1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rudimentary online penalty/ban system

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by justDrive, Oct 4, 2014.

1. justDrive

justDrive Racer

In Counter Strike GO when playing in competitive matches if you do a certain amount of damage to your teammates you are banned and have a 2 hour cool down before you can join competitive matches again.
    AC could have a basic system that detects damage that exceeds something like rubbing or light bumping and counts that as 1. When ever that counter reaches a specific amount that person is kicked and banned for a few hours from online services and the counter resets. And then the counter resets in general for everyone after a week or 24 hours also.
    What do you guys think about this being a feature later on for AC? I think this could help immensely with all the crashers on AC and turn them away from this game.
    Edit: No this isn't a begging thread and dont turn this into one please, just thinking of how to easily regulate online just alittle bit.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Console Lounge Online League May 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer No Online Servers - Disconnected May 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal Error opening game online server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions online servers Feb 12, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashed in the end of an online race Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stuck not loading singleplayer race or online Feb 1, 2023

3. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Rookie

I kind of like the idea..

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Maybe before immediately kick/ban, they could first give time penalty, the driver needs a second opportunity because it can just be a bad mistake. But first giving time penalty will separate accidental crashers to intentional crashers. An intentional crasher will not care about time penalty and will try to crash against others again at next chance, then should be a kick/ban.

Rick Crawford likes this.
  5. Blame

Blame Alien

Something like a black flag rule would apply better to those people, if the flag is ignored you would get an instant kick and a cooldown timer from online sessions.

6. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Sounds good but how can an automated system tell who is at fault every time with no errors? I can see a few crashes at the start + another crash later on getting me kicked instead of the idiots.

Pascalwb, Tollolbesar and TCLF like this.
  7. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

= everyone kicked when there's a 1st corner pile up

8. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Well consider that if it is a set amount, lets say 15 times to cause damage. If the driver causes enough damage 15 times in 24 hours you get timed out for a few hours and then that resets. If we say 15 times and you are a safe, knowledgeable driver even if the other "bad" drivers hit you, you shouldn't even be close to getting timed out. Even if you are collected in a crash at the start every race you do, it'll take 15 races to get booted which including 15 min qualifying and 20 min race and that would be more than 8.5 hours of play even twice in a session and that is more than 4 hours of play. Remember this is about more damage than just light bumping or rubbing.
    If you compare that to someone trying to crash people, that could take 1 qualifying and race. Or if they are a dirty driver they may only get 3 races and then they are done for a few hours. Plus add in just a warning saying damage has occurred and the driver has (#/15) left that would help just with the idea that the driver needs to watch it or they will be done for a few hours.

9. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I think the idea is solid, but needs some tweaking along with black flag rules.
    Three strikes rules. For me it could work like this:
    Inflicting car crippling damage on another car you are given a warning, 3rd warning 1 hour ban from servers. Three one hour bans everyday then a one day ban.

Similar for track cutting. 3rd cut in race, drive through, 4th stop and go, 5th black flag.

fioc likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good idea in theory but id much rather just have servers with proper admin control. Run a couple races with the people onboard and its easy to see trouble makers. Then let admin straight out kick and ban the user. There is quite s difference between accidents and deliberate wrecks and cuts.

Some people may make silly mistakes then id give them a warning see them repeat it a few more times and then ban them. If you then have a server where people generaly play fair those that dont stand out pretty well.

Had a guy last night straight cut the chicane at imola every lap and the first time he did he exit cleaning me and another guy up on re entry.

Id much prefer people enforce their own server rules and standards then any auto standard. Would be good to have an extra info box somewhere in the server lobby to clearly lay out the rules of the server.

The majority of guys on the public server I have no issues with but some id just ban instantly and let them do the8r crap elsewhere. Eventualy they will run out of places to race and im sure server admins could pass on their ban lists to keep the idiot of their servers straight up.

I wouldnt give no cool down period, if someone is an idiot on a server meant for clean racing then I dont ever want them back. No reason why the idiots and wreckers camt run their own servers and call them a free for all or kiddies table.

Would also be good if somehow a server could save a replay file. Then you could check logs and people voted off. Take a look at the replay and if the person deserved the vote off ad them to the banlist too.

Currentpy there is bugger all an admin can do other then manually add users to the banlist. You cant even kick someone without a general vote.

