1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Reporting of a user using a Pirated version of Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bekim, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bekim

Bekim Rookie

Edited since I cannot delete the thread.

Apparently I am the bad guy and I am the one who should be banned for reporting to Kunos someone who is using a pirated version of the game and that has admitted it on their official channels. People were defending the man, excuses about low income to buy games, potential customer, and preventing the use of starforce DRM etc...

Some even found it to be a joke.

Well, I still stand by my original thought, that piracy is stealing and not fair to us who genuinely bought the game and I was trying to do a good thing.

In saying that, I want nothing to do with this anymore

Last edited: May 8, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Reporting abusive language Jan 6, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Reporting Cheaters Jan 6, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting reporting minor bug on single player (merc TC resetting to 2) Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards reporting system. Dec 12, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions We need a reporting thread Jul 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Reporting crashes and troubleshooting Mar 2, 2019
    Console Lounge Pc vs console bug reporting. Feb 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 1.12 online cut reporting - what is it? Feb 14, 2017
    Bug reports Reporting Console Bugs Feb 3, 2017
    Console Lounge Reporting idiots Dec 15, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PLEASE READ - PlayStation 4 Issues / Bug Reporting Aug 31, 2016
    XBox One Discussions PLEASE READ - Xbox One Issues / Bug Reporting Aug 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is there a method for reporting drivers intentionally wrecking ? Aug 23, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Lights from car 0 (???), reporting as reversed!!! May 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Unfairly banned from rsr for reporting in their forum the ability to lower the times with a simple t Apr 23, 2015

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

Images are too low resolution to read... anyway you should have just privately emailed the devs rather than making a thread.

alex72, D27 and Pulley like this.
  4. Bekim

Bekim Rookie

hopefully fixed the low res images...I'll try and see if I can private message the devs. Thanks

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I've seem some discussion re pirated copies, and some had contentions that it even promotes increased sales. But they don't get all updates, either in a timely fashion, or any at all.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Any user with negative steam check will be banned from the forum and thats about all that can be done by devs. If someone pirates and wants official support their brain functions in rather strange ways and are beyond help.

People will always pirate stuff and they realy arent costing money as they likely dont ever buy anything. If they cant pirate something they just wont use it but some may actually buy the product in the end.

Most likely pirates wont be able to race online and this is the main reason its unlikely to have a direct connection between users in a p2p format.

If anti piracy methods are so extreme they effect genuine customers in a negative way then thats a bad thing.

Pirates will always beat any system but if software is good enough many people will gladly pay to support future development. And the worst thing you want is crap that is a complete nyisance for genuine customers more then anything else.

Shaddix, Horus, TCLF and 2 others like this.
  7. Juutas

Juutas Racer

I suggest to send straightly to devs about this. I think it's not polite to say real name even here about this matter. Piracy is crime yes and should be punished with counter measures. Devs should do what they do.
    And sometimes people trolls in internet too... so let's wait devs response!

o0thx11380o and Pulley like this.
  8. Bekim

Bekim Rookie

I've sent to devs but I'll leave this open unless devs want me to remove it

9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Dial 911.

Saliiim likes this.
  10. MaxDamage75

MaxDamage75 Gamer

or call cyberpolice !

:) :) :)

D27, o0thx11380o and Dick Forrest like this.
  11. Bekim

Bekim Rookie

Nice fan base you have here Kunos, seems to be a joke to everyone. Ok, well if ripping off the devs of thier work doesn't seem to be much of an issue to everyone as much as I thought than screw it.

Delete this thread

Bram and alex72 like this.
  12. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I would say, delete this thread and ban you for breaching privacy.

Rivvern likes this.
  13. Rivvern

Rivvern Rookie

I agree with TCLF.

I dont want to discuss the neverending piracy story.
    What i do know is that many people who downloaded illegal copies later will buy the software to be able to get the latest patches and other features, like multiplayer.
    The developers should see them as potential customers, and not thiefs.

I think Bekim is the bad guy here hanging out a person with name and all.

14. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

No offence Bekim, but if every dev would see things they way you do, we would be using starforce DRM for most games and we all know how well that worked.
    He is right, nothing you can do about it, or the devs, besides, like he said, he IS a potential new customer because of a pirated copy. I suggest you look up more on this topic from BOTH sides. The world is not black and white, you know. Many developers have seen and realised that. They can go the way of whiny pop singers (Lilly Allen anyone) and millionaire rappers who cry because of lost sales due to piracy (record companies, managers, etc stole more money from them than piracy could ever) or they can man up and make this THE defining sim so it is unpassable. It's a harsh reality but it is reality.

The only really sad thing about it is that AC is a tremendous value for money, other people charge $60 for a lot less content and polish.

Also, naming and shaming in public is not a nice thing to do.

monsterZERO, cerebus23 and D27 like this.
  15. Metal

Metal Racer

-

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  16. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

17. Horus

Horus Alien

Personally I would like to see them lose all their paid for steam games, if the real name matches a Steam account. I can see why people would download a ripped off game, but to proudly boast about it, they must have mental health issues. As for naming and shaming 'GOOD ON YOU OP', you did the right thing in my eyes. The best post is the one by Martcerv, well thought out and expressed. Let's hope their next download is riddled with virus' and key loggers and maybe some encryption pests.

edit: Metal, it's called SAVING! I have bought one full priced game in the last year (outside of cheap bundle deals), yes that one game was AC. :)

edit of edit: Jack_NL, you have to come around and clean the tea off of my monitor, brilliant post, absolutely outstanding.

FishforRent likes this.
  18. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Piracy is one of the reasons why most of the former Race07 public server are now password protected (as our own is now protected, too). With this damned SKIDROW pirated version of Race07 are coming so much stupid idiots to simracing. Dear Dev`s, please find some possibility, to prevent AC Dedicated Server joining with pirated AC`s. A proper working ban list for the Dedivated Server would be necessary, too.

People, where are using pirated games, have no privacy rights left. There is no reason to remove such threads.

ChokDK, Ray HT and Juutas like this.
  19. Metal

Metal Racer

I got AC for 22 euros, coudn't afford biger pprice. But i got it!

20. It is no big deal. People who would pirate the glory that is AC would likely not be good drivers anyway, and they probably are using keyboard only. Not even the mouse.

21. mibrandt

mibrandt Hardcore Simmer

I agree 100% with TCLF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.