1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

RTX 2070 Super vs RX 5700 XT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by luchian, Jul 24, 2019.

1. luchian

luchian Simracer

Hello racers,

I'm in the market for a new graphics card and my target is one of the two: RTX 2070 Super vs RX 5700 XT. Having looked at different benchmarks, it seems they are not that far.. but no bench is using AC/ACC.

I was wondering if anyone has any data/comparison between the 2 cards specifically in AC/ACC ?

I am not interested in the performance in other titles (since any of the 2 cards will do just fine for my taste). I am racing mainly in 3-screen (5760 x 1080) and occasionally in VR.

Thank you in advance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Quest + RTX 2070 - VR unplayable Aug 24, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Looking for Settings to HP Reverb - RTX 2070S - Ryzen 2700X Mar 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Huge lags with RTX2070 Apr 17, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars RTX 2070 major stutter in ACC Dec 21, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX4090 PC build for VR Feb 17, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 - Fatal error! In the middle of the practice / RTX4090 Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX4090 settings Nov 2, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting error rtx 4090 Oct 31, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions DLSS 3.0 for RTX 40 Series Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Settings suggestion to play on Acer Nitro 5 57-76BF RTX 3060 Aug 16, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality 5800x3d @ 90 FPS, RTX 3090 bottlenecking Apr 25, 2022

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

luchian likes this.
  4. luchian

luchian Simracer

Oh, I didn't see that thread :oops:, thank you.
    In this case, the choice is rather simple.

I had hoped for more from the Radeon. For example in this test, OC-ed, the Radeon is almost on par with 2080. But in the wrong games :D.

In the same time, I don't know how reliable the tests are. It's not one of the bigg(er) channels.
    And also I doubt that the XT would hold a long time with that much OC.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

IMO the 5700XT is a very good GPU and for most games I'd prefer it over the 2070. But much like you, I almost exclusively play ACC. So next upgrade for me will likely be a GSYNC/Nvidia combo. 50 % more FPS for ~50 € more is just a no-brainer.

luchian likes this.
  6. magzire

magzire Alien

WTF i got a better benchmark with a gtx 1060 (54k) than a rx 5700 (49k)
    Whats going on there?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    sissydriver likes this.
  7. RF_DeFr4G

RF_DeFr4G Rookie

I can confirm : I bought a 5700XT the 02/01/2020 to replace my 1070 GTX. I knew the 5700 XT was good, but not in ACC. I found a card at 310€, so I tried. The Avg FPS I get was 82 FPS ( see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-gpu-benchmark-thread.53426/ fot settings )
    Unfortunatly my 5700 XT is very warm, I think there's a problem : 92°C when in game, and theGPU clock goes up and down between 1600Mhz.
    So I bought a 2070 Super yesterday ....and first test I made is at 102 FPS (Avg)