1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rsr livetiming great wall that can't win the limit at 105% wr

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Methee, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Methee

Methee Racer

This is my RSR Live Timimng cycle.

I start 5 laps with 110% WR --> 106-105% WR with 30 laps -->
    Every thing more than 30 laps make me to be tired and bore that track and AC --> go to another sim Iracing 10 tracks --> rFactor2 150 tracks --> GSC extreme 20 tracks -->
    come back to AC starting at 5 laps with 110%WR and continue the cycle again.

How many lap do you run to win the wall 105% WR ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room RSR Livetiming Additional Data Problem Nov 13, 2019
    Chit Chat Room RSR livetiming warning of cut track in pits Sep 9, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes RSR Livetiming Web Aug 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Can't sign in in rsrlivetiming web in ac Dec 24, 2015
    General modding discussion Rsr livetiming not working Aug 5, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Drag racing rsr livetiming problem Jul 1, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds RSR Live Timing Jul 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Tail lights Porsche - 911 RSR 3.0 May 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Kind of new to AC, I have a question about RSR... Aug 14, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ASSETTO CORSA | PORSCHE 911 RSR | CONTROLLER VS STEERING WHEEL May 26, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No force feedback on Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR Dec 30, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues RSR Live Timing Issue - assists aren't correct Dec 27, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues RSR Live Timing - Driver not recognized Dec 27, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 not loading on any track Oct 31, 2020

3. mattrick

mattrick Racer

Within 105% around 4-6 laps.

However my target is 103% which will be more like 20 laps i would guess

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

5. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

I do not even come close to 110%, RSRzoned :( but I am still having fun anyway

corwan likes this.
  6. My current best lap times for the car/track combinations that I have used to date are all within 105% of WR times. However, I still consider my AC times to be rather slow. I have only used default setups to date, and that will continue until I have a lot more practice laps under my belt. To be honest, I am just enjoying driving the cars at the moment. In fact, I prefer a few practice laps in cars that I love driving compared to quick races in cars that I don't. The latter are generally the race versions of cars, or the open wheelers. I tried the Z4 GT3 again last night, and it just feels lifeless compared to some of the standard cars that I have driven. That makes sense to me, because I prefer a minimum of fancy downforce and tech addons in my simulated cars. It's why I like P&G3 :)

mistery and Horus like this.
  7. JakeDunc

JakeDunc Racer

It's probably the setup that's stopping you from getting there.

8. I will never be challenging the WR times in any car/track combo, but I'm not bothered about that. All I need is to be quick enough to be competitive with the human population of Earth :D

corwan, Horus and sirgaric like this.
  9. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

+1 especially on the Exos 125/S1. That car felt like a totally different car once I found a good setup for it.

I normally do 3-7 laps and get between 101% and 105% but it varies a lot with the cars and setups. As soon as I stop improving I start crashing loads and then give up lol. Majority of my times are 103/104%. Best with the Exos and worst with the F40 S3.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Does it really matter what your times are, in comparison to the WR setters? Surely it is best to race against yourself, that way you know you are improving and enjoying your time doing so. I could not give a Bat's behind if someone does a lap 1-10 seconds quicker, it matters more that I am enjoying doing my own improvements on my own times.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Christopher Low, Ethan Dean and TCLF like this.
  11. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

If you find opponents which are quite same fast it doesnt matter that much.
    Some pro's like Niki, Hany and anssi are trained with 1000 of hours on many sims i guess

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

12. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

RSR times don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's not something worth beating yourself up over.

I set a couple of records and top-fives in the McLaren MP4 GT3 a while back. A friend of mine lamented that he couldn't match me on the board, but when it came to both of us on the track I was hard pressed to keep up with him. It's kind of fun in an abstract way to chase every last hundredth, and no doubt it's good practice for wringing every last drop out of the car (regardless of where you come on the board), but ultimately it just doesn't matter when it comes to actual racing.

My chart-topping laps (at the time) were frustrating, white-knuckle endeavours which took numerous attempts over about a week or two each to get down. The setup I had for Monza had literally the lowest downforce you could opt for, and the thing was loose as hell. I would never dream of using that setup during a race. It felt like I was walking a hair-width tightrope with my car, that's how fine the edge was. It was pretty much just luck that I managed to string a lap together. You simply can't do that in a race, not least because you'd burn the everloving crap out of your tires.

Don't worry about it. RSR is a super neat app, but leaderboard times aren't all they're cracked up to be.

13. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

After about 200 hours of practice, I get 104% in gt3 and ~102% in road cars in 2-6 laps. How much difference does a set make if your skill level is high enough to use everything the car has to give?

14. Horus

Horus Alien

My male hen is bigger than your male hen. It's a male hen chucking competition!

Voodoo likes this.
  15. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

Looking at my stats, it's more like 2-70 laps per combo ;)

Still curious how big a difference sets make... I have only been making little tweaks when something feels really wrong, like a diff setting or suspension travel. I have a long way to go before I feel like the setting is holding me back.

16. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

They do make a difference, and they don't at the same time. I find that I eventually reach a "threshold" of making the car itself faster vs simply improving the feel. There are certain parameters which absolutely make the car itself physically faster - aero, for example, and various aspects of the suspension can certainly be tuned for actual mechanical grip - but after a while you maximize that, and then it's down to making it more comfortable and confidence-inspiring to drive at your absolute limit. Maximizing the car's physical speed is only half the battle, it needs to respond to every input exactly how you want it to, tailored like a suit, to squeeze every drop out of it.

17. Eric

Eric Simracer

98T @ Mugello WR 1:26 = Ludacris

18. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

I wouldn't be surprised if some people got into the 1:24 range.

19. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me more than 1:24 to get out of the pits!

Horus likes this.
  20. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

Well that was a conservative guess! The current best in the 1:20 range.