1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Regarding the next update (possibly 0.23)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by wedge_one, Sep 7, 2014.

1. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

I'll wait for this =)

And thanks, Si3v.

2. where is todays update? even nothing sayings it has been delayed?

3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

who is @wedieyounge quoting above??

not really a fan of kunos deciding mums the word at this juncture either.

4. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

.........No update today... we are working for the release of a v1.0 RC that will be the last in Early Access.

HellzWind likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

@Albert McSaltens
    There is no update. They are trying to finish a beta-version/release candiate in the next weeks, wtih much more features, I assume.

@yusupov
    Hes quoting a statement from Kunos.

HellzWind and yusupov like this.
  6. yusupov

yusupov Alien

don't impersonate AC team members, edit by mod

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Who tried that? Why do you instantly insult him?

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

because impersonating a team member is a **** move, at best.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

Ah. Cause he probably failed to quote properly, you assume that he impersonated staff-members. After that you insulted him.
    If my previous sentence properly discribes the situation, what do you think about your reaction?

10. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Me?...Wasn't trying too? that's your opinion

11. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Thanks

12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i think he should be old enough to know how to use quotation marks or give credit for others words by now. oh, youre about to point out thats not what i think about my reaction so this can go on longer? im perfectly fine with my reaction. have a pleasant day :)

13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Check the news in this forum. They have gotten beta testers on board, and im guessing thats because they have a whole bunch of new stuff that needs to be tested before release. Before they have released smaller parts which they could easier test themselves. So with the need for beta testers now stating that they need to test new systems and stuff it could mean RC is on its way. Or at least some brand new stuff in between now and RC.

14. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

I just hope they include a sample pit refuel/damage fix and a properly damage system for this RC, nothing more nor less for this year... and for sure the Dream Pack DLC. ;)

15. Beta testers had been signing a NDA already. I'm not one of them and I have no insider information... but I'm guessing the beta will include testing of:

Fmod, all the rest of the cars and tracks, new MP code/mode, damage, career mode, rudenmentary pit stops

Deatroy and Martyn like this.
  16. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Yes, correct they are working on beta testing now.

So without decent AI, many MP issues, no flags, minimal damage, no weather, no pit-stops, no career mode, at least 3 unreleased tracks, better sounds and graphics needed plus a history of taking at least twice as long as they first thought it will take months and months before we see a single update most likely.

If you weren't interested in beta testing, forgot apply for the beta test or you didn't get accepted becuase you live in the wrong time zone or they didn't like your system specs, then forget about any update until probably sometime in 2015.

17. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

I hope you're right. I think they really need to get things moving so that they can release an RC before the time pCars lands. It will be an all out battle for the Christmas shopping season.

18. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Surely pcars is just going to be another simcade title? That's what seems to make money...big budget simcades, and that's what is written on Slightlymad's CV. Sure, they say it will be a simulation, but come on, really? Looks like a graphics heavy, physics weak, career based simcade. Surely it's not a rival for AC, AC has some excellent physics in the tire temps, road and ffb.

If slightlymad have really gone to the same level of physics as Kunos, then great, I doubt it somehow.

Enzo Martin likes this.
  19. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

I'm not part of the pCars early access but from speaking to people who are they tell me that SMS have come a long way in terms of physics. I'm not suggesting it will be as good as AC but then again from the perspective of shear gaming immersion (lighting, weather, environmental effects) they're a long was ahead of AC.

In any case, that was not my point. People only have so much time (and money) to spend on gaming and with The Crew (which I have beta tested) and pCars scheduled for November release Kunos need to get things moving or they're going to miss out on the biggest sales opportunity of the year

Nuk3m and Lucas - Xtremepsionic like this.
  20. yeah, I worry Kunos might not have done enough to attract greater audience. If they aim for the hardcore sim racers, honestly I don't know if they're going to get more sales than they already have. Most sim racers already love AC. So it's the non-hardcore guys that's gonna bring in the money, but will anyone who hasn't tried AC or Pcars really pick AC over Pcars? I mean, look at the visuals, the tracks, the cars, the features, Pcars is way ahead.

Personally I don't care for Pcars very much, because I love how AC drives. I've been with Pcars since it began so I've tried it on and off every couple of months. I just hope Kunos make a lot of money so they can continue development!

Enzo Martin and WallyM like this.