TCLF likes this.
  11. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Marty of course server controls are a great idea, I'm sure they are coming. There are however plenty of times server admins are not around and it would be if there is some kind of automatic system for ejecting wreckers with minimal impact on the rest of the drivers.

Let's see what the developers have planned.

12. TCLF

TCLF Alien

what's why he suggested the server replay file.

On this whole topic though, in theory it works, practicum it doesn't at all.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes but the hard thing is how to make an auto system that penalises the person in the wrong only and doesnt impact on the others. Id love to see something like that and if Kunos or some modder can make it work great.

Sure there could be simple things such as cut detection. If someone travels through certain sections of track. And runs within a certain time of their pb no cut sector. Simply give them a black flag and stop go or pitlane drive through. If they dont go to pit they get dq and insta ban.

Cutting is a much easier thing to enforce, automated penalties for wrecking is something else and more then likely will effect fair drivers more then it will wreckers.

For racing incidents its even harder and at times contact is simply running into someone elses accident.

For short term more admin controls will be a huge boost long term anythung that works is great. But everything should always be switcahble on or off server side not some global system as in Iracing.

14. McStinger

McStinger Racer

Kind of like the idea (which needs to be tweaked like described by some of the comments here)!

At least cause racing AC Multiplayer is (very) often just a pure "question of nerves" at this stage!

- most drivers "forget" that left of throttle there is sth like a "BRAKE" (especially 1. corner after start) :confused:
    - in cockpitview (the only real view) most players didnt find the "F11"-butten (mirror) = drive as they are alone on track :(
    - some (e.g. faster on straight by less downforce) just ram into back of ur car while braking (too) late next corner = your race is gone :mad:, they go on...
    - some if doing a mistake (= off track) they just drive back on track like 100% idiots as if there are no other drivers racing :confused:
    - and some, if back on track but slow while accelarating again, they ram you or block the track not to get passed, even if you`re 100-200 kmh faster that moment o_O

and so on, and so on...

Most of this points could be (at least) reduced by some kind of "penalty"-system which effects especially wreckers, even if in some cases (e.g. runing in a accident in front of you) would effect a fair driver (= someone normaly braking before a collision a/o waiting for a clear overtake) as well.

I could and would easily accept some "wrong" penalties to myself, if such a penalty-system would lead to a point, where wreckers (and trolls) had to leave the MP server being auto-kicked... Amen :rolleyes:

15. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Can someone point me in the direction of the game where this hasn't worked? I think of iRacing where anybody in contact gets a "mark" on their license. It seems way less fair but in reality it works pretty well, granted it's much more complicated but the basic idea that everyone is at fault ends out working because if a "good" driver gets in 15 crashes within 24 hours, they probably need to work on their racing etiquette, 15 crashes is an huge amount.
    It's not possible to force people playing this sim to learn how to drive first, then go to a "racing school" for a few hours and learn basic rules, flags, and proper racing etiquette. So they just jump in on multiplayer and end up trying to play this like a gran turismo, forza or shift game and they honestly have no right being out on the track at all.
    Does everyone expect an admin to see everything and just be watching? Yes they might be there but not the entire time. And if the person is banned from that server, why can't they just move to the next?
    New idea: What if the servers could chose if this rule was enforced?

16. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Uhh...How about no? I play CS GO and that penalty system is stupid...I'm playing with my friends, all of the team consists of my friends and we do sometimes **** about...If you are on the last bit of acidental damage and one of your highly skilled monkeys walks in front of you bam ban 30min sit down...and if you play often with highly skilled monkeys you can get a cooldown for up to a week...And since AC does have highly skilled monkeys I can only see me running into back of a car or other sort of element like me trying to overtake on the edge of the track while the guy in front don't give a ****..

17. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

There isn't automated system which will do this. Even marshals have problems to decide who was at fault.

TCLF and ITB Fiend like this.
  18. Zeppa

Zeppa Rookie

This would be hard to code and tweak to be fair. 1st corner pile up can have that 15 (or what ever) times counted contact when your between cars as its counted by contact. If they can track force of impact then it could be tweaked to work... Slight contact could count towards the penalty, harder contact could activate the penalty instantly.. Like the on on the SP side when you go off track.

force of impact and duration of contact should count it to be fair.