1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Rodmap Post Release

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by James P, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

first on my ignore list cool

2. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'm probably going to get unpopular now, but I'm finding myself slightly agreeing with mktechno here. Slightly. :D

In order for us to be able to say what we think or mean we have to risk being interpreted as offensive or disrespectful, no? That doesn't mean that you should actively go out of your way to try to upset people obviously, and if you do then you should be prepared to take the consequences.

Yes, I would much prefer if people took this route. :)

Now, what was the topic again? Oh yes, roadmap.
    Sure, why not, if they have the time and energy.

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Racer

Having fun and physics is wrong,i would rather have,having fun with physics.
    Just do 10 random racese with A.I and think of it as carrier mode.
    All that is missing is a Congratulations screen at the end.
    You understand my point? there is no difference between simple race with A.I and same race in carrier mode apart from some dialogue screens,congratulations screen,points system(which you can do it yourself anyways) etc.

A-Jin likes this.
  4. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Racer

Damn, imagine being this wrong.

5. plaid

plaid Alien

Its really interesting how different people react compared to Pcars2/SMS.
    Some really amazing mental gymnastics, too.

Anyway, in case of software that gets more and more complex people should give the studio time to fix it. But if they obiviously don't bother?
    I don't know how pleased a dev would be if people payed with flawed money, thats 40% less worth than what they ask for. Releasing garbage and complaining about cheap keys from questionable sites or illegal downloads... Not much sympathy for those.

One can also imagine that he has a sim thats far superior to any existing one and save the money for the game plus hardware .
    In your head you can also fix the problem that the AI doesn't overlapp cars efficently in endurance races.
    Also if this stuff isn't relevant I don't know why a dev includes them. Attracting people who care about good racing games? That would be pretty disrespectful, to put it nicely.

This isn't a professional tool for racedrivers, that would be the version that is aimed for those specificly. You can use it and see it as you like, but thats not relevant for anyone else.

Anyway, I don't know how productive it is when people try to protect a game or studio in a way the creators themeselves wouldn't do, like denying, sugarcoating etc..
    That gives plenty of fuel for those who like to lose it sometimes.

Deyu and elchshooter like this.
  6. The intention was for ACC to be a sim. Unfortunately right now it's not 100% there yet. AI leaders can't overtake backmarkers. The lack of communication options between driver and crew chief are unrealistic. The inability to swap drivers is unrealistic. A 2 year "career mode" is unrealistic. You've got to realise that most people appear to want more than a quality physics engine to sim race these days.

And please don't sneer down on people who play F1 2018 or GT Sport. There's enough elitism in sim racing as it is.

Great post. Nailed it better than I could.

elchshooter and Arlo like this.
  7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Racer

I don't have any problems with ACC.

MTv likes this.