1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

REMEMBER to clean you computer coolers and check thermal paste every now and then!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jsTrecu, Aug 28, 2016.

1. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

TL;DR : Gained 318 MHz (+34%) clock on my GTX760, by changing a thermal paste that wasn't doing its job anymore, cleaning the cooler, and adjusting the fan curve.

So after the update I wanted to do some tests to see how much the performance improved and if my framerate really increased as much as I thought. I use a GTX760 SC from EVGA.

Enabled the OSD from EVGA Precision X and realized that even tho my graphics card was peaking at 80 ºC which is the cap I set when I installed it, to maintain that temperature it was thermal throttling and the core clock decreased down to 936 MHz. This card has a base clock of 1072 MHz with a Boost of 1137 MHz as default.

Had to rise the temperature cap to 95 ºC and fan speed to 100% (from around 60% stock) to allow the card to reach its factory clocks, which is insane.

So I opened the case, pulled the card out, cleaned the cooler (wasn't very dusty tbh) and also changed the thermal paste, which I'm totally convinced was the culprit because it was rock hard.

Now not only my card reaches its factory clocks, I was able overclock it to 1254 MHz, and it remains there without any kind of throttling because the core temperature always stays below 80 ºC, fan at 70%.

Take care of you computer, especially in Summer :D

Matty28 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Been away for a while - Colours do not seem as vibrant as I remember them? Dec 12, 2022
    ACC User Interface Can Pit MFD remember PSI changes for next auto selection tyre set? Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Steam automatically launch in SteamVR mode/remember launch choice? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0.10 ACC won't remember my control settings Oct 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Why doesn't the performance delta remember the best lap? Mar 8, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event] Remembering Ayrton Senna Jan 5, 2019
    ACC User Interface Make game remember last loaded setup Sep 17, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #82 - A day to remember May 28, 2018
    Chit Chat Room I remember F1 Mar 21, 2018
    Suggestions Remember favourite setups Jul 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room WRC 2017, remember group B? Jan 29, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues BMW E92 Drift not remembering Brake balance setting when session restarts Jul 13, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Profile not "remembering" Dec 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Remember to turn off ca guys :-) Dec 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room I don't remember. show live-classification stripe. Mar 16, 2015

3. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

How dare you let your paste go off... shame on you. Sadly there is no authority to report you to for cruelty to hardware :D

4. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Since I put filters on the intake fans of my case I don't have to clean it more than once a year, completely forgot to change the paste last time :oops: