tyre load is building up. I never tried that setting though, I guess I never felt the need to!

esox71 likes this.