1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rip open wheel multiplayer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Peter Burke, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

We'll miss open wheel racing online in AC. In particular the F1 beasts. They were a wonderful use of AC physics and on track gameplay. Sure the public servers can be nightmares, but sometimes a full grid would get through turn 1 then even 2. This worked for a while. Then week after week less people would show up. Then nothing; not even on weekends. I can't find a single decent (unlocked) open wheel server with people in it. The servers are there, just empty. Maybe you're all so fast that you're invisible and neither I nor timing and scoring can see you. Nope you are just not there.

I am officially declaring Open wheel MP racing in AC dead.

Yes I see the Formula Abarth Championship thread below mine. Is that all we can hope for?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC] Drivingitalia GT Series season 2: subscription open Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Failed to Open Descriptor File error Sep 15, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track grip settings Mar 4, 2024
    ACC Physics Maserati MC20 GT2 loss of (rear) grip Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple monitor Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Green Grip Level Apr 21, 2023
    Screens & Videos Triple monitor Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 4070 ti for Triple 1440p monitors? Apr 12, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Last week I had a race at Mugello with ferrar 312t. But a few months ago I raced more the lotus formula exos (s1). But there was much cheating with the exos s1 at monza...

Will see after v1.1 and dlc release, we'll have flags and penalty system., and nords is also good for open wheelers.

ZachRacer88 likes this.
  4. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

5. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Public servers are for the part time gamers.
    There's been no new content for a while, so they're bored and playing other things (or coming up with dumb schemes to try make developers release more content quicker).
    Once there's some more new content, they'll be back for a few days, then they'll be bored again and leave.
    The only longevity is in leagues and clubs.

Turk, Cote Dazur, WallyM and 2 others like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

One reason that they dont play on public servers might be because its a crash party and not because they are tired of the content. I guess most people just have went on to leagues or just doing hotlaps.

insomnia likes this.
  7. pojkofd00m

pojkofd00m Gamer

I'm not a all into open wheel racing but, I don't see how creating a thread saying open wheel racing is dead will (as you seems to wish) re-launch the hype for that type of racing.

Maybe you could try creating your own league, propose yourself to administer an open wheel public server with some specific rules or organize a championship.

Ischemica likes this.
  8. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

there's an Italian Formula Abarth server that is quite often populated, good racing

9. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I don't wish open wheel to be dead in AC. Just stating my opinion on the current state of this sim's community.

I don't need to start an open wheel server. There are plenty out there that are empty every time I check. There are so many great servers out there with mix class open wheel and single spec racing, but they are empty at all times of the day.

Being able to start league threads on this forum is a start, but creating a league, server, etc for a community that isn't there is a waste of time. I feel sorry for these guys that are paying for a server that never has anyone in it.

10. It isn't just open wheelers, Peter. It seems that most people are only interested in racing the GT2 and GT3 cars. Heck, even the Lotus Evora GTC has trouble getting through the turnstyles, and that can give those cars a run for their money in the right hands. Unfortunately, if it ain't GT2 or 3, then hardly anyone seems to care where the public servers are concerned. There are so many other cars to enjoy in AC, and there will be another ten very soon!! We need to encourage more people to race the road cars (or in your case the open wheelers), and the only way we are likely to do that is by booting those GT2 and GT3 cars out of the server lobby!

Horus likes this.
  11. Kunos really need to do an entry level open wheeler like the Formula Ford or Skip Barber as most of the current open wheelers are probably to difficult for many people to get to grips with as far as the casual public server racers.

The pub servers also need to take damage off as it only hinders those that want to race and if they do make a mistake or are the victim of someone else's mistake, being able to continue. The guys who want to cause carnage couldn't care less about damage, and in fact it encourages them.

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Well it's just the margin of error is smaller on faster cars - can't really have a good race with someone you can't drive near because the netcode makes their braking points erratic, and every incident immediately destroys all cars involved.

I can kinda get the gut appeal of F1 cars but I have never seen good racing with them in sims (as an average driver).. if I want competitive drivers and most of the field finishing the race, it's the Skip Barbers and stuff.

Peter Burke likes this.
  13. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Naaah, it is not that bad. Find some people and start a league.
    You can use one of the speedwise servers if you want to:
    http://www.speedwise.de

14. I can't believe more people aren't running the 2009 Formula Master mod...I don't typically care for open wheel cars and at the moment it is my favorite mod car available. The way it transfers what the car is doing through my wheel is absolutely magical. I've hosted servers with it a couple times and a few people join, but not many.

I tend to agree with your statement, but when the netcode is working good and this happens:
    [​IMG]

Pure Awesomeness!!!

15. TyranoTigger

TyranoTigger Gamer

Indeed this is the main problem. In an Exo S1 race for example you can easily have a 25 second time spread between 15 racers. They are simply too difficult for the majority of racers.

16. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

I agree that the faster cars are the harder ones. That's my appeal. AC is a hard driving sim in general with it's strong dependence on setup compared to titles I'm used to. It's young too; so community is small and changing. These modders are pumping out cars that I don't see getting used. I can't wrap my head around no one wanting to do Lauda vs Hunt with the M23 out now. Anyway people are actually in a 98T room:rolleyes:. Gotta go.

17. Very few of the mods physics are right. That's why I don't like them anyway.

Tim Meuris and victor86 like this.
  18. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Is the F A not beginner friendly enough? I am an openwheeler noob but find it very forgiving. Skip Barber is NA while this is Turbo but the F A has much better aero so it balances out to create an easy to drive very fast (relatively) car. If I am wrong, please tell me why, I want to know more.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Crashmax

Crashmax Rookie

I would love to do open wheeler mp for sure. I just have to wait for better netcode and penalties as there are to much crashers and bad pings, which totaly kill the fun. This will be fixed. Im pretty sure about that.

20. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Pub servers should have assists enabled for those that want to use them.
    They're mostly for casuals, pro's will always tell you that they're faster without assists so there should be no problem with leaving them available for those that want to use them.
    At the very least ABS and autogears. Lots of pub players use controllers (get over it - if you're such a wheel using pro then get off the pubs and onto a league server) - and braking is very hard with a controller, especially the open-wheelers.

Pub servers with snobby no-assists settings make no sense at all.

21. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Formula Abarth is similar to Formula Renault or Formula 4. Just because it has slicks and wings doesn't make it some sort of hot rod. It's a race school car.

Formula Ford is dying out now, kids are moving straight from karts to Formula 4 or Formula Renault. Managing slicks, paddle shift, setting up and driving a car with aero and left foot braking are the skills of the modern single seat racer. Treaded tyres in the dry, H pattern, H&T, mechanical grip, these things are fun in sims but not really what a 14 year old career racer needs to be familiar with.

For what it's worth I would like to see a Formula Ford in AC though.